Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

priori
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I can't keep with all the EDS additions...I love it. Now we have Priori..never heard of it. Do we like it?
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like an interesting line. Patiently waiting for reviews Think Think Think

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:06 pm      Reply with quote
Priori is exactly the same as True Cosmetics- the core products anyway. E.g True Radiance = Priori Eventone and True Youth Revealing Complex = Priori Smooth Lines and the eye serums are the same. Even the professional use only is the same with the lactic acid peel with idebenone.

Priori is owned by an Aussie company True-Solutions. While True Cosmetics is a US company.

If you buy True Cosmetics and check the ingredient list, it's exactly the same as Priori as far as the Idebenone line goes. This is because both brands are made by Allergan which has the patent for the idebenone and the formulations are private labelled out. So if you don't mind paying extra for Priori for the same thing that's none of my business. Wink I guess the fact that Priori is made in USA anyway explains the cheaper prices on Essentialdayspa as opposed to what we have to pay back at home in AUstralia- like 30-40% more!! Laughing

I have noticed though that the maintenance line from Priori and True Cosmetics are abit different. True seems to have a wider range for various skin types whereas Priori only seems to have an anti-aging line for mature skin type. I was interested in Priori Moisturizer with Idebenone but it doesn't state how active the ingredients and when I asked the company they couldn't tell me either. Sad So if this stuff doesn't have at least 0.5% idebenone (level at which it is effective) then I ain't purchasing. Not talking
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
Priori is exactly the same as True Cosmetics- the core products anyway. E.g True Radiance = Priori Eventone and True Smoothing = Priori Smoothing Complex and the eye serums are the same. Even the professional use only is the same with the lactic acid peel with idebenone.

Priori is owned by an Aussie company True-Solutions. While True Cosmetics is a US company.

If you buy True Cosmetics and check the ingredient list, it's exactly the same as Priori as far as the Idebenone line goes. This is because both brands are made by Allergan which has the patent for the idebenone and the formulations are private labelled out. So if you don't mind paying extra for Priori for the same thing that's none of my business. Wink

I have noticed though that the maintenance line from Priori and True Cosmetics are abit different. True seems to have a wider range for various skin types whereas Priori only seems to have an anti-aging line for mature skin type. I was interested in Priori Moisturizer with Idebenone but it doesn't state how active the ingredients and when I asked the company they couldn't tell me either. Sad So if this stuff doesn't have at least 0.5% idebenone (level at which it is effective) then I ain't purchasing. Not talking

Think Think Think I didn't like True Cosmetic's idebenone skincare.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just think it's funny that you lot in the States will be paying less for what the Aussie company charges us in Australia! Laughing I thought it should be the other way around! Very Happy
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for responding Liza..I was starting to get the 'itch' but I've used prevage with 1% and, although it does have it's benefits, certainly does does live up to the hype....so if that's the only ingredient that's Priori's only claim to fame, then I'll pass....
LizaA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:24 pm      Reply with quote
Here's the ingredient list for Priori and True:

Priori Eventone:
Purified water, sodium lactate (and) lactic acid, glycerin, sucrose cocoate, glyceryl stearate (and) PEG-100 stearate, isohexadecane, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, sorbitan stearate, steareth-2, magnesium aluminium silicate, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, butylene glycol, titanium dioxide, methyl dihydroxybenzoate (methyl gentisate), hydroxydecyl ubiquinone (idebenone), retinol, tocopherol, licorice root extract, mulberry leaf extract, green tea leaf extract, grape extract, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, BHT, bisabolol, allantoin glycyrrhetinic acid, dimethicone, polysorbate 20, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, xanthan gum, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, disodium EDTA, propylene glycol, styere acrylates copolymer, hydrolyzed corn starch, ammonium hydroxide, diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben.

True Radiance Revealing Complex:
Purified Water (Aqua), Sodium Lactate (and) Lactic Acid, Glycerin, Sucrose Cocoate, Glyceryl Stearate (and) PEG-100 Stearate, Isohexadecane, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sorbitan Stearate, Steareth-2, Polysorbate 20, PEG-60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Butylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Methyl Dihydroxybenzoate, Hydroxydecyl Ubiquinone (Idebenone), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice Root Extract), Morus Nigra (Mulbuerry Fruit Extract), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea Leaf Extract), Vitis Vinifera (Grape Extract), Retinol, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), BHT, Bisabolol, Allantoin, Glycyrrhetinic Acid, Dimethicone, Polyacrylamide (and) C13-14 Isoparaffin (and) Laureth-7, Ceteareth-20, PEG-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, Xanthan Gum, Cetyl Hydroxyethycellulose, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Propylene Glycol Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Ammonium Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben.

Priori Smooth Lines:
Purified water, glycerin, cetyl ricinoleate, isohexadecane, ceresin, glyceryl stearate, isopropyl lauroyl sarcosinate, sericin, dimethicone, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, steareth-2, sodium PCA, PEG-100 stearate, titanium dioxide, hydroxydecyl ubiquinone (idebenone), cholesterol, ceramide III, linoleic acid (and) linolenic acid, (and) tocopherol, millet extract, glycosaminoglycans, BHT, propylene glycol, styrene acrylates copolymer, hydrolyzed corn starch, ammonium hydroxide, PEG-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, cetyl hydroxyethylcellulose, xanthan gum, magnesium aluminium silicate, disodium EDTA, diazolidinyl urea, phenoxyethanol, methylparaben, ethylparaben, butylparaben, propylparaben

True Youth Revealing Complex:
Purified Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetyl Ricinoleate, Isohexadecane, Ceresin, Glyceryl Stearate, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Sericin, Dimethicone, PEG-60, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Steareth-2, Sodium PCA, PEG-100 Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, (C177891), Hydroydecyl Ubiquinone,(Idebenone), Cholesterol, Ceramide III, Linoleic Acid (and) Linolenic Acid (and) Tocopherol(Vitamin E), Millet (Paniceum Miliaceum) Extract, Glycosaminoglycans, BHT, Propelene Glycol, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Ammonium Hydroxide, PEG-30, Dipolyhydroxystearate, Cetyl Hydroyethylcellulose, Xanthan Gum, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl, Urea, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben.

True I-Lift Contour:
Water (Aqua), Sodium Lactate, Isopropyl Lauroyl Sarcosinate, PPG-3 Benzyl Ether Myristate, Algae Extract, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Glycerin, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-3, Glycerine, Lactic Acid, Decene/Butene Copolymer, Caffeine, Hydroxydecyl Ubiquinone (Idebenone), Retinol, Carrageenana (Chondrus Crispus), Phenyltrimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phospholipids, Dimethiconol, Xanthan Gum, Glucose, Aluminum Hydroxide, Hydrated Silica, Alginic Acid, Iron Oxides (CI 77489), Silica, Sodium Polyacrylate, PVM/MA Copolymer, Cetearyl Olivate, Sorbitan Olivate, C20-22 Alkyl Phosphate, C20-22 Alcohols, Polysorbate 20, Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Isohexadecane, Polysorbate 80, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben.

Priori Eye Serum:
Key ingredients: Idebenone 0.5%, A2 complex (Lactic compound 12%, Vitamin A 0.15%), Glycerin, Algae extract, interference pearls, caffine, pamitoyl tripeptide-3.

I think Essentialdayspa has the entire ingredient list for the Priori Eye Serum.

Ingredient lists sourced fromwww.adorebeauty.com.au andwww.beautybridge.com
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
LizaA wrote:
I was interested in Priori Moisturizer with Idebenone but it doesn't state how active the ingredients and when I asked the company they couldn't tell me either. Sad So if this stuff doesn't have at least 0.5% idebenone (level at which it is effective) then I ain't purchasing. Not talking

I remember the same thing when Vichy came out with their Vit. C line. I e-mailed and asked how much was in the line and they told me is was basically a secret. People are more savy about ingredients than the cosmetic companies give them credit for. If they don't tell I don't buy.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Idebenone is the synthetic analog of Coenzyme Q10. They both dissolve very easily in a face cream or body lotion or just plain carrier oil.

