Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Anyone have cheek building success with facial exercise?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
jenp7
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hoping some of the wonderful women on this board can give me some positive reinforcement Smile I have been doing Carolyns program for 2 and a half months and have noticed some definite improvement in my undereye and forehead areas, but I still really need some help with cheek building. Recently, I was able to get my hands on Ageless (1st edition) and have tried the exercises a couple times. I hope to do those more.

Have you ladies seen great successs with building up the cheek area under the eyes and up toward the temple? If I lift this area just so slightly, my NL lines almost disappear completely! I would love to get some more build here. I would also love to tone the skin in this area (on both sides of nose, toward under eye) if anyone has any advice on that.

If you have had great cheek build, what program did you use? and how long did it take?

Thanks in advance!

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:05 am      Reply with quote
The Ageless exercises were fantastic for mine (and others cheeks) for sure but they need time to work their magic. So I suspect that if you got the first edition, and follow it you'll see some pretty amazing things from it.
Lotusesther
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Too bad the Ageless forum was taken down. I saw a before/after pic there (posted to illustrate a problem with the lower cheeks) that showed enormous change in the cheekbone area after about a year of Ageless. I have been doing it for 6 weeks now, and I can feel things are firming up on the cheekbones, there definitely is some lift. Now I am 50 years old so I guess my muscles are a bit slow to respond or build. So getting to see these results in such a short time is really encouraging. Just be very cautious with the crush! Better try the alternative (don't do it when there are other people around) that Loulou posted on Youtube.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
I have had the best cheek results from Rose Tran's facial yoga and I've done many variations of facial exercise programs.

5% products discount

Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I am having the same problems with my cheeks not firming up much. Maybe I just haven't been doing the exercises enough, though
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Everyone's face is different and responds in different ways due to build, facial expression patterns, etc. I suggest trying different programs to find what is the best for your needs. I had good build with flex effect - but have discovered the facial exercises for eyes are the best for me from this program. Carole Maggio - best for lips (and some for cheeks - I actually love the 8 minute quick exercise format), and without question Rose Tran's for the cheeks - but that's just me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:37 pm      Reply with quote
Lotusesther wrote:
Just be very cautious with the crush! Better try the alternative (don't do it when there are other people around) that Loulou posted on Youtube.

This is so true! Even my little dog thinks I am nuts when I do this exercise. Her little head twists from side to side and eventually out of desperation she jumps on my lap and tries to lick my face!

Ageless cheek exercises definitely work, I saw results immediately, not a build, but a lift. After 3 months of every day exercising, 'apples' started appearing. Discipline needed!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Sis tell me again what results you see from Caroles lip exercises. I've kept that in my routine after you talking about it before, and I'm trying to stay motivated and you had a description somewhere which talked about the changes that I found quite motivating but can't find now.
sister sweets wrote:
Everyone's face is different and responds in different ways due to build, facial expression patterns, etc. I suggest trying different programs to find what is the best for your needs. I had good build with flex effect - but have discovered the facial exercises for eyes are the best for me from this program. Carole Maggio - best for lips (and some for cheeks - I actually love the 8 minute quick exercise format), and without question Rose Tran's for the cheeks - but that's just me.
lawmom
5% products discount

Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
HippoMe wrote:
Even my little dog thinks I am nuts when I do this exercise. Her little head twists from side to side and eventually out of desperation she jumps on my lap and tries to lick my face!

That's so cute!
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:46 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I have had the best cheek results from Rose Tran's facial yoga and I've done many variations of facial exercise programs.

Hi sistersweets,

do you know if there are any videos or example exercises of Rose Trans program? I just want to know if it differs alot from FE, CFF etc, as I have these prgrams already and I'm wondering if it would be worth haveing a look at this one,

thanks

Jackie xx
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:23 am      Reply with quote
I own the program, and I'd say its quite different. I don't have the shorter 3 minute facelift addition Rose has added, but I would say its quite different to both FE and CFF. I do like the booklet though. Shes got some recipes in the back and skincare suggestions and there is an accupressure massage which is quite interesting too (but i've not practiced regularly). The exercises look a little similar to some of them (but thats true for all programs isn't it) but there are also additions that I think you'd like. I also find them very helpful in answering questions by email too! I'm sure Sis will also answer shortly
Jackie284
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:53 am      Reply with quote
thanks TheresaMary,

that's really helpful, - I might have a closer look at this one,

Jackie xx
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:39 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone had success in the cheek area with Toms facial exercises?

