Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
What are your favorite body products?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:59 am      Reply with quote
I really like Molton Brown shower gels (particularly the heavenly gingerlily and silverbirch scents), and also have recently been trying the L'Occitane shea shower creams, which are lovely too.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:33 am      Reply with quote
sherryf13500 wrote:
I am 54 years old and everyday when I am done in the shower I put on baby oil to my damp skin.

Oh, this sounds interesting - I used tonnes of baby oil and coconut butter cream when I was pregnant - I didn't get a single stretch mark.

Sherry - are you saying that you apply oil to your skin without using towel at all?

sherryf13500 wrote:
Once I am out of the shower I pat myself dry and put on Eucerine cream (intensive) all over. This stuff keeps my skin supple and moist all day. I use warmed emu oil at night. I don't want shriveled up skin. Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize! My skin looks very smooth.

Can you please explain what is warmed emu oil? How do you warm it up?

Thanks! R. Smile

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I like the Body Shop's oil sprays. My favorite is the mango one as I have dry skin and find this the most moisturizing. I love the smell as well!

Where are you located that you have difficulty finding straight oils for skin?

If you can't find body oils in the health food store, you may be able to find Neutrogena body oil in a drug store. It's a nice product -- mostly sesame oil with something added that seems to enhance skin absorption. I would think it wouldn't irritate your sensitive skin.

I just put some Neutrogena body oil in an empty Body Shop oil spray container - bottle works good. I find spraying the oil easier to apply - rub in with hand after spraying...

5% products discount

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:08 pm      Reply with quote
I add my vote to Kiehl's Creme de corps. Very moisturizing. I also like the Aveda bath products- their Energizing Body Cleanser has a great scent.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Kiehls creme de corp is great. It doesn't seem to inflame my eczema. But i did have a bad flareup of something else over my arm a few months ago and creme de corp wasn't doing well with that. (possibly dermatitis..saw a dermatologist but he couldn't give definitive diagnosis). That being said, nothing else keeps me as moisturised and comfortable and glowy.

Also aveeno daily moisturising lotion. It's a thickist lotion but the biggest plus is the oatmeal. Oatmeal is extremely comforting for those with eczema and generally soothes a lot of skin conditions. Highly recommended especially with those with eczema. (not to mention it's so much cheaper compared to kiehls).
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
My favorites:

Eucerin, the original cream, tough to spread but it really last forever.
Kiehl's Creme de corps, too expensive for every day use though
Nivea, the original stuff in the blue tin. Hard to find so I hoard it when I do find it but it works great.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I like the Body Shop's oil sprays. My favorite is the mango one as I have dry skin and find this the most moisturizing. I love the smell as well!

Where are you located that you have difficulty finding straight oils for skin?

If you can't find body oils in the health food store, you may be able to find Neutrogena body oil in a drug store. It's a nice product -- mostly sesame oil with something added that seems to enhance skin absorption. I would think it wouldn't irritate your sensitive skin.

I just put some Neutrogena body oil in an empty Body Shop oil spray container - bottle works good. I find spraying the oil easier to apply - rub in with hand after spraying...

I'm in Thailand and there aren't many health food stores. Actually, I'm not even sure if there's any. You can get some oils in supermarkets but most are not cold pressed except for some olive oil.

I've tried Neutrogena Body Oil, but it really irritated my skin Sad And The Body Shop products generally don't get on with my skin either.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Kiehl's products are very hard to get a hold of as there are no Kiehl's shops or counters in Thailand. However, I've seen Kiehl's de Corps at an import shop before but the price was ridiculous.

sparkle,

Re Avenoo Daily Moisturizing Lotion, have you even broken out with eczema or dermatitis from this? Does it absorb quickly? It's very hot and humid where I live, so often products don't absorb quickly and leave my skin feeling all sticky and filmy. If it works fine for you, I think it'll be worth trying. It's a lot more economical than Kiehl's as well Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I use Decleor Vitaroma Sumptuous Body Cream. I also love the Molton Brown Shower Gels,all of them.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
My favourite body product is Jergan's ultra healing. it's just avaliable in my country. I also use jergen soap for sensitive skin. Every member in my family love this product so much.
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Because I have KP, I have found that sticking to a strict regime of physical exfoliation and the richest moisturizers I can find is best for keeping my arms and legs as smooth and soft as possible. Right now, I'm using Dove's Cream Oil in the shower on a very scratchy nylon scrubby washcloth thing (the Dove is okay, but I think the ingredients could be better--I might try Caress's version of this next), Booth's Bath & Body Oil applied to damp skin immediately afterwards, then if I'm feeling extra-dry, I "top" with Alba Botanica's Very Emollient Original Body Lotion (smells like jasmine and sinks in beautifully).

I use Kiss My Face's shaving creams as they give me a really close shave without much product and moisturize the skin to boot.

As for my feet: At night, I put on AmLactin (12% AHA) and top with Alba's Kukui Nut Body Cream (too sweet for the rest of my body, since the fragrance really lingers). I also try to put cream on them in the morning before I put on my socks. This routine (plus an occasional buff with a foot file) has really helped keep my heels smooth and crack-free.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
I really like Weleda's body oils: the Birch cellulite oil and lavendar body oil are particular favorites.

When I want a moisturizer that's less oily, I use Dr. Hauschka Rose Body Moisturizer.

As a cleanser, I use Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soaps, which were mentioned earlier. The lavendar is quite gentle and pairs very well with the Weleda lavendar body oil.
shanno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Whoops! I nearly forgot--a great bargain product is Trader Joe's Purify rosemary mint sea salt scrub. It's a fabulous treatment for dry winter skin.
blackmamba
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:00 pm      Reply with quote
Ojon's tawaka ancient rejuvenating cream Very Happy smells divine and is mostly natuarl (99%). It also hydrates my skin better than anything else.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 13, 2008 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Aveeno Creamy Moisturizing Oil
Gold Bond lotion
Kai Body lotion
Body Shop scrub
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:18 am      Reply with quote
I use Jurlique body oil.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:49 am      Reply with quote
I'm really prone to dermatitis/ eczema and random rashes. I found the aveeno line quite good (both the moisturising cream and shower oil) with the oatmeal extracts.

they are more preventative than treatment though, once I get an actual flareup, it doesn't do much.

On less sensitive areas of the skin, i like kiehls creme de corp, super smooth and supple skin!
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Palmer's Cocoa Butter is great!
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Caudalie body scrub,great smell and it will leave your skin a film of oil. and skin is moistrised by it.
body cream is saved after using this product.
i will buy them again
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:04 am      Reply with quote
Dermanew Crystal Resurfacing Soap - it's fantastic!
havana8

Tue Jan 15, 2008 5:45 am      Reply with quote
For body scrubs, I am loving Bod's Mandarin, Lime & Nutmeg Rice Body Scrub.

For body oils, Suzanne aux Bains Duo Des Sens--it really smells lovely!
Bree22
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:45 am      Reply with quote
caswell and massey's elixir of love body cream
Olos rebalancing alchemy
body shop vitamin e cream bath
L'occitane 100% shea butter
L'occitane almond body milk concetrate
L'occitane Almond body scrub
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
BBW.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |