Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Did Camellia Oil break anyone out?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
Placing an order for full size EpidermxII and was going to try the Silkia, but it seems this broke some people on MUA out badly. I use emu with no problems but it seems this stuff may be more breakout-inducing than emu? What do you guys think?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
I buy my camellia oil from sasa.com. It's by Ren Guang Do. I usually put a lot on my face, but it never have broken me out!! Plus, my skin is VERY sensitive.. I really love this oil, and would never stray from it.

Here are the ingredients:

82.3% Oleic Acid, Vitamin E, Camellia Oil
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the quick response! Does the Silkia brand have Vit E in it too?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Thanks for the quick response! Does the Silkia brand have Vit E in it too?

You're welcome! Smile I think Silkia has more ingredients. It's been awhile, so I can't remember.

What are its ingredients

The active ingredient is Oleic acid. 90% of the oil is composed of the Triglyceride of Oleic and Linoleic acid, of which Oleic acid accounts for over 82%. These acids are difficult to oxidize. The other ingredients include Polyphenol, vitamins A, B, C & E, and minerals.

http://goldportbeauty.com/camellia_oil.htm
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever used emu? If you have how does this compare?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Have you ever used emu? If you have how does this compare?

Sorry, I can't compare because I've never used emu oil. Ren Guang Do Camellia Oil is more yellow than Silkia's. My sister raved so much about how much it improved her skin, so I went ahead and tried it. I guess she wasn't lying. Very Happy I only use cruelty free products. Razz
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
i got the silkia oil and it breaks me out Sad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:51 am      Reply with quote
smqueen wrote:
i got the silkia oil and it breaks me out Sad

Sorry to hear that.. I have been using Ren Guang Do's Camellia Oil for awhile now and it has never broken me out. I usually get breakouts immediately on my nose, and forehead when my skin doesn't agree with the product. However, this camellia oil has never broken me out, EVER. I still do get occasional, hormonal breakouts during my period, though. Sad
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
Still torn about whether to order Smile seems this oil is more dangerous for breakout prones than emu - Pooh, maybe you're one of the lucky ones Smile
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Still torn about whether to order Smile seems this oil is more dangerous for breakout prones than emu - Pooh, maybe you're one of the lucky ones Smile

I didn't use the silkia camellia oil long enough to tell..Plus, my skin was HORRIBLE looking back then. I wouldn't know what causes the breakouts. I just let it sit on my shelf awhile back.

Perhaps all the minerals in it causes breakouts?
2. What are its ingredients?

The active ingredient is Oleic acid. 90% of the oil is composed of the Triglyceride of Oleic and Linoleic acid, of which Oleic acid accounts for over 82%. These acids are difficult to oxidize. The other ingredients include Polyphenol, vitamins A, B, C & E, and minerals.

And then I found Ren Guang Do from my sister. After that, camellia oil has been my daily moisturizer. I hope SaSa will never discontinue it, or else I will be torn. Sad
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:59 am      Reply with quote
I am not 100% sure, but I think that this clogged pores/broke me out. I used it when my skin wasn't in very stable condition, so I am not sure if it was the culprit. I didn't try it again after that experience.

Tina
SandyC123
5% products discount

Fri Feb 23, 2007 6:36 am      Reply with quote
SOMETHING broke me out but I'm not sure what it was because I was hard headed and did what everyone told me NOT to do. I introduced too many products at once. So, right now, I have scaled way back and am just using PSF facial cleanser and Silkia. I will say that it has done wonders on cleaning the blackheads off of my nose so far. I do know that it broke me out in hives on my chest both times that I put it there. It doesn't do that on my neck or face but that's the ONLY thing I've ever put on my chest and both times, I looked like a spotted easter egg. I don't know. Since I've cut out the other products, my face does seem to be clearing up. It's only been two days though. I'll give it another week and see what happens.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Hmm scary, anyway I didn't order the Silkia but might try the Sasa one Poohlisey recced
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
Poohlisey, before I place my order can I ask you whether the stuff you use sinks in fast or just sits on the skin? Does it have any weird smells? How is it under makeup?
mom2eloise
5% products discount

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
I am one of the people that previously posted about breaking out from Silkia camellia oil. I've also had breakouts and cystic acne from Rosehip seed oil and emu oil, even getting a large acne cyst in the skin on my eyelid that took forever to clear out and heal.

I had no problems with the Epidermx brand of camellia oil but they've stopped selling it. I was able to get a couple of extra bottles by emailing Amy. I'm still healing from the rosehip seed oil right now and am finally getting back to normal.

I'm currently using only the epidermxII followed by camellia oil, first spray my face with water, one squirt of camellia oil rubbed between my hands and then patted under eyes and rest of face and gently blended in.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:09 am      Reply with quote
I broke out from this and I don't break out from anything really. Sad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
FaithTruth wrote:
Poohlisey, before I place my order can I ask you whether the stuff you use sinks in fast or just sits on the skin? Does it have any weird smells? How is it under makeup?

It sinks very fast if you put just enough for your skin. I soon found out that my skin needs only 1 drop. Sink in quickly, moisturize and keep my skin looking fresh for the whole day. It make my skin glow too.

Ren Guang Do Camellia Seed Oil does have a very faint smell of camellia seed, but it's not bothersome nor does it linger. It will fade away in a few seconds.

I never have anything with it under my makeup. Usually 1-3 drops is enough. Warming up the oil with your hands before putting it on your face really helps too. Remember to pat it on your face, and don't rub it and you will have a fresh moisturize face all day Very Happy .

I love RGD Camellia Seed Oil and I hope you will too Very Happy !
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed my order for the Ren Guang Do oil - hope it works out for me Smile
dancar3
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:50 pm      Reply with quote
I had bought a full-size bottle of the Silkia Camillia oil only to find out it breaks me out. It only took one use and the next morning I had some small bumps on my face. I stopped using it and tried it again a week later to see if maybe it was a fluke and when I did, the next morning I was broken out again. It's too bad really, because I heard such good things about it. So now a have big bottle going to waste, but I'm thinking about using it on my hair since I heard it's supposed to be good at moisturizing the ends.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:19 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered some Epidermxll's at goldportbeauty.com. I'm requesting for a sample of their Silkia Camellia Oil to test out if it breaks me out or not, too..
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:58 am      Reply with quote
I have a feeling the Silkia has other ingredients that cause people to break out. Either that or their skin simply can't tolerate camellia oil in general. Do let me know when you've tried it.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my Silkia Camellia Oil sample today.. I have to say the difference with Sikia and RGD is that Silkia is almost colorless and also odorless, whereas RGD is more yellow and has a faint smell of camellia seed. I slathered some Silkia oil on my cheeks, but not my nose.. That being said, I'm still sticking to RGD. Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I just got my pure camellia oil today. I can report back results soon. It looks clear. No color. I haven't tried to take a sniff from it to tell you if it got any smell or not.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:34 am      Reply with quote
BAH I got a sample of the Silkia when I ordered my EpidermxII, used it for the last two days, broke out today. I also ordered the Ren Guang Do from Sasa and it just arrived today - but I'm not gonna touch the stuff. I should have listened to everyone! Argh.
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
When I tried the camellia oil, I got little tiny bumps on the face under my cheeks. I tried it again a few days later and it happened again. No more camellia oil for me. I'll stick to the emu oil.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |