Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone tried the Lumiere pre-buy brushes?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
How do you like them? How soft are they? I understand they are synthetic (but not taklon). Please compare to other brushes you may have.

Thanks,
montrealgal
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
Montrealgal, nobody will tell you because we should get them in the end of March/beginning of April.
HTH. Wink
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:32 am      Reply with quote
jumpingball wrote:
Montrealgal, nobody will tell you because we should get them in the end of March/beginning of April.
HTH. Wink

jumpingball,
I didn't know it will take Lumiere that long to come up with the brushes. I thought it would only be a few weeks. If I had known its gonna be April I probably wouldn't have ordered those prepaid brushes from them Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I'm not sure about April, maybe we'll get them earlier. It was just my estimation. Kim said it would take 4-6 weeks, and it was in the middle of February.
montrealgal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:06 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for letting me know, jumpingball. I didn't realize that.

Would you ladies please review when you have received them? I am planning to buy one or two. (I understand there will be another pre-buy promotion.)

And has anyone tried the Lumiere dispensing brush? It's tempting, although I'm usually not in a situation where I can touch up during the day. And I'm not sure I really need to. Still, it might be nice to have. (Is anyone else like that -- wanting something even though you don't really need it? Laughing )

montrealgal
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
My brushes are on their way, yippee!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
I only received my pre-buy Kabuki brush so far. The hairs feel very super soft. I washed it first before using it and no hairs fell out nor did any color come out. It picks up more of the MMU than my other kabuki brushes so I have to adjust my "swirling". I can't wait to get my 8 piece brush set.
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Still haven't receive any brush yet Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Still haven't receive any brush yet Confused

They emailed me today that they were being shipped. Hopefully you will get an email notification soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
I received my 8 piece brushes it feels really soft compared to my BE brush. When I washed it, no hair came out. I'm waiting for it to dry so I can use it with my LM mmu.
Genie
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:37 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
They emailed me today that they were being shipped. Hopefully you will get an email notification soon.

Only if you paid by PayPal. No e-mail notification if you paid by credit card.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
Genie wrote:
Frodo wrote:

Only if you paid by PayPal. No e-mail notification if you paid by credit card.

My email came from Lumiere Mineral Cosmetics. I would think that whatever way you paid you would get an email notification from them when they shipped your order. Oh well, I sure hope that all of you who placed a pre-order you get it soon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
I tried the two big brushes in the 8 piece to apply hpjrt silk pearl powder and LM mmu...I have to say I love the brushes. It picked up both powder so well compared to my Mac & BE brush. Also since the brushes aren't the acutal size it's easier for me to apply to my eyelids and undereye area. And since hpjrt's container is a little narrow, oval like at the top, the brush goes into easily. It feels extremely soft when apply the powders. I'm happy that I got this at a cheap price.
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 3:24 am      Reply with quote
I've gotten no notification yet, either. Patiently waiting...
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:28 am      Reply with quote
I bought Kim's kabuki back in December. This is so soft that I don't want to use my other ones at all.

I am planning on buying another one as a back up. This is a fabulous brush for $14.00 regular cost plus free shipping for Canada and US. (not sure what the pre buy cost was.)

BTW My other kabukis are Red Earth ($38.00 cdn at SDM) and EDM white premium.

The girls are just getting the pre buy brushes in from posts on the other forums. I also read Kim's forum for Lumiere and Mineral Makeup Mania. It seems that it took about 8 weeks.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I received two e-mail notifications, one from PayPal and another from Lumiere Mineral Cosmetics.
Didn't receive the brushes, yet.
jumpingball
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
I received my brushes last week, and I really impressed with the quality. I've got dual eyebrush, buffer and blush brushes. The buffer brush feels softer than my JI handi. Very Happy
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I ordered the flat top brush way back, just to see how it would compare to Alima's #25. I have to say I was a bit disappointed. It is quite soft (though not nearly as soft as Alima's), but it's much smaller than I expected--- it's more the size of a blush brush than a foundation brush. I guess I'll give it a shot as a blush brush since there's not much else to do with it, however, I'm already besotted with my MAC 169 synthetic bristle angled blush brush, so I don't see anything replacing it anytime soon.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
Just got the two brushes I pre-ordered, arriving the day before yesterday--it was the kabuki brush and the baby buki. They are both dense and very soft and haven't shed at all on washing. I really love the Alima 25 brush, so I'm not sure these will replace that one for everyday makeup. But I really prefer a small and light brush for traveling, and the kabuki fits that nicely.

I do have a question, though. What is the baby buki one supposed to be for? It's really tiny. The head is smaller than the diameter of a nickel. So it would take forever to use to apply and blend a face full of mineral makeup. Any ideas??
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
flitcraft wrote:
Just got the two brushes I pre-ordered, arriving the day before yesterday--it was the kabuki brush and the baby buki. They are both dense and very soft and haven't shed at all on washing. I really love the Alima 25 brush, so I'm not sure these will replace that one for everyday makeup. But I really prefer a small and light brush for traveling, and the kabuki fits that nicely.

I do have a question, though. What is the baby buki one supposed to be for? It's really tiny. The head is smaller than the diameter of a nickel. So it would take forever to use to apply and blend a face full of mineral makeup. Any ideas??

The baby kabukis are for smaller areas such as the corners of the nose and the eye areas.
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
My baby buki arrived yesterday and I was at first appalled by the tiny size of it (yeah, I know, I should have paid attention to the measurements Embarassed ) then I used it this morning. Wow! This is the best brush I have ever used. I'm definitely going to buy a full sized Lumiere brush now.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |