Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Who hates Internet Scammers?? Me!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Whenever I post something for sale on the Recycler (or Craigslist), I get some emails from internet scammers. At first I thought it was someone real, so I replied, but I thought the language was off. I gave them the benefits of the doubts until they asked for my bank account info, so they can just send me some money for the item I'm selling.

I stopped responding to them after that.

Today I was in a different mood. I decided to reply. Here's the actual email from the Scammer:

Dear Seller,
My name is Frodo i'm a vet doctor am highly interested in buying your dog which you posted inwww.recycler.com kindly get back to me with your last offering price

Hope to read from you soon.

And my response is:

"Thanks for your interest in my "dog".

My "dog" comes with all his hair attached (no balding spot, which seems to be a cause of concern for some buyers). Actually to be perfectly honest, I did have to use some Rogaine on his balding head, but the hair has grown back. No problem! My "dog" is very special because he can poop and pee inside a box filled with newspapers. You'd love him. He's also been trained special-forces style (think Green Beret and the Seal!) by the best of the best. His trainer is an avid watcher of the Dog Whisperer, and can train any dog in the world. He'll bite the nuts of your attacker on demand, and will chew them off should you so desire.

Another special ability my "dog" has is he can talk. Just the other day, he said, "I swing both ways - Men and Boys." I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about. Maybe he meant the canine variety. I'm just glad he decided to come out of the closet since my closet needed a spring cleaning.

Due to the high demand of my "dog", I am taking in sealed bids to be fair for all the other bidders. Therefore I cannot tell you the last offering bid. You're welcome to send in your sealed bids to me. Just be sure to make the figure as high as possible to ensure your chance of winning my "dog."

Since you said you're a vet, you can perhaps give me a free vet advice. What does it mean when a dog scratch his butt rapidly 3 times in a row? After that, he licks his paw and looks at me with adoring doleful eyes. Then he turns around in a circle until he's dizzy and faints for about 5 minutes. I often have to revive him with some cold water in his face if I want him up and running in less than 5 minutes."

Anyway, watch out for these scammers! I read about them in the LA Times once. They operate out of Nigeria by some 16-year-old kids.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Anyway, watch out for these scammers! I read about them in the LA Times once. They operate out of Nigeria by some 16-year-old kids.

Exactly and they probably don't speak or read English so don't waste your time replying to them. Just ditch it in the trash.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning. I HATE internet scammers too! UGH. Mad
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Exactly and they probably don't speak or read English so don't waste your time replying to them. Just ditch it in the trash.

Yeah, what clued me in was after I responded (not this last one), they wrote back but it was not responding to any of the things I said in my reply.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
sarahb wrote:

Yeah, what clued me in was after I responded (not this last one), they wrote back but it was not responding to any of the things I said in my reply.

I agree with sarahb. It's probably better to not reply to them. Mark them as spammers so that next time they will go directly to spam or trash folder.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I get so much spam coming in to my work mail address I would never get any work done at all if I stopped to read them all! What a total waste of time these people are.
Adonis
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
here is a link of somebody who had some fun with scammers from Nigeria. This guy actually spent some serious time responding to these phony emails.
www.ebolamonkeyman.com
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Adonis wrote:
here is a link of somebody who had some fun with scammers from Nigeria. This guy actually spent some serious time responding to these phony emails.
www.ebolamonkeyman.com

Thank you! You always found the funniest links. I just passed it on to a friend who started this ruckus because he was mad at the scammer for wasting his time. He didn't realize they were fake, so he sincerely replied. Once they asked for $, he knew they were scammers and wrote back to them calling them Assclown! I think he'd appreciate this link a lot.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, I loved your response to the scammer Laughing ! I also hate it when those people try to contact you, or even worse if you have something up on eBay, that you paid the listing fee for, and a scammer goes and buys it. Now you are stuck to deal with eBay customer care and all that lovely stuff. I've also had it with craigslist as well. They'd ask to send to Nigeria, or whatever. It just pisses me off when I take the time to list something, and I get scammers messaging me with excuses of why they want it sent to Africa or some place. But answering with a bit of humor like you did, seems like it would be a fun thing to do....lol.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Adonis wrote:
www.ebolamonkeyman.com

Thank you! You always found the funniest links. I just passed it on to a friend who started this ruckus because he was mad at the scammer for wasting his time. He didn't realize they were fake, so he sincerely replied. Once they asked for $, he knew they were scammers and wrote back to them calling them Assclown! I think he'd appreciate this link a lot.

I'm glad you liked it. Very Happy
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
girldelvov wrote:
bkkgirl, I loved your response to the scammer Laughing ! I also hate it when those people try to contact you, or even worse if you have something up on eBay, that you paid the listing fee for, and a scammer goes and buys it. Now you are stuck to deal with eBay customer care and all that lovely stuff. I've also had it with craigslist as well. They'd ask to send to Nigeria, or whatever. It just pisses me off when I take the time to list something, and I get scammers messaging me with excuses of why they want it sent to Africa or some place. But answering with a bit of humor like you did, seems like it would be a fun thing to do....lol.

Yeah, I did have a bit of fun, and I wanted to see what they'd say. I'm pretty sure they had no idea what I was saying. Their English just seemed poor. lol

Sorry you got stuck on bad deals on Ebay. That sucks! I'd be really mad if someone did that to me. No wonder some sellers said they'd cancel someone's bid if that person has 0 feedback, or that person has to email him/her prior to bidding. Maybe I should include this statement from now on, too. I got lucky and even those with really low or no feedback always paid right away.
girldelvov
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Yeah, I did have a bit of fun, and I wanted to see what they'd say. I'm pretty sure they had no idea what I was saying. Their English just seemed poor. lol

Sorry you got stuck on bad deals on EBay. That sucks! I'd be really mad if someone did that to me. No wonder some sellers said they'd cancel someones bid if that person has 0 feedback, or that person has to email him/her prior to bidding. Maybe I should include this statement from now on, too. I got lucky and even those with really low or no feedback always paid right away.

Yeah, the bad English seems to always be present in those kinds of things... I've noticed that too.

Well, you know, I just currently started doing eBay, and I was one with 0 feedback. So it is a bit harder to start off especially when people say no feedback no bid type of thing. But when I had put things up, I always stated something like, serious bidders only please, if negative feedback or no feedback contact seller before bidding. If you bid without permission your bid will be thrown out etc. but sometimes that just doesn't even work...So...

But I did like that website, very funny to just even skim through those emails/letters Laughing

Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |