Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: Avalon Organics Lavender Nourishing Shampoo
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I recently switched to no sulfate/cones organic haircare. It was necessary because my scalp condition was getting worse by the day - tons of buildup from conventional haircare, oily, flakey and itchy. I started with John Masters' two most popular products because it was convenient to order from EDS, but was seriously let down, especially given the price, by the JMO products. My scalp was still greasy and flakey, albeit less than before, and ends were super dry and frizzy, more than before.
I was still determined to stick to organic haircare though, so when I found a store here that sells Avalon products, I jumped at the chance to try them. This shampoo was not the first one I tried from this brand, but it's the one I keep coming back to thru out all my experimentation with organic haircare both from Avalon and Giovanni.
Anyway, I think I finally figured out what was in the John Masters and Giovanni products that kept weighing my hair down and caused buildup on my scalp - PROTEIN. It seems I can't use any products with any form of protein on the list anywhere. The minute I switch back to the Avalon shampoos that don't contain protein, the feel and look of my hair improves dramatically. The one that I keep coming back to is this Lavender one, even though I also have 2 other Avalon protein-free shampoos.
I should mention that while this is SLS-free, it does contain some other detergents, which is why it still lathers and suds up very much - almost like a normal shampoo, but definitely feels gentler.
The fragrance is absolutely heavenly - it's a true, unsweetened, real lavender scent that's just so relaxing. Actually, I liked the scent so much I went back and bought the Lavender shower gel. As with other organic shampoos, the scent is strong in the shower but does not linger on the hair after.
My roots do feel straw-like and tangly while in the shower, but when my hair dries I love the way my roots feel - silky, clean and un-weighed down. Flakes and itchies are gone.
This costs $8 and is worth every cent.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
thanks for your reply, I'm using this product is vitamin c serum. I love it so much.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:45 pm      Reply with quote
I really love Avalon's Lemon Clarifying Shampoo & Conditioner. Smile
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I have the lemon shampoo too but due to the shea butter, it seems a little too greasy for my scalp
shelle
5% products discount

Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:59 am      Reply with quote
oh it would have been great if I'd had the same result!
I looovvveee the smell of the lavender shampoo but my hair feels really greasy and unclean afterwards, but you're right about the lather! I'm trying to use up my bottle as a body wash Very Happy
Really wish it worked for me though!
coryry

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I tried the Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner and found it left my hair feeling dry. Perhaps it is because we have hard water? I would love to find the perfect organic shampoo and conditioner that would leave my hair really soft.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Aubrey Organics makes some very nice shampoos. I get them at a great price on iherb.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
coryry wrote:
I tried the Lavender Shampoo and Conditioner and found it left my hair feeling dry. Perhaps it is because we have hard water? I would love to find the perfect organic shampoo and conditioner that would leave my hair really soft.

I tried the Avalon shampoo because it had no sulfates. I really liked the smell but it left my hair dry.

I will look for the shower gel in Lavendar.

Avalon also has some nice skin care items. I really like the Vitamin C serum.
Autumn1995
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
I tried the Avalon and found it too drying.

I do like the following sulfate free shampoos:

L'oreal Everpure Moisture
I got a free trial kit of shampoo, conditioner and mask

The mask does not do much. I would repurchase the shampoo. All have a herbaly smell that you either like or dislike.

AG Recoil - Canadian salon line designed for wavy curly hair. Fresh clean smell. I got this free with Recoil styling cream.

From Sally's - Colouress
Dupe of Purelogy but affordable

I have highlighted, wavy hair that is mid back. I shampoo 2 - 3x weekly.
Gold_Yellow
5% products discount

Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I have medium to think hair and Avalon Lemon Clarifying Shampoo was too greasy for me.

Rosemary Volumizing Shampoo sounds good, did anyone try that
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
i tried this one a few times and found that it made my hair feel very dry like straw. unfortunately i have been noticing that with other organic lines like giovanni too. i have not wanted to shell out 20 for jon masters so i cannot comment on them.
sucencen
5% products discount

Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
I love organic shampoo,they make my hair feel fresh!
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:15 am      Reply with quote
i use avalon tea tree shampoo, it's good.

5% products discount

Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Among all the shampoos I have used, I like the LUSH Govida best becasue of the smell(it doesn't help with my hair loss).
I like the Avalon lavender/tee tree shampoo because they make my hair feel soft and I experience less hair loss when use together with the conditioner,it's just perfect!
xyzabcd8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 20, 2016 12:51 am      Reply with quote
I echo everyone's comments here. Organic shampoos are really good for the scalp.
wenning
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I haven't used this product. My hair is great. I seldom pay attention to shampoo.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |