Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Would you all agree that PSF & ISClinical Are the Most P
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:39 am      Reply with quote
It seems to me after reading through quite a few threads that the most popular skin care products are PSF and ISC. Would you all agree?
And would you please post something if you don't like these 2 skin care lines?

Thanks so much.

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
I love these two lines. Both lines deliver good results and the prices are worth it. I love everything I have tried from PSF. I wasn't too crazy about IS Clinical's HyrdaCool because I think it caused breakout on me. I prefer other products with HA.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
Most popular where, Patty? Here on EDS? Actually I'm not sure that it's true about either line. I think each line has its devotees. Candessence is increasingly popular as the products are all both luxurious and effective. Alot of EDS'ers swear by Dr. H and I know that many use cp's. I'm not sure you can get an accurate assessment across the board.

Probably better to look at it by age group. I also think you'd have to ask about eye products as a separate category. I am probably the biggest ISC fan here, but I found there eye products to be totally unremarkable. I didn't even finish the jar. I threw it in my travel bag and use it as a back up.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:28 pm      Reply with quote
I love ISC! I use the Super Serum & Active Serum everyday. I also use the Hydrocool. If it weren't for EDS I'd never have found ISC.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yes Katee, on this forum. And I know you love ISC. I'm still surprised that more people don't mention Jan Marini, unless it's because they've tried it and didn't like it. I've used Obagi and SkinCeuticals and BioMedic and it wasn't until I started using JM that I saw a real difference in my skin. It's amazing. I loved the Age Intervention Eye Cream until I had an allergic reaction to it. Now I'm trying out the C-Esta Eye Repair Concentrate and I'm mixing it with ISC Eye Gel and Eye Cream. So if something helps, I guess I won't know which one actually helped.

Katee, have you found an eye cream that lifts, moisturizes and firms?

Coleen, I think I will get a few of the ISC Products to resell from my office. I know I definitely want the Active. Which other products by ISC do you all think are must haves?

I'm also interested in carrying the Cranberry Eye Lift by PSF.

Also Lumiere M.M.

This board is invaluable to a new business owner and I thank you ladies so much. Any help you can give me is much appreciated.

One more thing. Should I check into Candescence (sp?) products?

Patty

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I layer eye products Patty, mainly cause I've yet to find one that does it all. I like the I Bright from skinactives, but I don't think they do wholesale sales. I use that along with my own eye potion (at night) plus SC retinol, Remergent Microcirc., and DMAE.

I would definitely talk to Candy about carrying some of her stuff. I know that there are one or two spas that she already supplies. Her Triple C is unbeatable and as you know, her other products get raves as well. I would think that, since her products are not widely available in commercial outlets, they'd be a major boost to your business!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Patty,
I have Candy's triple c and it is great. I would also check out I Feel Pretty products as well. Her prices are incredible and her service is top of the line. Your packages come wrapped prettily and the shipping is incredibly fast. I have her Rejuvenating Serum that is WONDERFUL and her bha/aha formulation. Her DMAE is sold in several strengths and are very reasonable plus you get 4 ounces. Highly, HIGHLY recommended.

k
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
I love these two lines. Both lines deliver good results and the prices are worth it. I love everything I have tried from PSF. I wasn't too crazy about IS Clinical's HyrdaCool because I think it caused breakout on me. I prefer other products with HA.

Have you tried PSF Vit C 20%? I've tried the 12% one and it went off in a bit over a month and I'm thinking about buying a new one in 20%, but I'm not sure if I should get PSF or Vivier. There's such a big difference in price.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

Have you tried PSF Vit C 20%? I've tried the 12% one and it went off in a bit over a month and I'm thinking about buying a new one in 20%, but I'm not sure if I should get PSF or Vivier. There's such a big difference in price.

If you have dry skin Vivier might be a better choice for you. I adore the texture of Vivier, it has a slip and it takes a little bit to be completely absorbed but never oily. It also has a very nice orangy cirtus smell and the formula is pretty stable. It doesn't go bad after months of use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:12 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

If you have dry skin Vivier might be a better choice for you. I adore the texture of Vivier, it has a slip and it takes a little bit to be completely absorbed but never oily. It also has a very nice orangy cirtus smell and the formula is pretty stable. It doesn't go bad after months of use.

Thanks! I've been thinking about getting Vivier as I've already tried PSF. It's such a shame it's so much more expensive. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

Thanks! I've been thinking about getting Vivier as I've already tried PSF. It's such a shame it's so much more expensive. Sad

Well, since Vivier doesn't go bad easily then maybe its worth the money. Better than throwing away unstable c-products.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:
lynn2525 wrote:
Wild Cat wrote:

Well, since Vivier doesn't go bad easily then maybe its worth the money. Better than throwing away unstable c-products.

That's very true. I was not even half way through my PSF vit c when I had to throw it out. How many drops do you use each time?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
About four drops can easily cover my whole face. I think its more worth it than Cellex-C or Skinceutical, or maybe PSF IMO.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Patty wrote:
It seems to me after reading through quite a few threads that the most popular skin care products are PSF and ISC. Would you all agree?
And would you please post something if you don't like these 2 skin care lines?

Thanks so much.

Patty

It's interesting that you came to that conclusion, because that's exactly what I thought when I first came to EDS and read tons of threads - the first (and so far only) products I've ordered from EDS have been from PSF and ISC. I based my decision on the percentage of good reviews per product - most other "popular" products rec'd more mixed responses. But of course there are some other very popular brandnames being used around here. Sometimes I find there is a distinct contradiction between product reviews and the threads where people list their favourite/can't live without/will repurchase/has made the most positive difference products, ie. you will see tons of raves for certain items but they don't appear on those lists and vice versa. It's also important to take into account that some people have been here for a long time and may not participate in product reviews as much, but will list their favs.

Also I was attracted to PSF and ISC because I don't have problematic skin, and some products/approaches just don't interest me.

Oh and, I like PSF and have reordered some items. ISC is a little too pricey and IMO I can get results from cheaper alternatives, but it does take more work - doesn't mean that ISC doesn't deliver, many testimonies to that!
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
I don't think there is anything clearcut. Actually when I first joined, if anything I'd have thought it was Dr H which was super popular. Or DIY!

Until recently, I just used EDS to order the range I'd been using before, Peter Thomas Roth except for the odd other thing. I have only just got round to using PSF products and they are fantastic! They work effectively, are very pure and don't cost a fortune. I am very pleased with them. I have had a few samples of ISC but they don't do anything special for me so I would not spend the $s.
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
I wouldn't agree since I don't use products from either line. My most frequently used products come from Cellular Skin Rx, LaRochePosay (sunscreen), thepersonalformulator.com (peels), and Elizabeth Arden (8-hour cream - cannot live without it!). But I'm mid-40's so maybe those lines are for younger folks?
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:08 pm      Reply with quote
You know, you're opinions and experience are really helping me. I'm exploring the possibility of keeping all of the JM Line. Some of the ISC favorites. I'm going to talk to Kim at I Feel Pretty and I think I want to get the Lumiere Line of M.M. Now, for an effective, not as expensive as ISC and JM, what would ya'll suggest? PSF? The only problem with carrying a less expensive line is I can't sell what I know is inferior to the other two lines. I know some of you don't think PSF is, but that is kinda the idea I've gotten from reading the different posts.

Please offer your opinions. If you think PSF has some products that are just as great, or better than ISC or JM, please let me know.

Hope I'm not being a nuisance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:20 pm      Reply with quote
Although I liked some PSF products, I did not reorder. The Berry Beneficial Serum is very nice, though. Still, I did not reorder. I was just never sure if the products were doing anything for me, although I liked how they felt.

I have not tried ISC.

I LOVE Candessence. LOVE. Pure and lovely, and I've tried many of her products. Definite reorders.

Lumiere is my favorite MMU. Great stuff.

NaturDerm has some nice products.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
I really like most PSF products I have tried and am currently using the line in my primary facial care, but I have had their products go bad on me after a relatively short period of time (PSF 20% C in 2 months [changed color], R&R Toner in 3 weeks! [got wierd floaty tendrils in it, looked like webs or jelly fish], Pumpkin Mask in a month [molded--yuck!], and Stimucoll Eye in 6 weeks [changed color]). I now keep my PSF in the fridge. If I were a distributor, I would be concerned about the necessity of storing it in a cold, dry environment and turning it around fast enough.

Patty wrote:
You know, you're opinions and experience are really helping me. I'm exploring the possibility of keeping all of the JM Line. Some of the ISC favorites. I'm going to talk to Kim at I Feel Pretty and I think I want to get the Lumiere Line of M.M. Now, for an effective, not as expensive as ISC and JM, what would ya'll suggest? PSF? The only problem with carrying a less expensive line is I can't sell what I know is inferior to the other two lines. I know some of you don't think PSF is, but that is kinda the idea I've gotten from reading the different posts.

Please offer your opinions. If you think PSF has some products that are just as great, or better than ISC or JM, please let me know.

Hope I'm not being a nuisance.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine, where are you buying your PSF products...?! Is it EDS?!

All my products have been fine, I've had my pumpkin mask for a few months although I am scrupulous of using with a spatula and disinfecting spatula before and after use. But now you've said that I'm wondering whether I should replace it!
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
I had a bottle of the PSF 20% vitamin c and it lasted ages and didn't change colour at all.
daisylondon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:37 am      Reply with quote
My Vit C seems absolutely fine too. Had it a month or two. All bought from EDS.

Just got some samples of other products from the PSF website and how lovely they are. Will be ordering most of them in my next EDS order!
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:44 am      Reply with quote
Does PSF not put an expiration date on their product containers? I think this should be mandatory for companies that distribute these kinds of products.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Of the stuff that has gone bad on me: I got the pumpkin mask, stimucoll, and Vit C directly from PSF. I got the toner from EDS. When most of it went bad, it was during the summer, and my bathroom is relatively warm then and that's where I was keeping it. I was keeping the toner at my desk at work, and my office is unfortunately very warm in the winter. After I complained here about my PSF going bad, someone at EDS forum suggested keeping the stuff in the fridge, so that's what I do now.

I think PSF is to blame for a few reasons: First, I think they do not use a lot of preservatives (which I actually think is a good thing). Second, some of their packaging is not all that great (clear plastic for the stimucoll allows light to enter, the seal was not great on the Vit C dropper so air got in, etc.). Third, they do not put expiration dates on their products, which they definitely should since they do not use a lot of preservatives! All that said, I still like PSF and will continue to use their products, provided their prices stay reasonable (I've been noticing some price increases as their popularity has grown here on EDS and I am not happy about it). I will be careful to store their stuff in the fridge and pay careful attention to changes in color, smell, and consistency.

daisylondon wrote:
Jeannine, where are you buying your PSF products...?! Is it EDS?!

All my products have been fine, I've had my pumpkin mask for a few months although I am scrupulous of using with a spatula and disinfecting spatula before and after use. But now you've said that I'm wondering whether I should replace it!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
Of the stuff that has gone bad on me: I got the pumpkin mask, stimucoll, and Vit C directly from PSF. I got the toner from EDS. When most of it went bad, it was during the summer, and my bathroom is relatively warm then and that's where I was keeping it. I was keeping the toner at my desk at work, and my office is unfortunately very warm in the winter. After I complained here about my PSF going bad, someone at EDS forum suggested keeping the stuff in the fridge, so that's what I do now.

I think PSF is to blame for a few reasons: First, I think they do not use a lot of preservatives (which I actually think is a good thing). Second, some of their packaging is not all that great (clear plastic for the stimucoll allows light to enter, the seal was not great on the Vit C dropper so air got in, etc.). Third, they do not put expiration dates on their products, which they definitely should since they do not use a lot of preservatives! All that said, I still like PSF and will continue to use their products, provided their prices stay reasonable (I've been noticing some price increases as their popularity has grown here on EDS and I am not happy about it). I will be careful to store their stuff in the fridge and pay careful attention to changes in color, smell, and consistency.

Would it be more safe if I store my PSF Vitamin C 20% in the fridge? I don't want it to go brown on me so quick.. Sad
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |