Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Ignore everything you've read about chemicals in products...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Ignore everything you've read about chemicals in products it's untrue, everything is safe after all. Well that's according to a guy from OPI that I have been having 'friendly chats' with today about the formaldehyde in their products.

He has just written to me....

Quote:
There is no cause for concern regarding the safety of cosmetic ingredients, including those of OPI.

What???!! Sorry but parabens have been found in breast cancer, formaldehyde is a preservative for dead bodies and can be carcinogenic (ie cause cancer), Isopropyl Myristate which gives slip to products is one of the main ingredients in WD40, (a car lubricant), talc can cause breathing problems and is also possibly carcinogenic, Isolutrol used in acne products comes from shark liver, PABA a sunscreen agent causes dermatitis and Mica is farmed by 3 year old kids that work 18 hours a day just to get enough food to live!!!

And they're only the ones I can think of off the top of my head! And there's nothing to worry about!?!?!?
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Ignore him!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
Crying or Very sad
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I don't believe nail polish can lead to cancer. Its just like Asprin Mask that some claim would be bad cuz the skin would absorb too much asprin...Its a bunch of crap IMO Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I don't believe nail polish can lead to cancer. Its just like Asprin Mask that some claim would be bad cuz the skin would absorb too much asprin...Its a bunch of crap IMO Shock

I agree.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:34 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe if one bathed in nail polish everyday, then it might occur, you think?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:

rofl
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:

Would any idiot do that? Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:

Bad Grin

but on a serious note, should we watch out for parabens for skincare?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
As my mother continually tells me, everthing in moderation, but perhaps that's just an M-word for some I....s ....

I know we hear all these dreadful things about parabens, but if and when they are used in skin care, it is at levels below 1%. It's not like a peanut allergy or bee stings where some unfortunate individuals go straight into anaphylactic shock. Unless you break out into a rash after coming into contact with a significant dosage of parabens, how does one know whether one is allergic to parabens anyway?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
nyonyakay wrote:

Bad Grin

but on a serious note, should we watch out for parabens for skincare?

Dear Lisa,
Thank you for your email. At Pure Skin Formulations, e feel that everyone has the right & responsibility to use cosmetic ingredients of their choice, and to avoid certain ingredients if they so wish. Our scientists feel that based on the research available, parabens have undergone undue scrunity due to certain scare campaigns on the internet & via chain emails. Parabens are considered safe for use by the FDA in cosmetics, medicine, and also as a food-grade preservative. There has not been one credible study to show that parabens are dangerous to humans in any way. The parabens that we include in our products as preservatives are naturally derived from various barks & berries that contain the necessary chemical constituants. Also, we combine parabens with other natural preservatives, such as neem & willow bark extract so that we can add the parabens to our products at concentrations of 0.025% and less. We are dedicated to creating the most effective & safe natural skincare products available. The safety of our client has always been, and will continue to be our number one concern.
Best regards,
Chad
Customer Service

Surprised

nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds great, Chad of Customer Service, but are you an expert in bio-chemistry, and would you bet your family home or first-born child on it? Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
That sounds great, Chad of Customer Service, but are you an expert in bio-chemistry, and would you bet your family home or first-born child on it? Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

rofl Sorry! That's an email I got back from Chad at PSF skin care, regarding to parabens! Very Happy
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
I figured that, and Chad sounds like a really nice guy whose mouth (or typing fingers) has been stuffed with someone else's words. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have respect for PSF's products Cool

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
I love PSF & thier customer service!!
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:10 pm      Reply with quote
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes The joke's on Chad. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes The joke's on Chad. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Razz
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
LoL

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Denial is not just a river in Eqypt!
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:26 am      Reply with quote
gggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Rolling Eyes
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
Here's a link to a recent discussion which offers some opposing views
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20120&start=0
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
A friend of mine put it succintly, "I'd rather have more preservatives than a festering bacterial orgy any day." Very Happy
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:
gggggggggghhhhhhhhh

Rolling Eyes

I second that eye roll. I believe it's anyone's choice to avoid whatever they want, but some people don't believe in all the hype about ingredients in products. I'm one of them. I'm more concerned about our planet running out of natural resources and getting my loved ones to quit smoking. ETC!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I believe moderation is the key when considering ingredients. There is no need to be alarmed with most chemicals in skincare product. Things in nature, organic or not, can still cause reaction.

Wed Apr 24, 2024 10:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |