Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's your favorite Ethnic food?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Can you teach me how to make them? Please pretty pleaseeeeeee Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

No. It's a trade secret.

j/k Laughing

I just throw 4oz plain flour, a pinch of salt, 2 eggs and half a pint of milk (or substitute up to half of that amount with water for a lighter version - if you're very adventurous, you might want to try lemonade like my aunt, or maybe sparkling water would do the trick) into a bowl and give it a really good beating until it's smooth and well aerated.

Then I leave the mixture for around half an hour. I have absolutely no idea why. It's just something you do with Yorkshire pudding batter, apparently. Probably something sciencey.

Meanwhile, you want to heat up your oven so it's nice and hot (200 C). I use a Yorkshire pudding tray, but a muffin tray would do nicely. You put a small amount of lard or beef dripping into each hole in the tray - about half the size of one of my thumbnails' worth. Then the baking tray goes into the oven until the fat is really, really hot. Make sure of this or you won't have as much success with the rising.

When the fat is ready, give the batter another good beating, then quickly take the tray out of the oven and pour the batter into each hole, almost filling them. Once again, as quickly as poss, so the fat doesn't cool down, replace the tray into the oven.

Mine usually take around 30 mins to cook, but just keep checking on them if you have a window in your oven. Try and be sure not to open the oven door beforehand unless it's a dire emergency, like the world's about to come to an end or something. (Although why you'd want to bother checking your Yorkshires if the world was ending, I do not know.)

Finally, enjoy your lovely Yorkshires with plenty of gravy and stuff.

You can also cook sausages in the oven in a big dish with a little fat to brown them, then pour over Yorkshire pudding batter and bake in the oven until brown and risen. This is called Toad in the Hole and is absolutely gorgeous.

LMAO

I don't want to appear rude majorb but are you on new medication because all of your posts lately have made me laugh. I am sure you have always had this humorous side but you have obviously upped the anti lately. Not sure if it is your intention but you are mekkin me laugh more n GG does. Although she frequently makes me cry as well.

Back to topic.
I love beef stew & DUMPLINGS.
Roasty dinner with YORKSHIRES.
bangers & mash & onion gravy.
Spaghetti bollocksnese.
99% of chinese food.
most other food, specially puddings. I love treacle sponge pudding & custard.
pavlova
meringue
fruit crumbles
fresh fruit salad.
christmas pudding.

I have probably missed loads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
OOh, great topic,

I love....

Thai
Indian
Chinese..really anything spicy Very Happy

Thu Feb 22, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
OK, so now I'm hungry.

I love Mexican & Tex-Mex, particularly Quesedillas.

Greek dishes made with lamb are great. I looove Gyros. But they are so much better in Greece! They don't use the pre-mixed & processed chunk of meat there, they use a lovely stack of different meats, lamb, beef, and chicken I think, with a hunk of lamb fat on top that melts & runs down the outside, leaving yummy crispy edges.

All the talk of Yorkshire pudding is too much! Are they anything like Popovers? If so, I think I'd love them.

Is the toad in the hole dish made by pouring the batter over the sausages, or removing the sausages first? Sausages are my favorite food, so I have to try this!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
the batter is poured over the sausages & then cooked. OOh Exclamation it is so yummy. You made me drool talking about lamb.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
I also love and make Yorkshire pudding. My favorite ethnic food though is a Morrocan Chicken pie made with almonds and filo dough called Patista. It is great for when you have people over because it can mostly be made the day before.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
the batter is poured over the sausages & then cooked. OOh Exclamation it is so yummy. You made me drool talking about lamb.

Yes, and you can add chunks of veg, like red onion, celery, carrots or parsnips in with the sausages to roast for a while before pouring over the batter. And I sometimes add some chopped fresh herbs to the batter.

Aw, man, I've just made the most amazing steak and ale pie tonight. If I hadn't stuffed myself so full almost to the point of throwing up, I'd be drooling right now, this very minute.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
I don't want to appear rude majorb but are you on new medication because all of your posts lately have made me laugh. I am sure you have always had this humorous side but you have obviously upped the anti lately. Not sure if it is your intention but you are mekkin me laugh more n GG does. Although she frequently makes me cry as well.

I blame you lot for sparking me off. I usually go around like a funeral director with haemorrhoids who's swallowed a wasp.

Anyway, this spaghetti bollocksnese. I assume that's with meatballs, then.
Molly
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hakka
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:46 pm      Reply with quote
I love Persian food.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
majorb,

Thanks for the recipe. I sure will give that a try Smile

Man, all this talk about food is making me so hungry and I only just woke up. Smile Mmmm....a nice big fry up would be very nice at the moment, but I'll skip black pudding...yuck!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I forgot I also love apple pancakes made as for yorkshire pudding. you dice and sugae apples in an iron frying pan. Pour in Yorkshire pudding batter (1egg/1/3cflour/1/3cmilk) amount depending on the size of the pan. It's great morning Yorkshire pudding.
Cesce
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="majorb"

Anyway, this spaghetti bollocksnese. I assume that's with meatballs, then.[/quote]

Ha!

Easier to list what I don't like: seafood, tripe (aaaak!) undercooked meat. Italian is my very favourite but I love chilli and curry.

edited to say: why don't my quotes come in neat boxes? I get the [quote=:[/quote] stuff...

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
Malaysian, because I'm from Malaysia!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:51 am      Reply with quote
Majorb,

I thought that was you 'on smile at a stranger day' with the big placard that said 'down with happiness'. I was the other lady marching with you with the big banner that said 'don't smile at me cos I'll deck you'. I also kick puppies & small children Laughing

Nah! bolocknese in our house is just straight bolognese but for some reason we just call it spag bollocks in our house. I was just giving it full title so as not to confuse anyone.
Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
loopylori wrote:
Majorb,

I thought that was you 'on smile at a stranger day' with the big placard that said 'down with happiness'. I was the other lady marching with you with the big banner that said 'don't smile at me cos I'll deck you'. I also kick puppies & small children Laughing

Nah! bolocknese in our house is just straight bolognese but for some reason we just call it spag bollocks in our house. I was just giving it full title so as not to confuse anyone.
Embarassed

Anytime you want to join me in a spot of pretending-to-help-old-ladies-across-the-road-but-actually-leaving-them-in-the-middle-and-running-away-whilst-laughing-manically, just let me know.

I also train very young children to be Ninja assassins. Doesn't go down too well with their parents, but you can't please everyone, can you?

I do love your name for spag bol and, if you don't mind, I'm going to half-inch it. (Actually, I'll still nick it, even if you do mind.) Laughing
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:
loopylori wrote:
Majorb,

Embarassed

Anytime you want to join me in a spot of pretending-to-help-old-ladies-across-the-road-but-actually-leaving-them-in-the-middle-and-running-away-whilst-laughing-manically, just let me know.

I also train very young children to be Ninja assassins. Doesn't go down too well with their parents, but you can't please everyone, can you?

I do love your name for spag bol and, if you don't mind, I'm going to half-inch it. (Actually, I'll still nick it, even if you do mind.) Laughing

Nick away I don't mind sharing with you, I like your style. Dancing

My favourite game is slipping tagged goods into other peoples shopping bags & prams. Then seeing their faces when the store detective nabs them. Never fails to cheer me up if I am a bit depressed seeing those peeps being dragged off to the managers office. If I have time I like to stay & watch the police arrive & take them away in handcuffs.
Shhh

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
i love food!

chinese: almost anything and everything except for "chao daofu" the smelly tofu.
Indian: Roti Prata, Chicken Curry
Malays: Satay
Japanese: Sashimi
Western: Fish & Chip, spaghetti, oreo cheese-cake

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
fave food:
japanese raw fish (i.e. tuna belly tops the list)
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |