Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven Obagi Retinol 1.0 Cream (28 g)
The Fiction of the 30-day Return Policy
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh dear. I read the deal about the no-risk 30-day return policy in the advert; but didn't read the actual policy. I thought I got to try out my Beurer softlaser to Jellen Products.com and if it failed to live up to its promises, I could return it.

Fat chance. I can return it only if I haven't opened it or if I try to use it and find it's defective. If I find the ads are misleading or simply find that it's difficult and uncomfortable to use, well - sorry sucker!

What I found with the Beurer is that although it may (or may not) be a legitimate laser, it is difficult and clumsy to use because of the way it has to be held. I also found that the Buerer does not produce any sensation at all in my skin, whereas my dermatologist laser treatments did. By contrast, my dermatologist infrared treatments produced skin senations and handheld Lightstim LED produces similar sensations, so I know it's doing something.

An honest refund would have been a lot cheaper for the people involved, I think.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting. Us consumers need to be more aware of unethical practices in this profit-driven society sigh. Mad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the heads up.

My sister has the Beurer, whereas I have the Dermawand. We never compared. I can feel the sensation that mine gives though.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, I got caught up in this fictional $ back guarantee on bio-alternatives site, too. I would never buy anything from them again unless I know for a fact I don't have to return it.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 10:55 pm      Reply with quote
Don't you have a Consumer Commission or Fair Trading government agency to go to?

When a vendor p-i-s-s-e-s me off with a crappy product and appears to be cool about a refund or accepting returns, I am not backwards about invoking the wrath of the local government consumer watchdog on them.

With online purchases paid via credit card too, your credit card merchant can sometimes help. I have had credit card charges reversed before when I complained about legitimate non-delivery of service/product.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 11:52 pm      Reply with quote
Bottom line on the advertising is that they state that although [u]they're not permitted to advertise the benefits of the Buerer device in the U.S.[/u], Europeans have been getting them for years. LOL

My gripe with the thing is that I don't like the nuisance of holding my arm up and moving the stupid thing around for six minutes on a spot. Actually doing it is different than watching a video that truncates the experience.

Yes, I live in New York where we have aggressive and easily accessible consumer protection in place.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Did you charge it on your credit card? Most credit card companies are wonderful about helping you dispute the charge. Recently I went though a dispute. Although it took over a month I won and my money was returned. If the company advertised in such a way to make you believe you had 30 days money back I believe you have a case. Credit card company are not very tolerant of "fine print."
System
Automatic Message
Sat Aug 17, 2019 6:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Decleor Orexcellence Energy Concentrate Youth Mask (50 ml) Janson Beckett NekaDermEL (118 ml / 4 floz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)