Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sunglasses...I need new sunglasses...What's your fav brand?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
I seriously have been searching far and wide to find sunglasses that will look good on me, and provide good protection.

I'm pretty stumped.

What are your favorite brands of sunglasses? I have tried Rayban.

For my face (I got a round face), I think bigger glasses would look better. I bought little ones before, and my bf said I looked like John Lennon's wife.

Here're a few pics if you are dedicated to help me find better and great looking glasses:
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/bkkgirl_in_ca

Thank you!
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I have sunglasses from Bollé that I do like alot. Can be used both for sport and non-sport. Laughing I have a "difficult" face, so I really had a hard time finding some nice sunglasses. The big glasses doesn't work because of my high cheekbones, I hate it when glasses touch my face. Small glasses don't work either. Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
I love my RayBan's, mainly because the lenses are so good, my SO also has a pair of Randolf's that I borrow when reading in the sun.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Gucci's!
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Oakley Halos/Haylons. They are fantastic. So much so I have been dying to get another pair in another colour on Ebay since they have discontinued the style. Sad Alwyas seems to happen to me when I fall in love with something. I also like my Adrienne Vitadini glasses for a more classic and sophisticated look.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
I love my Oakley Halos/Haylons. They are fantastic. So much so I have been dying to get another pair in another colour on Ebay since they have discontinued the style. Sad Alwyas seems to happen to me when I fall in love with something. I also like my Adrienne Vitadini glasses for a more classic and sophisticated look.

Aren't you afraid they wouldn't fit well if you bought on Ebay?

Has anyone heard of Serengetti (sp?)? I saw this at Costco. Doesn't look too shabby.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl,
I love my Gucci and this really really cheap no brand sunglasses I found in a drugstore. I think it cost only 30 dollars but I love the way it looks on my face so much that it is my favorite pair.
So the best and easiest way to find your pair is just try on as many different ones as you can. You will know when you found it Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
bkkgirl,
I love my Gucci and this really really cheap no brand sunglasses I found in a drugstore. I think it cost only 30 dollars but I love the way it looks on my face so much that it is my favorite pair.
So the best and easiest way to find your pair is just try on as many different ones as you can. You will know when you found it Wink

I've been trying on lots of them. I tried on these little ones that made me look like Yoko Ono, too. LOL Somehow I thought they looked good at the time. But because they're too little, they don't provide adequate protection. So here I go again....shopping for sunglasses.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I love cheap ones because I am that person who sits on their sunglasses and breaks them or steps on them or they somehow fly out the window. I think Target has some really cute ones for like 20 bucks.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad that you started this thread. I have the beginnings of cataracts and I need to try to keep sunglasses all over the place so that I will use them. I usually just keep a pair in my car and DH's car. So I am going to watch this thread for ideas. Trouble is, I don't have the patience to try on a bunch of pairs. I usually buy cheapies and just deal with how they look if they look somewhat decent on me.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I am so glad that you started this thread. I have the beginnings of cataracts and I need to try to keep sunglasses all over the place so that I will use them. I usually just keep a pair in my car and DH's car. So I am going to watch this thread for ideas. Trouble is, I don't have the patience to try on a bunch of pairs. I usually buy cheapies and just deal with how they look if they look somewhat decent on me.

I'm glad I started this thread, too. I have a love/hate relationship with sunglasses for as long as I remember. I can't live without them, but they don't look good on me.

So please bring on all your suggestions! I am all ears.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have a pair of Prada sunglasses that I love! I take really good care of my sunglasses and you can tell the difference in quality of the lenses from the less expensive sunglasses, so I totally think they're worth the money. I know they'll last me a long time! Smile
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Oliver Peoples.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
You should take into consideration your face shape when narrowing down which style glasses to try on - that's half the battle. I have an oval face and allegedly can wear any style glasses, so I end up tending to pick ones just because I like them. I don't like square frames or ones that are too large and find that I go more for the updated version of the classic cat-eye look.

Past favorites have been RayBan and Adrienne Vitadini. Of course, you must keep in mind The Sunglasses Rule:

If you spend a lot of money on a gorgeous pair of sunglasses that took you months to find, you will lose them, break them or have them stolen from you almost immediately. If you buy a cheap pair of sunglasses that you could not care less about, they will last so long that you can take them with you to your grave!

I had the most gorgeous pair of RayBans that cost me a lot of money at the time, and I owned them for all of about 20 minutes. One day at the mall, my @$$hole boyfriend decided to try them on (why, I don't know - they were obviously women's glasses), then immediately put them down somewhere and walked off without them. Then the idiot refused to replace them after it was clearly his fault for losing them. That is only one of the reasons why he is no longer my boyfriend! Jerk!
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I love my raybans.
That was the main reason I wanted to get contacts so I could wear any sunnies.
Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
You should take into consideration your face shape when narrowing down which style glasses to try on - that's half the battle. I have an oval face and allegedly can wear any style glasses, so I end up tending to pick ones just because I like them. I don't like square frames or ones that are too large and find that I go more for the updated version of the classic cat-eye look.

Past favorites have been RayBan and Adrienne Vitadini. Of course, you must keep in mind The Sunglasses Rule:

If you spend a lot of money on a gorgeous pair of sunglasses that took you months to find, you will lose them, break them or have them stolen from you almost immediately. If you buy a cheap pair of sunglasses that you could not care less about, they will last so long that you can take them with you to your grave!

I had the most gorgeous pair of RayBans that cost me a lot of money at the time, and I owned them for all of about 20 minutes. One day at the mall, my @$$hole boyfriend decided to try them on (why, I don't know - they were obviously women's glasses), then immediately put them down somewhere and walked off without them. Then the idiot refused to replace them after it was clearly his fault for losing them. That is only one of the reasons why he is no longer my boyfriend! Jerk!

Agreed! He's a certified asshole jerk. He needs a BIG kick in the nuts.

I bought a pair of Nine West sunglasses once from Ross, and I loved them. They were the ONLY sunglasses I ever tried on and felt they looked good on me. (Never asked if anyone else agreed with me or not) However I put them in my lap, and when I opened my car door and stepped out, I completely forgot about my glasses, and promptly stepped on them. I nearly cried.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
I love Christian Dior, but I wear cheap ones too as I have a habit of sitting on my glasses or leaving them somewhere! I prefer big sunglasses. Although they make me look rather funny they provide a good shade from the sun so I don't have to squint my eyes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
I like chanel and versace sunglasses. They work well for my face. I looked at your pictures. I am thinking some marc jacobs ones may look really good on you. To me, you really have to put sunglasses on to find the best fit(a good fit is 3 dimensional) Smile
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
i love gucci sunglasses

but i learned after losing and ppl stealing a couple pairs that i will not invest so much in sunglasses again.. now i just pick them up from the 2 for 20$ kiosks at the malls because of how fast theyre lost or broken or stolen
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I just wonder for those of you who buy the cheapie ones (which I would rather buy because I'm afraid I'd misplace them or step on them, too), how do you make sure the glasses provide adequate UV protection?
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Proffesional eyeglass stores (prescription ones) often have sales on their sunglasses around here because noone goes in there to buy them. It's a great place to start if you don't want the cheap-o drugstore brand ones, which I find break easier. Plus often they will do adjustments and stuff, if you've sat on them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:48 pm      Reply with quote
I wear sunglasses every single day from dawn to dusk. I used to keep $30-$50 pairs in the car, purse, house, etc. Almost 2 yrs ago I decided to splurge on a great pair of designer sunglasses. I went to Nordstrom and the SA helped me w/ style, color, etc. I ended buying a $250 Chanel pair. I can honestly say they were worth EVERY PENNY Exclamation They look the best, they fit the best (no sliding down my nose), and I feel very chic wearing them (they're probably the only Chanel item I'll ever own).

I'D BUY THEM AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT Exclamation
nutella
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I only have cheap sunglasses. They r from H&M, Mango and M&S.

Love the mango and m&s ones. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:22 am      Reply with quote
Ok girls, I walked by FOREVER 21 tonight and saw a bunch of cute sunglasses. I knew I had to try them on. I picked out a pair and loved it. They only cost $5.80. I couldn't believe it. They also provide 100% UV Protection according to the sticker. So I took a picture to show you girls what they look like. What do you think? Should I run back for another pair in case this one broke?

marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
Those looke great on you, bkkgirl! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Turbo Line Smoothing Toning Lotion (200 ml / 6.7 floz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)