If these beauty companies won't give you answers, you can just buy a few grams of the Idebenone or Coenzyme Q10 quite cheaply from a few reputable online companies and add it to your own cream. It's as easy as sprinkle and stir. Be warned - they will turn your cream yellowy-orange, but it does not colour your skin at all and that way you know you have a decent amount of the ingredient in your skincare, for a fraction of the full retail price.
Mabsy

Wed Feb 21, 2007 2:28 am      Reply with quote
Yay, go Aussie!!! Not that I know if these products are good, but I have heard of them and would like to try the Even Tone. Those mini kits look good! Very Happy

I really wish EDS would get Kosmea as well. They make some very nice stuff!

5% products discount

Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
I used the priori Idebenone range and it did wonders for my skin. It was an easy routine but my only concern was that the smooth lines doesn't seem to spread very far (well for heavy handed me that is) The range did give me a healthy glow and seemed to just smooth it out nicely. My skin looked good and balanced and didn't need make up. Because I went through the product pretty fast and it IS very expensive in Australia, I didn't continue. I have to say I loved the cleanser (it lasted a very long time).

I moved onto the Dermalogica Age smart range and surprisingly it was also great, so I used that as my basic range for a while.

Ironically, my plastic surgeon (I had a small operation on my chin) doesn't recommend any of these lines. He says only use Cosmedix and other cosmedical products, like Obagi. He says Priori is the same as any other 'beauty' product range out there, they go for the surface look and feel rather than addressing the REAL or underlying issues.

Well I went in to a beauty salon yesterday to start a series of Omnilux revive sessions and the package includes some peels. They said I HAD to get the priori range and use it beforehand so I'm back on Priori now Laughing. Using the advanced AHA range... I'll post updates after using it for a while Anxious .

Oh my, I just checked the prices here at EDS and I could have saved a BUCKET of money buying the Priori here!!

Cheers
Kat
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:10 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone used the Priori Coffeeberry range? I am curious what kind of results, if any, people are getting. Or is it just for prevention of aging?
Katstrut
5% products discount

Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:04 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
Has anyone used the Priori Coffeeberry range? I am curious what kind of results, if any, people are getting. Or is it just for prevention of aging?

Hi Amonavis,

Hopefully someone who has experienced the coffeeberry at home regime will pipe up but in the meantime I'll tell you about my salon experience.

I had the coffeeberry peel with an omnilux revive treatment yesterday. It felt quite 'active' on my skin but not too strong. I came out looking very bright and clear and the combo minimised my freckles. I believe the coffeeberry products brighten the skin. I know the omnilux is good but I think it was the coffeeberry peel that made my face shine so bright.

I like the look and feel of the priori products on my skin and my skin responds well to them (I have the fussiest skin - not any old product will do for me) Rolling Eyes. Don't know if that helps at all.

Cheers
Kat wave
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:50 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:

I have used the CoffeeBerry Facial Brightening Complex. It does brighten up the face and I think it is a good antioxidant. Suitable as an alternative to vit. C serum. I am not sure about specific action on pigmented spots though. I don't have any bad pigmented spots for "testing" it on.
Katstrut
5% products discount

Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:57 am      Reply with quote
m1rox wrote:
amonavis wrote:

I have used the CoffeeBerry Facial Brightening Complex. It does brighten up the face and I think it is a good antioxidant. Suitable as an alternative to vit. C serum. I am not sure about specific action on pigmented spots though. I don't have any bad pigmented spots for "testing" it on.

Actually I should clarify the point I made about my freckles. I don't have dark freckles on my face they are quite faded anyway but my overall skintone was significantly brighter, clearer and very even after the session.

Cheers
Kathy
amonavis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses. I think I will give the Priori nightcream a try. I dont have any room in my day time routine but there is a current vacancy for a night cream over my Tazorac Bad Grin
m1rox
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 19, 2010 5:12 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:
Thanks for the responses. I think I will give the Priori nightcream a try. I dont have any room in my day time routine but there is a current vacancy for a night cream over my Tazorac Bad Grin

Yes, I used it as a night cream over Tazorac gel, actually.
Katstrut
5% products discount

Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
amonavis wrote:

Good luck with that vacancy Amonavis and keep us posted. Laughing

I'm not as happy with the AHA as I was with the Idebenone range in terms of giving my skin that instant lift etc. But alas I am too impatient. It had not been one week yet! Darn girl, give it time Rolling Eyes LOL

I will provide a proper update in a few weeks.

Cheers
Kat
Jesselyn
5% products discount

Sun May 16, 2010 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Katstrut wrote:
amonavis wrote:

Good luck with that vacancy Amonavis and keep us posted. Laughing

I'm not as happy with the AHA as I was with the Idebenone range in terms of giving my skin that instant lift etc. But alas I am too impatient. It had not been one week yet! Darn girl, give it time Rolling Eyes LOL

I will provide a proper update in a few weeks.

Cheers
Kat

Katstrut, could you give an update on this? Thanks!
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:57 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if anyone has tried the Priori smoothing eye serum?

I had a sample envelope of it that I liked, I could feel a little tightening, and either from the tightening or something in the forumula (or perhaps both) I noticed that when I used it the concealer I use to disguise the dark undereye shadows really stayed put. (normally, as the day wears on some would migrate into my undereye crease and form a line there.)

I'm hoping someone will have more long-term feedback... I'm hoping for something that reduces dark circles and/or milia. My initial impressions of the product are good, but $60 seems a little pricy for a product if its only function is as an undereye makeup primer.
rebadiva

Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:17 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered my Priori products. I can't wait to try them since I have been waiting for them for a while now. I wanted to do some research on more natural and organic skin care lines before I made my decision to try Priori. I got the day and night cream, eye serum and anti aging serum. I have only tried a few samples but they feel best on my skin. Any thoughts from other users?
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:48 am      Reply with quote
The Priori Coffeeberry mineral m/u was reviewed in the very newest Allure magazine. The mmu seemed to really help with skin tone, fine lines, etc.

I'm thinking of trying the foundation. Anyone with experience with their m/u line? I already use Cellbone vitamin Cie serum (with idebenone and vit e) so was looking to add this mostly for the antioxidant benefits of coffeeberry, but if it is actually antiaging as well that's a bonus!

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I used the Priori Night Cream with Coffeeberry. While I do like it, I prefer the Revaleskin Intense Serum (with coffee berry). The Revale skin isn't anywhere near as natural, but I do find Revaleskin working to diminish the redness I get occasionally. I didn't see much of a difference with Priori

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 02, 2010 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:
The Priori Coffeeberry mineral m/u was reviewed in the very newest Allure magazine. The mmu seemed to really help with skin tone, fine lines, etc.

I'm thinking of trying the foundation. Anyone with experience with their m/u line? I already use Cellbone vitamin Cie serum (with idebenone and vit e) so was looking to add this mostly for the antioxidant benefits of coffeeberry, but if it is actually antiaging as well that's a bonus!

I ordered the perfecting foundations, perfecting concealer and the finishing touch makeup after reading the allure article. I ordered from amazon and the products were shipped separately, so the only thing I've gotten so far is the concealer.

It is a weird pinkish/white, almost chalky look on my skin by itself. I'm really hoping when I dust the foundation and finishing powder on top, it will have a more natural look. Until I get those products, I've got to go back to my Eve Pearl concealer!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Loribar. I think I might try the foundation when I run out of my Physician's Formula mmu. (I know it's cheap, but I get so many compliments when I wear this foundation!)

46, curly dk blonde hair, fair, blue eyes, very oily T-zone. HGs: Tazorac .05% gel; Avene/Bioderma s/s (very high spf AND ppd); Cellbone vit Cie 20%; Cellbone Hyperpeptides; IFP 5% bha/10% aha; Obagi Clear; 'curly girl' method (no poo, just co wash) for my 3b curls.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:11 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |