Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

cold toilet seats are so startling
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry to be a little direct, but don't you hate that feeling of getting up in the middle or the night, or morning and having to sit on a cold toilet seat to greet you in the morning? Laughing

What do you do to prevent that? Those toiler seat warmers are too expensive Laughing
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem, lol! Somebody, help us! Very Happy
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone here have one of those? I am sure they can actually be beneficially in the colder states of the US Smile
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
If it's any help, I have found that the padded squishy ones don't get quite as cold. Smile
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 23, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
What I do is I lower the lid/cover of the toliet bowl and then cover it up with a towel! It helps in reducing the coldness a bit Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Pfffft.... No matter how cold the seat gets, it's NOTHING when you compare it to stumbling into the bathroom with the lights out and falling IN cause your sweetie left the seat up yet AGAIN Rolling Eyes Now, THAT, my dear, is cooooooollddddd!!! brrrrrrrrrr
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
What I do is I lower the lid/cover of the toliet bowl and then cover it up with a towel! It helps in reducing the coldness a bit Smile

You pee over a towel? Shock

Even I find this thread frankly bizarre Confused

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Pfffft.... No matter how cold the seat gets, it's NOTHING when you compare it to stumbling into the bathroom with the lights out and falling IN cause your sweetie left the seat up yet AGAIN Rolling Eyes Now, THAT, my dear, is cooooooollddddd!!! brrrrrrrrrr

Oh my! You fell IN the toilet! That is really bad, did he go into the doghouse after that Laughing
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lol katee fortunately I have better reflexes than you. I almost fell in a couple of times but always managed to grab unto the toilet paper handle to steady myself. Yup nothing gets the heart pounding more than the prospect of falling into the bowl. Laughing
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
xxndnromeoxx wrote:
katee wrote:

Oh my! You fell IN the toilet! That is really bad, did he go into the doghouse after that Laughing

I fell in a couple times before, too. The worst part is when the toilet isnt flushed... Mad
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
my DH has the theory that it is polite for ME to lift the seat after I have done. Maybe that is hte best thing to do. I think so but then I have a bottleof voignier in me :drunkensmoilie:

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
xxndnromeoxx wrote:
katee wrote:

I fell in a couple times before, too. The worst part is when the toilet isnt flushed... Mad

ew! That's horrid Sad
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Padded seats are much warmer. Wink
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
One of the many reasons I want one of these http://www.hygieneforhealth.com/takagi.htm
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:29 am      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
One of the many reasons I want one of these http://www.hygieneforhealth.com/takagi.htm

Wow! Those look really cool.. I bet they're really expensive! Shock
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:23 am      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:

How about this...

http://www.heatedtoiletseat.com/index.html
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:01 am      Reply with quote
I thought this string was strange at first. Rufus, the site you just posted makes a warm seat affordable. I'm actually gonna look into getting this!

...now if anyone can solve the problem of the public toilets, when you sit down to a wet seat, I'm listening...ewwwwww Pray
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
samantha185 wrote:

You pee over a towel? Shock

Even I find this thread frankly bizarre Confused

Of course not haha. What I meant is that I lower both toliet covers and cover it with a towel. Of course when I need to use the toliet I'll whisk off the towel AND lift the top lid! Makes more sense? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Two separate designated toilets is the only way to go - he can leave the seat up on his, and I can get a nice seat-warmer for mine!!
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
I just came up with an idea on how to make seat warmers really cost effective and quality/value conscious.

I'm going to make a prototype Very Happy
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
We live in New England, and even in the middle of winter, the heat is on 55 degrees. Toilet seat pretty much frozen! Laughing

However, I'm usually so tired when I pee in the middle of the night, I don't even really notice. Either tha, or my butt went instantaneously numb at point of contact! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
debbied wrote:
I thought this string was strange at first. Rufus, the site you just posted makes a warm seat affordable. I'm actually gonna look into getting this!

...now if anyone can solve the problem of the public toilets, when you sit down to a wet seat, I'm listening...ewwwwww Pray

Give a woman a search engine and anything is possible Dancing Dancing
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
A terry toilet seat cover in indispensible for me .......costs almost nothing and makes those trips all cozy and pleasant Smile
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
A terry toilet seat cover in indispensible for me .......costs almost nothing and makes those trips all cozy and pleasant Smile

Lol I love how my brother, my husband, and all their friends call those pee catchers... yes this is why I don't have one. I even asked to clarify if they were talking about the ones on the toilet lid and not around the bottom and they said "All of the above". Boys are gross. I'm scared of a pee sponge on my toilet.
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
world~of~mirth wrote:
mithai wrote:

Lol I love how my brother, my husband, and all their friends call those pee catchers... yes this is why I don't have one. I even asked to clarify if they were talking about the ones on the toilet lid and not around the bottom and they said "All of the above". Boys are gross. I'm scared of a pee sponge on my toilet.

I would think anything porous like terrycloth would be a germ factory for a toilet seat! Shock

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |