Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vaseline helps lashes grow longer...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
I was searching for something else but found this article.

http://www.blogforbeauty.com/?p=72

Do you believe this? If that's the case, why in the world did I pay $90 for Revitalash?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:54 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard of this before.. but I don't know if I should believe it or not! Neutral
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
Seriously...IF I am patient (as in being able to wait a whole year), and IF I am NOT already using Revitalash at night, and SAS KGF for brows on lashes in the morning, and Ardell during the day (after the KGF dried up), THEN I would like to try the Vaseline method. Maybe when all else fails....I'd give this a chance. It sounds so sticky though. I wonder how you get the vaseline on your lashes without it getting inside your eyes.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah it sounds really messy, lol. I can't stand the feeling of having something heavy and sticky on my eyelids.. Crying or Very sad
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:40 am      Reply with quote
Actually, this definitely works. And it feels soothing (to me) -- plus there's nothing to get IN your eye.

I did this back in high school. It worked great.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:43 am      Reply with quote
Also -- I never bothered with a mascara wand. What's the point? I just smeared it on with my finger. Very simple -- and it didn't take no year to see results, either. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:45 am      Reply with quote
Surprised That's awesome Sidda! I shall try this out when I'm done with my RL!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:53 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I was searching for something else but found this article.

http://www.blogforbeauty.com/?p=72

Do you believe this? If that's the case, why in the world did I pay $90 for Revitalash?

Actually it does work. As a teenager I would use vaseline on my lashes instead of mascara, I would just apply it with my finger. I was always getting comments on my lashes.

I stopped using it and definitely noticed a difference, my lashes were nowhere near as long. A couple of years ago I tried the Talika and my lower lashes went mad, so much so that I had to start cutting them as they looked freaky with mascara on. I then tried the JM, but only for a few weeks, mainly for the top lashes, I wanted them to be as long as the bottom ones.

I now don't use anything BUT still I have to cut my lashes, especially the lower ones because they're just far too long. They look really weird with mascara on and I even apply the mascara normally and then pinch it off the ends so it's not so noticeable.

I had just as much response from using vaseline as using the JM and Talika.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:17 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

Actually it does work. As a teenager I would use vaseline on my lashes instead of mascara, I would just apply it with my finger. I was always getting comments on my lashes.

I stopped using it and definitely noticed a difference, my lashes were nowhere near as long. A couple of years ago I tried the Talika and my lower lashes went mad, so much so that I had to start cutting them as they looked freaky with mascara on. I then tried the JM, but only for a few weeks, mainly for the top lashes, I wanted them to be as long as the bottom ones.

I now don't use anything BUT still I have to cut my lashes, especially the lower ones because they're just far too long. They look really weird with mascara on and I even apply the mascara normally and then pinch it off the ends so it's not so noticeable.

Wow...I have to give it a go Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
sarahb wrote:

Wow...I have to give it a go Shock

Me too! Shock Shock
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:43 am      Reply with quote
I have tried using vaseline on my lashes & it adds a nice natural glossy shine, but I think it's a bit messy to use. I just prefer using Ardell. Smile
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I'm glad you reminded me of this, I haven't done it for ages. It definitely does help. I have quite long eyelashes anyway, but I find when I use vaseline as an eye make up remover, they definitely look slighty longer and healthier.
Ooh I just bought a new tub, I'm going to start doing that again!

5% products discount

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:14 am      Reply with quote
I am not going to believe everything I read. First, it that blog doesn't tell you why it works or how it works it just makes some bogus claim. Vaseline is just petroleum, how in the world will petroleum make your eye lashes grow longer??? I would like to believe it works, and this post has piqued my interest, but to have to use it up to a year in order to see results seems extreme. Just food for thought...

and i would like to see pictures of these long eye lashes
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:50 am      Reply with quote
i'll definitely try this out once my talika is finished!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
It moisterized my lashs well, kept them from breaking, made them look darker from root to tip, from conditioning. But for me it never helped any in growth or thickness.

Same with Caster oil, or Mineral oil.

For me, it was just a good conditioner.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
This most def does work, I've said this for a very long time, it won't happen in 3 weeks as with JM, but its at the very least a great conditioner!!
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to add that I used it for years as a teenager, not just a few weeks, don't know how long it took before I noticed they were longer, but it worked for me.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sold! I'll definitely try this after I'm done with RL. If RL doesn't work for me to make my lashes super long in 3 months, I'll just keep conditioning them to make them healthy. I'm ok with the way they are right now since they're full and medium length like most normal people.
Enigma
5% products discount

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried and it didn't work for me Crying or Very sad
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 8:07 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, there's a post on how vit b5 and biotin can help our eye lashes grow Razz

check this out :0
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20905

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
bkkgirl, there's a post on how vit b5 and biotin can help our eye lashes grow Razz

check this out :0
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20905

Thank you! And I like your signature line. I need to do this, too.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:31 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)