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:52 am      Reply with quote
See Sister Sweets post above, she says she's had great success with her cheeks and Rose's program.
echoecho wrote:
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:51 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
See Sister Sweets post above, she says she's had great success with her cheeks and Rose's program.
echoecho wrote:

Thank you Smile

AGE: 25. Some laxity, fine lines, rosacea, and crepey skin. USING: Tripollar STOP, Lightstim, Slendertone Face, Microcurrent Wand, Almighty Ultrasound Device, Olay Cleansing Brush, Neck Line Slimmer. Retin-A, MUAC peels, and taking beauty supplements. Botox eyebrow lift and HG lip products are Too Faced.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I've had build in the cheeks. But since I have a thin face and not good cheekbones, it took me a long time to get it (2+ years to get most of the results I have). I got with FlexEffect, but only got the results I want when I started working ridiculously hard and placing my fingers where along the muscle that I wanted the build. I now do targeted building of my cheeks, where I play up particular parts of the muscle (e.g., for the zygomaticus minor muscles, near the eye area rather than in the middle of the muscle or near the mouth) by focusing on working specific parts of the muscle.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:17 am      Reply with quote
Thank you everyone for your comments. I would really like to build my cheeks under the eye and out to outer corners of eye... CFF has (it seems) only a couple exercises that work cheeks so I guess I will add in Ageless. Maybe I can look up Rose Tran, too. Also, has anyone noticed any discoloration or subtle bruising when using pressure with fingers on the face? I had some of this come up for me, and I was hardly pressing on my cheeks with a finger while doing cheek lifts (CFF)

Almost 40! with sensitive/responsive skin, using facial exercises very lightly. Derminator or prof micropen just a few times a year. AQ eye serum (great for lash growth too) on occasion. Otherwise natural skin care products.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I sincerely recommend Rose Tran's 3 minute video. I had the best results with this program in the cheek area - very noticeable.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered the Rose Tran DVD tonight to give it a try. I saw a youtube video of one of her exercises and it looked interestingly different. I'll post an update later Smile

packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
(2+ years to get most of the results I have). I got with FlexEffect, but only got the results I want when I started working ridiculously hard and placing my fingers where along the muscle that I wanted the build.

Hi cm, I was wondering if by this comment you mean that you place your thumb further up near the origin of the muscle. Did you see Loli's post about thumb placement for the zygomaticus major? A very good post complete with diagrams.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
That's great!!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Just stick with it - I promise you will! see results. Hugs !Sis
jenp7 wrote:
I ordered the Rose Tran DVD tonight to give it a try. I saw a youtube video of one of her exercises and it looked interestingly different. I'll post an update later Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
In short, I do.

I only purchased Flex Effect & Ageless and found FE helped me most.

I do have n/l fold and also the nasoyugal groove & only do FE every 2-3 days; otherwise, I find myself look very tired.

The trickiest thing I see (may apply to other people) is how we can ensure:
- that we use the right muscle
- that we isolate other muscle
- that we place the thumb in a correct position

If you can overcome the said three things, you may see the result in 2-3 months like what I do.
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I was using a toning device for a couple of months and think that it overbuilt the cheek area. The nasoliable folds are more accentuated and the nasoyugal grooves are now more pronounced will this go away if I stop the facersice?

TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Were you doing Facercise? If it was a device I suspect it was Flexaway. Were you doing both at the same sort of time. If so, then it should go away if you stop both.
echoecho wrote:
I was using a toning device for a couple of months and think that it overbuilt the cheek area. The nasoliable folds are more accentuated and the nasoyugal grooves are now more pronounced will this go away if I stop the facersice?
echoecho
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:48 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
Were you doing Facercise? If it was a device I suspect it was Flexaway. Were you doing both at the same sort of time. If so, then it should go away if you stop both.
echoecho wrote:

I was using Microcurrent devices like Facemaster, Eysee toning system, Seek Cheeks, slendertone face, etc. I was kind of chopping and changing but did stick to using microcurrent devices every night for two months. Really dont want to have a filler for something that was never an issue before.

System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |