Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ladies, do you hide from your S.O. how much you're spending
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
Mary H. wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
fishzebby wrote:
make him use skin product too so he won't mind you spending on it.. ^_^

LOL my bf refuses to use even body lotion. He said it's gay. He said men don't need any lotion. The only thing he uses is lip balm.

Bkkgirl, I think your BF and my husband were separated at birth! Laughing He won't go near my skincare lotions and potions...

Mary Very Happy

Must be! LOL Guys are such funny creatures.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Diana P wrote:
I told my husband once how much I spent on a facial and products and I thought his eyes were going to fall out of his head. But I don't feel guilty because it probably all evens out when you take into account what he spends on exercise equipment. At least I use what I buy. Bad Grin

There ya go! Ahem, but I actually don't always use what I buy. I tried them faithfully and they ended up sitting on my counter for the next year. Peter Lamas, Clinique, Estee Lauder, yikes!
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
My saving grace is my honey is an electrical engineer. All of his "toys" are high tech and/or computer related & run a pretty penny. He's very good with money & I just explain to him all my lotions/ect. are my Blackberry.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl: Right ON, Sistah Pants!
DH & I each spend our own yearly salaries on our own "toys", so it's don't ask/don't tell & everyone's happy! Did I mention we're DINKs?, so no one suffers. (double income, no kids).
Always hoping to find the HG & not spend one more cent on crap that doesn't live up to the hype... so, save your receipts!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
You betcha I hide it! He would never understand the extent of my madness. I don't even understand it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
You betcha I hide it! He would never understand the extent of my madness. I don't even understand it.

I agree it is madness. It's an * spam alert *. Do we need to start Skincare Anonymous or SA for short? We can do the whole 12 step program, or 50% off to attract members.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Jeannine wrote:

I agree it is madness. It's an * spam alert *. Do we need to start Skincare Anonymous or SA for short? We can do the whole 12 step program, or 50% off to attract members.

I need to join asap. I am dreading my CC bill that is coming up. Must say though that it has been one heck of a fun month.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:41 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
Jeannine wrote:

I need to join asap. I am dreading my CC bill that is coming up. Must say though that it has been one heck of a fun month.

Same here. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my last month's CC bills. And since the cut-off date, I've been buying like mad too! And now I'm about to buy some Osea products which aren't exactly cheap either Sad

One thing I like to point out. You know when you're logged into your EDS account, you can choose a payment option. By EDS providing "using credit card on file", it makes it too easy to "slip" and just click the confirm order button. I have changed my mind or held off my purchase while punching in my credit card numbers before, but with this one click option, it's like I just black out for that one second!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 wrote:
Frodo wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:
Jeannine wrote:

Same here. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my last month's CC bills. And since the cut-off date, I've been buying like mad too! And now I'm about to buy some Osea products which aren't exactly cheap either Sad

One thing I like to point out. You know when you're logged into your EDS account, you can choose a payment option. By EDS providing "using credit card on file", it makes it too easy to "slip" and just click the confirm order button. I have changed my mind or held off my purchase while punching in my credit card numbers before, but with this one click option, it's like I just black out for that one second!

You gotta stop drinking and shopping at the same time, girl! LOL
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I am so addicted. I have so much skin care and makeup already (and I'm very grateful), but the promise of a new HG keeps me coming back for more. My latest thing is eyeshadow. I was incredibly lucky to win the $50 voucher this week (it's the first time I've ever won anything like this!), and I want to splurge with it. I'm Jonesing for the Jane Iredale Bling or Nighttime eyeshadow set. The only thing stopping me from ordering right this minute is being unable to choose which one. Anyone have any advice? ... and please don't tell me to get both!!! Maybe I better step up to the 12-step program. Isn't the first step admitting I have a problem and that I am powerless to stop?! Wink

bkkgirl wrote:

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I am so addicted. I have so much skin care and makeup already (and I'm very grateful), but the promise of a new HG keeps me coming back for more. My latest thing is eyeshadow. I was incredibly lucky to win the $50 voucher this week (it's the first time I've ever won anything like this!), and I want to splurge with it. I'm Jonesing for the Jane Iredale Bling or Nighttime eyeshadow set. The only thing stopping me from ordering right this minute is being unable to choose which one. Anyone have any advice? ... and please don't tell me to get both!!! Maybe I better step up to the 12-step program. Isn't the first step admitting I have a problem and that I am powerless to stop?! Wink

bkkgirl wrote:

I think that is the first step. I have to review my manual again to be sure, but remember we're having a special promotion. At 50% off, you can skip the first step, and pick whichever 6 steps of the 12 step program you want. Great deal, huh?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:10 am      Reply with quote
I don't normally hide the cost, but I didn't tell him that my big L'Anza splurge cost over £100. I think he may well go ballistic if he finds that out!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Okay, at 50% off, I'll happily stay addicted. It would be like being addicted to fruits and veggies--a good thing.

bkkgirl wrote:
I think that is the first step. I have to review my manual again to be sure, but remember we're having a special promotion. At 50% off, you can skip the first step, and pick whichever 6 steps of the 12 step program you want. Great deal, huh?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
I don't normally hide the cost, but I didn't tell him that my big L'Anza splurge cost over £100. I think he may well go ballistic if he finds that out!

You should have seen my eyes trying to pop out of their sockets when I read that, and if I'm a girl doing that, I'm sure your husband would have a heart failure about it, too. LOLOLOL I think most guys will think any cream that costs more than $10 is expensive. I am sure they have NO IDEA that some of these beauty creams, lotions and potions can cost over $100, let alone 100 pounds (I don't have that pound sign on my keyboard).
rainbow_listic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
i dont hide from him as to how much i spend. but he knew that if he ever asked me about it, he will be *make* to help pay @ least half of it. LOL.... Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Moonstarr wrote:
I can't keep it a secret ... I love to talk too much about what I'm excited about buying or waiting for, so I end up telling him exactly what I'm buying and usually how much it costs (I even told him how much the Quasar SP cost Shock ). I think his eyes just glaze over though and he probably doesn't really listen to anything I say past "I bought this new skincare ...". Laughing

nod, nod! we are same!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |