Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz)
trapped nerve
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:24 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody know how to get rid of one? I've had it just below my shoulder blade for over a week and it's doing my head in. I get them from time to time, and it usually goes by itself. This time its stayed for ages, and I've had enough. Tried massage, hot bath, painkillers....
It's not so bad when standing, but sitting is the worst.
Any advice....cheers
Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Maybe doctor and physical therapy? Massage has always worked for me though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
Try to really relax and loosen yourself up. Take a long relaxing bath and make sure to immerse that part.

Then maybe lie down and try to work on some relaxation.

If there is any way to hang yourself upside-down, consider carefully doing that too, to set free whatever it is that's caught or pinched between two things.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
A chiropractic adjustment from a reputable Doctor should fix the problem.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Ice packs and Ibuprofin do the trick for me. They help reduce the inflammation around the nerve. I keep the ice on for 30 mins if I have the time to do so. (The first few minutes of this are really hard as the ice is soooo cold but after awhile, it's not so bad...) Also when you are standing up, make sure that you are moving the area from time to time by gently making big circles with your arms. This also seems painful at first, but if you do it gently and carefully it seems to help and your range of motion should begin to increase each time.

Deep tissue massage has helped me too, when I combine it with the above.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone.
I've been putting heat on, hoping that would help, I'll try cold instead. Hanging upside down, I'll try that too! Its weird as for the last couple of days right accross the top of my shoulders hurts, not just where the trapped nerve is. It feels as though I've been carrying heavy weights on my shoulders!
Well I'll try those tips tonight,
Thanks again guys.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) DS Laboratories Trioxil.PM Anti-Acne Gel (30 ml) NuFace Gel Primer (5 fl oz / 148 ml)