Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Received my first Dr. H trial kit, what to do now?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I received Dr. H trial kit for dry skin (even though i don't dry skin, i chose this b/c i read rave reviews on Rose cream, rejuvenating mask, cleansing cream Razz Razz Razz )

I have started using the rose cream for day and night for a couple days now. I hope this is ok.

my question is about the cleansers.
Is the cleansing milk for make-up removal?
and the cleansing cream for deep cream but should use after the cleansing milk? i thought it was the other way around.

I haven't tried the quince cream yet, should i use this for day and rose cream for night?

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:45 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily skin, and I do not wear makeup everyday. I only use the cleansing milk for makeup removal with the cleansing cream after. I do use the cleansing cream everyday. I find the cleansing milk too moisturizing, although I have never broken out from it. I am not sure about the quince and rose cream. I change them dependingon how my skin feels. Lately I have been using rose in the AM and quince in PM.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
You're going to love Dr H. I've been using the line for years and adore it. I use the Cleansing Cream in the Am and the Cleansing Milk in the PM. I never use one after the other as I don't feel the need too. The cleanisng milk is a great makeup remover too. Dr Hauschka's philosophy is that creams should only be used in the day so that the skin can breathe and regenerate at night so you might want to stick to their routine and only use the Rose Day Cream in the morning. Good luck with the trial. Hope it works out well for you. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use the cleansing milk to remove makeup & then follow with the cleansing cream, or sometimes I just use either one of them on their own. It just depends on how much makeup I'm wearing. I also only use the rose cream when my skin is very sensitive, I have a sample of the quince cream but haven't used it yet.
Mabsy

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:23 am      Reply with quote
The proper "Dr Hauschka way" would be to use the cleansing milk first to remove makeup, then use the cleansing cream (which technically is meant to be used on a makeup-free face as a gentle exfoliant) and then use the day cream. Dr Hauschka advocates not using a moisturizer at night at all.

I've skipped the night moisturizing when I was using their ampule treatment and didn't really have any problems but I still prefer to use a moisturizer at night myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:05 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
The proper "Dr Hauschka way" would be to use the cleansing milk first to remove makeup, then use the cleansing cream (which technically is meant to be used on a makeup-free face as a gentle exfoliant) and then use the day cream. Dr Hauschka advocates not using a moisturizer at night at all.

I've skipped the night moisturizing when I was using their ampule treatment and didn't really have any problems but I still prefer to use a moisturizer at night myself.

I tried the no moisturiser at night regime for a while & instead just tried spraying a bit of the Dr H toner on my face only at nights (after cleansing) but I found my skin went a bit "funny", so I also prefer using a night cream, lotion or serum of some sort.
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
thank you all...
I really do like the cleaning cream.

I've notice some dry patches/small bumps on the right side of my chin. I think it was from the new DHC cleansing oil,that dries me out...
for a few days now Embarassed
what's my best solution for that.

I have used jojoba oil at night for a couple nights now... tonight is the 2nd night

thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
yuki, please let me know how it goes. After reading all the posts, I am thinking of trying some Dr H products too Razz

TIA
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
yuki wrote:
I've notice some dry patches/small bumps on the right side of my chin. I think it was from the new DHC cleansing oil,that dries me out...

Do you have a good hydrating mask you use regularly? If so try using it to see if it helps with the dry patches. Good luck. Smile
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
If someone wnat to use a night moisuriser (or just try a different day cream), you should try Weleda. Weleda has a larger variety of moisturiser and is compatible with dr. H. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
you meant, weleda day cream is compatible with Dr.H rose cream? I am almost ran out of Rose Cream, so I want to find an alternative that is not that pricey...
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
fishzebby wrote:
you meant, weleda day cream is compatible with Dr.H rose cream? I am almost ran out of Rose Cream, so I want to find an alternative that is not that pricey...

Weleda make 2 different versions, one light and one more heavy of most of their day creams. Both Weleda and DH are based on the same philosophy (except that DH don't believe in night creams) so I find they combine nicely, but it doesn't mean that Weleda rose cream and DH rose cream are exactly the same.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:
yuki, please let me know how it goes. After reading all the posts, I am thinking of trying some Dr H products too Razz

TIA

so far, the jojoba oil is working fine, i have just ordered some rosehip oil, and i will try to mix it with jojoba to see if it gives me the miracle. Laughing Laughing

So far, cleansing cream is really nice, cleansing milk seems to clean out my makeup really well too.
rose cream, it's heavy, i think i still need to try a few more days to determine if i will keep it or not. i have not tried the qunice cream yet.

I will definitely provide more feedback later Razz Razz

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
yuki wrote:
j0g6345 wrote:

TIA

so far, the jojoba oil is working fine, i have just ordered some rosehip oil, and i will try to mix it with jojoba to see if it gives me the miracle. Laughing Laughing

So far, cleansing cream is really nice, cleansing milk seems to clean out my makeup really well too.
rose cream, it's heavy, i think i still need to try a few more days to determine if i will keep it or not. i have not tried the qunice cream yet.

I will definitely provide more feedback later Razz Razz

Thank you yuki for the update. I will definitely give them a try Smile

Jasmine
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
With the rose cream seeming so heavy, try much less of it RIGHT AFTER using the toner, when your face is still wet from it. It soaks in wonderfully that way and doesn't seem greasy or heavy at all.
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
michelec wrote:
With the rose cream seeming so heavy, try much less of it RIGHT AFTER using the toner, when your face is still wet from it. It soaks in wonderfully that way and doesn't seem greasy or heavy at all.

I don't use a toner... i use it right after cleansing cream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:
yuki wrote:

Do you have a good hydrating mask you use regularly? If so try using it to see if it helps with the dry patches. Good luck. Smile

well, along with the travel kit, i also bought Dr. H rejuvenating mask (such a rave review here), and i applied last night, i really don't know how much to put on my face, thick layer, thin layer, anyone?

I think my dry patches are getting slightly better day after day, but i just got a huge bump (i don't know what do you call it, but it's red and big), and i'm supposed to go see my soon-to-be grandparents-in-law in a few days at California. Mad Mad Sad Sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
yuki wrote:
j0g6345 wrote:
yuki wrote:

well, along with the travel kit, i also bought Dr. H rejuvenating mask (such a rave review here), and i applied last night, i really don't know how much to put on my face, thick layer, thin layer, anyone?

I think my dry patches are getting slightly better day after day, but i just got a huge bump (i don't know what do you call it, but it's red and big), and i'm supposed to go see my soon-to-be grandparents-in-law in a few days at California. Mad Mad Sad Sad

Oh, poor, don't worry. Do you have teatree oil? It helps the bump to go away faster. I am waiting for my Dr H conditioner for sensitive skin. I will post results after I use it.

Good luck yuki Smile
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
j0g6345 wrote:
yuki wrote:
j0g6345 wrote:
yuki wrote:

Oh, poor, don't worry. Do you have teatree oil? It helps the bump to go away faster. I am waiting for my Dr H conditioner for sensitive skin. I will post results after I use it.

Good luck yuki Smile

thank you, i do have a tea oil, but it was from my aunt long long time ago when i visited China, and i'm not sure how it was processed, never used it but somehow still in my cabinet Laughing Laughing

But i have plenty of japanese green tea, and i'm brewing some as i type, so i will drink tons of green tea in the next few days, and i think i'll use jojoba oil,(i did last night)
Hope that'll work, hope something i do is correct and can make it go away Pray Pray Pray

Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |