Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What do you, and your significant other do for a living?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
I ask innocently, because it would be interesting to see where they get their income from since a lot of people on here seem really rich! (seeing as to how much they spend on beauty products alone hehe) Smile What do you do for a living, as well as your husband/wife? If you don't mind answering of course Smile

Me personally, I don't have a wife, and am a full time student for now Smile So I'm still a young one in college
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Fun thread! I'm a full time student with a part time job at a real estate marketing firm. SO is a 3D animator with Disney. I'm happy as long as I can afford my IS Clinical, EpidermxII and makeup habit on a regular basis. Laughing
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
University student. I'm engaged to one too. LOL!
(Going to be finished this year with a Bachelor of Science.)
As far as the money, it comes from my parents which is how I'm able to afford what I'm able to afford.
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a property tax arbitrator/real estate agent and my dh is an architectural designer. I've also gotten into alot of DIY skincare so I don't spend alot of $$$. I feel like I get better products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
dalguy wrote:
... As far as the money, it comes from my parents which is how I'm able to afford what I'm able to afford.

Would your parents like another daughter? I'm up for adoption. Most people want an infant, and I admit to being older than that, but in the plus column is the fact that I'm already house broken! I'm also quiet, have a really sunny disposition, am easy to get along with and have already finished university so there's no extra tuition to pay!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
A thread like this was actually started a while ago. You might want to check it out here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14946&highlight=job+living

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl: LOL! I'm sure as long as you've had all your shots they'd take you right in.
In fact...with no tuition to pay...they'd probably switch us out right then and there!
LOL Wink
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
A thread like this was actually started a while ago. You might want to check it out here:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14946&highlight=job+living

Thanks for that Smile I tried searching, I guess I was being too specific in the search before I made the thread Smile
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
dalguy wrote:
... As far as the money, it comes from my parents which is how I'm able to afford what I'm able to afford.

Would your parents like another daughter? I'm up for adoption. Most people want an infant, and I admit to being older than that, but in the plus column is the fact that I'm already house broken! I'm also quiet, have a really sunny disposition, am easy to get along with and have already finished university so there's no extra tuition to pay!

Haha! +1 for adoption Smile Do your parents want a son Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I actually asked this question too on another thread: "Is everyone on EDS either rich or very rich?" LOL It does seem everyone has too much money to try so many expensive skincare products. I saw each product offered, and it was like $50+. I'm not rich, and I try samples first. Now I am in to do-it-yourself b/c I can't afford the real deals.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:37 am      Reply with quote
He's a photographer and I'm his muse. We are passion rich but cash poor Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:46 am      Reply with quote
I'm a club manager and my boyfriend is a teacher. I used to get my money from my parents for skincare products and makeup. Since I'm earning my own money now I'm only buying what I really need! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
My hubby is a real estate inspector and we have our own business that I have been running from home for 24 years. We also flip houses sometimes for fun. I am a retired pediatric psychotherapist but now I just deal with the tantrums of real estate people (not to offend any). We support a son who is in college full time and doesn't work (plus pay for him to date as it keeps him out of our hair), so my skin care is cheap compared to his habits! Laughing Although I should add, he uses IS Clinical too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I am an accountant for a salmon farming company, sounds so boring lol. Up until a few months ago I also owned my own gym. I love my job and it was never an option to give it up to be at the gym full time.

Working full time and owning my own business was a lot to handle. One of my members asked me to sell it to her and I took the opportunity. I miss having the gym and the chance it gave me to socialize but otherwise have no regrets.

My husband is a picker operator in western Canada for six months of the year . He comes home and flaunts being semi retired and teases me to take time off to play with him.

I really dont spend a lot of money on potions and creams instead I stick to what has been recommended to me by derms and ps's.

Sorry I rambled .

Sherri
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, just wanted to let you know, I would never yell at a real estate inspector. They have always been very nice and taken a great deal of time to explain things so that I could explain those things to my clients. Inspectors are an important part of the purchasing process.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:49 am      Reply with quote
My husband is a Phyciatrist specializing in the addictive, compulsive personality. I am his lovely subject and spender of his money. Cool

Several long time forum members actually know, and are (on line) patients of my DH.
LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Winnie, I'm not a long time member of the forum, but I definitely qualify as a patient!!!Great reply...too funny. Laughing
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
Winnie wrote:
My husband is a Phyciatrist specializing in the addictive, compulsive personality. I am his lovely subject and spender of his money. Cool

Several long time forum members actually know, and are (on line) patients of my DH.

Winnie,
My SO do think I might need some professional help regarding my compulsive spending behaviour Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Winnie wrote:

Winnie,
My SO do think I might need some professional help regarding my compulsive spending behaviour Rolling Eyes

So does my boyfriend. He thinks I'm addicted to online shopping (only because it's so hard to get the products from the brands I want). I told him no way. He said it's the first sign of * spam alert *...being in denial!!! Ain't my boyfriend sweet?!?! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Salli-Thank you for that. I always tease my father-in-law about realtors, he's been in the business 40+ years. People can sometimes take criticism of their house so personal. Or if a deal comes apart, it's always OUR fault (it sort of is if we find too much wrong with a house). We could tell some stories! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:50 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, I like to encourage my sellers to get the house inspected prior to putting it on the market prevents alot of headaches. When I'm representing a buyer, I ALWAYS insist that they have an inspection so that they know what they are getting. Sometimes deals don't work because of problems that come up during inspection - not the inspectors fault.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Salli-we need more like you! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am a programmer and I don't have a "significant other" yet! ( I do hope he earns alot lo!)
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I am a women's golfwear designer
vzeider
5% products discount

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have 2 jobs.
5am-10am-exercise racehorses.
11am-5pm-work at a marketing firm

Boyfriend trains racehorses and that is a 5am-5pm 365 days/year type of job. No rest for the wicked.....
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |