Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
If you wear Birkenstock shoes...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
...what's your favorite style and color?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
I must say, I love black shoes. They match in any color of clothes.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:09 pm      Reply with quote
Which styles of Birkies do you buy in black? I have only the Eaton in black.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Uhhhhh poohlisey do you know what birkenstock's look like?

Black isn't going to make them stylish. Rolling Eyes
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Awww, be cool to Birkies katee! Very Happy I agree they are not the most attractive contenders in the footwear arena, but my feet them, so I give in.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
I adore these shoes - I have khaki and white.
I live in them.
Very Happy
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
LOL. Okay I just looked. I don't wear them. I think my brother has some pairs, don't know which brand though, in brown and olive? I don't think black looks too bad.. Crying or Very sad Surprised
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
I wasn't dissing them marci65 Laughing . I KNOW they're comfy!!!

But, somehow, poohlisey's "ohhhh i loveee black shoes" comment made me giggle. Wooo hoooo secksy black birkies. rofl rofl rofl
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I wasn't dissing them marci65 Laughing . I KNOW they're comfy!!!

But, somehow, poohlisey's "ohhhh i loveee black shoes" comment made me giggle. Wooo hoooo secksy black birkies. rofl rofl rofl

Crying or Very sad Kate, you are such a teaser! rofl
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:11 pm      Reply with quote
haha. i;ve never seen a black birkie. actually, i've only seen birkie sandals and not shoes Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:25 am      Reply with quote
I live in my Birkies in the Summer and have several, white, khaki, pink and multi coloured. The thing that bugs me is that the footbed gets soooo dirty though, it doesn't look nice. I did contact them about it and they said to try cleaning with bicarbonate of soda or soap and water. I tried the soap and water but the footbed just went rock hard, too much soap maybe. Smile
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:30 am      Reply with quote
sarahb, i have the exact same problem! since the footbed is made of suede for mine, they told me to lightly brush it. i still see DARK foot prints after a year of wearing them though!

do we use the bicarbonate of soda alone or with water? both my pairs are alpro.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:48 am      Reply with quote
snowstar wrote:
sarahb, i have the exact same problem! since the footbed is made of suede for mine, they told me to lightly brush it. i still see DARK foot prints after a year of wearing them though!

do we use the bicarbonate of soda alone or with water? both my pairs are alpro.

Mine are suede too, if they were 'normal' insoles then the dirt wouldn't stick to it. I think they told me to put the bicarb on dry.
snowstar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:03 am      Reply with quote
thanks! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:59 am      Reply with quote
I have the ones with the three silver bars.

If you think these are unglam... what will you think of me when I tell you I wear crocs too?!
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:33 am      Reply with quote
If anyone has tried cleaning the suede footbed with bicarbonate of soda, dry, please let me know how it worked out. Do you smoosh the bicarb around with your fingers or maybe a toothbrush, to fluff up the suede a bit?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:02 am      Reply with quote
I have a pair of the Madrids in pink - they were the most stylish ones I could find. Got them in an attempt to wear more comfortable shoes that don't cause my toenails to drop off in the summer.

They are the second most painful shoes I've ever worn! Mad Crying or Very sad I hate the damn things!

How do people find them so comfortable? Or am I just weird?

Will stick to my Havaianas, Converse and killer peeptoes from now on.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
If anyone has tried cleaning the suede footbed with bicarbonate of soda, dry, please let me know how it worked out. Do you smoosh the bicarb around with your fingers or maybe a toothbrush, to fluff up the suede a bit?

Hi

I asked them last year and if I remember rightly he said to use a cloth with the bicarb. I guess the dry bicard takes the dirt out without damaging the suede.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:40 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

They are the second most painful shoes I've ever worn! Mad Crying or Very sad I hate the damn things!

How do people find them so comfortable? Or am I just weird?

Will stick to my Havaianas, Converse and killer peeptoes from now on.

Where do you find them painful? Where the toe bit is? I thought they were painful to start with, I actually got a hammer and hit down that raised bit on the front of the footbed and then got use to them, after a while they take on the shape of your feet and now I live in them all Summer, so comfy.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

If you think these are unglam... what will you think of me when I tell you I wear crocs too?!

Those crocs always remind me of that Jason mask in Halloween! What do people see in them? Are they just really comfy cos they're pig ugly IMHO! Smile
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:08 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
catski wrote:

Those crocs always remind me of that Jason mask in Halloween! What do people see in them? Are they just really comfy cos they're pig ugly IMHO! Smile

ha ha. Laughing

I know they are very weird looking. The thing is, I like weird things... Embarassed

So I was thrilled when I first saw them in a beachside market.. but my husband said "Noooo! Just Step Away From Those Shoes!"

But I love them, and they are too comfortable, they make all other shoes feel constricting.

They are fab for if you're out on a walk where it's handy to be able to walk through a river AND up a mountain,effortlessly.

And to think, in my early twenties I only wore stilletoes. How the mighty are fallen... Confused
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have the clog birks from when I was a CSA. They are great if you have to stand on your feet all day. Waaay ugly though. I can't stand looking at them. I have gotten more accepting of ugly yet comfortable footwear though. I do have a pair of neon pink crocs that were awesome when I went hiking. I could cross the river in them no problem and use them to explore the flatter areas when we set up camp. Okay I admit to wearing them while not hiking too Embarassed
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the question was going to be: If you wear Brikenstocks, do you wear socks with them? ha ha. When I was in grade 8, Birks were considered trendy. I prefere Haviannas these days. They are much more comfortable.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:04 pm      Reply with quote
Well... do ya [wear socks with them]? Very Happy I do -- I wear the clog-style Bostons in the winter and I wear socks with them because my feet would never be warm otherwise.

DS wears socks for about a week when he breaks in his Arizona sandals. Which I think looks a bit odd, but he doesn't care since he likes to keep all of the skin on his feet happy. Better to break in the sandals than to have them break in your foot. Wink
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:25 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm,I don't think I've ever tried the sock look. Most days, I don't even have matching socks and I'm not kidding. If I felt like having a little warmth on my feet, I wear ugly Uggs. I just bought new Pink and Sand colored ones because I wore my old ones out. I think this thread should be named: "Ugly but Popular Comfortable Footwear" I'm behind the trend though. Isn't the newest thing those ugly Croc shoes? Eww.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |