Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Hi, has anyone tried an at home skin ultrasound machine, rop
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, came across this on another board, called a SkinDream ultrasound machine for at home use.
Web site iswww.mediconsult.tv (out of Germany).
Any thoughts? (good or bad, lol).

Soon my house will be overflowing with gadgets, lol!!
Unit is fairly pricey though, I believe $690.00 Canadian.
ailurophile
5% products discount

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:39 am      Reply with quote
WAY overpriced. you can find a decent ultrasound massager on ebay or online for under 100- the only think the german machine has is the ability to be cordless.

I like the ultrasound machines, although I prefer the spatula type (those run @ 500-1000).
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I've looked this up, and as far as I can tell, it isnt going to give you anything that a dermawand +lightstim gives.

Am I missing something?

I love my gadgets, and if this is a good one... Cool
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:14 pm      Reply with quote
I am interested too. You can get a good one between $100 ~ $300 (USD). I have looked for reviews as well but didn't find much.

I will post here if I find useful information.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
I bought one about 3 years ago (around $250 I think) but only used it few times. It's too hard to glide. A skin boutique SA told me that in Japan every woman has one.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Hi lipglossdoll - I couldn't open your link, so I'm not certain what type of ultrasound system you are interested in. What do you hope to achieve by having one? I would love to source an Ultrasound system that I can use for joint pain, facial firming and cellulite reduction (yeah, I know, I'm asking for the moon!). From what I understand, cellulite reduction can be achieved only by a machine that sends 2-3 MHz of ultrasound frequency. The at-home units I found below only send 1 MHz of frequency - which is suitable for facial firming and/or pain reduction. Has anyone else come across a system that offers ultrasound frequencies above 1 MHz??

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=26986&procid=50&catid=1247
https://secure.mendmeshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=32&osCsid=8f3d098125ea29978573456f1898d1e1

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
Hi lipglossdoll - I couldn't open your link, so I'm not certain what type of ultrasound system you are interested in. What do you hope to achieve by having one? I would love to source an Ultrasound system that I can use for joint pain, facial firming and cellulite reduction (yeah, I know, I'm asking for the moon!). From what I understand, cellulite reduction can be achieved only by a machine that sends 2-3 MHz of ultrasound frequency. The at-home units I found below only send 1 MHz of frequency - which is suitable for facial firming and/or pain reduction. Has anyone else come across a system that offers ultrasound frequencies above 1 MHz??

https://secure.mendmeshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=32&osCsid=8f3d098125ea29978573456f1898d1e1

My ultrasonic beauty device is 3mhz.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
One that looks nice because it has a combination of features is the Facemate 330. It's also listed on Ebay:
http://www.healthxp.com/ultrasonic-beauty-facemate-es330-p-171.html

• 1MHz Ultrasonic(Vibration: 1 million times/sec) Delivered by the larger disk. With the safe, special design of touched control panel, there are 8 intensities to induct ions deeply into any kind of skin. When without contact with skin at 5 seconds, the ultrasonic head will stop outputting wave (but the time is still running) avoiding any over heat and burnt out.

• 3MHz Ultrasonic (Vibration: 3 million times/sec) Delivered by the smaller disk. There are 8 intensities of inductions for inducting negative ions superficially into any kind of skin. Use 3MHz alternately with 1MHz, the effect can be enhanced.

• Negative ion
After using ultrasonic, inducting negative ion for 5 minutes can make skin softness and harmony

• Mixed wave micro current (good effect of removing furrow)
Use microwave to massage the face, it can activate cells, improve metabolism, hence extend the life cycle of cells and prevent furrow recurrence.

• High energy light (nano 660nm wave length)
Researches show that, when using low energy heliotheraphy narrow wave length together with ultrasonic, the light wave with wave length of 480nm ~880nm can activate enzyme C in the cell, to create more energy to accelerate the combination of DNA & RNA to make collagen fiber or motion fiber to eliminate the dead cells and impurities.

• Skin moisture test
It can test the skin if the skin is dry, average or moist. Moisturizer is recommended for dry skin while applying this device.

5% products discount

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
You can find 3-5mhz easily on ebay for home use.

As for the ultrasound spatula, it's great for gentle exfoliation and also for cleansing the skin and pores. As for a dermwand, that's not an anti-aging device either, although it's marketed as one. Any anti-aging effect of a high frequency machine is really secondary- what it does best is disinfect the skin.

I'm also talking in the context of giving facials as a professional, not necc, home use re: the spatula.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:50 am      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:

What have you got, Poohlisey, and are you pleased with it?
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:

Hi poohlisey - I just came across an Ultrasonic Facial Massager with Face Mate that looks interesting...it offers both 1 MHz and 3 MHz frequencies. Is this the same unit you are using? http://www.chiisland.com/ultrasound_beauty/face_mate.shtml. Oh, and what were you hoping to achieve with your device (and did it perform as you had hoped?).

Thanks for your help! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
One that looks nice because it has a combination of features is the Facemate 330. It's also listed on Ebay:
http://www.healthxp.com/ultrasonic-beauty-facemate-es330-p-171.html

Hi lunarmm - You are right, this device looks very interesting! I believe it is the exact same unit I found here http://www.chiisland.com/ultrasound_beauty/face_mate.shtml , except your source offers this device at a cheaper price ($239 vs. $279). I have not compared the shipping costs to see if this makes a difference (ebay can really sock it to you with inflated shipping rates at times). Based on first impressions though it looks really good!

Thanks so much for sharing! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Hi poohlisey - I just came across an Ultrasonic Facial Massager with Face Mate that looks interesting...it offers both 1 MHz and 3 MHz frequencies. Is this the same unit you are using? http://www.chiisland.com/ultrasound_beauty/face_mate.shtml. Oh, and what were you hoping to achieve with your device (and did it perform as you had hoped?).

Hi ScotsLass. Mine is only 3mhz. I got the UltraSonice Beauty Device SD-958. You don't want to mess with 1mhz on your face. Anything lower than 3mhz on the face, I heard can damage the tissues (especially soft face tissues). Also, my model is FDA approved, and is safe to use on the face, & eyes. You can't find it on ebay.

http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasonicBeauty/SonicBeauty/Index.shtml
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

Hi ScotsLass. Mine is only 3mhz. I got the UltraSonice Beauty Device SD-958. You don't want to mess with 1mhz on your face. Anything lower than 3mhz on the face, I heard can damage the tissues (especially soft face tissues). Also, my model is FDA approved, and is safe to use on the face, & eyes. You can't find it on ebay.

[url]http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasonicBeaut
y/SonicBeauty/Index.shtml[/url]

Are you pleased with it, Poohlisey? Does it do what it says?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
catski wrote:

Yes, I'm very please with it! To me, it does what it said on my face, because that's the only place I really use ultrasonic on so far. I've tried it on the legs 2x but since I only have 1 oz of conductive gel, I decided to try it on my body later. My face is the one that need serious care too Embarassed .

I love the results! It's the best beauty machine I've invested in Very Happy .
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I bought one about 3 years ago (around $250 I think) but only used it few times. It's too hard to glide. A skin boutique SA told me that in Japan every woman has one.

That's very interesting. Most Japanese women I have seen have very good skin and look younger than their ages. I wonder if it has something to do with ultrasound or some other gadgets. Very Happy
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
ScotsLass wrote:
poohlisey wrote:

http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasonicBeauty/SonicBeauty/Index.shtml

Thanks for the great link! This website carries a number of ultrasound beauty devices, including the Facemate ES 330 that intrigued lunarmm and myself. However, only two models are FDA approved (yours and one other). I am still wrapping my head around the dangers of using 1 MHz and 3 MHz ultrasound frequencies. Contrary to what I originally thought, 1 MHz frequency penetrates significantly deeper than 3 MHz. So 1 MHz is great for pain reduction, but can cause different forms of cellular damage should you use it as a skin rejuvenation treatment on your face (as you indicated above). 3 MHz frequency targets shallower areas and this was deemed safe and effective to use on your face. It's also effective for cellulite reduction as it again targets the shallow areas under the skin that contain the fat and toxins which create those nasty dimples. Apparently ultrasound can help break down those fatty deposits and firm the skin again.

ETA: Poohlisey - I am so glad to hear that you are so pleased with this device! How long have you been using it now and how often do you give yourself a treatment (every day, week, etc?). And how long is each treatment? Also, why did you choose this particular model when the website has other 3 MHz devices available? Was it strictly the FDA approval? Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass--

Sorry, I forgot to answer you other question on how i liked mine. I got this to improve my skin conditions, such as acne, pore size, etc. I didn't get it to get rid fat excess or anything. 1mhz is aim at larger muscles areas. 3mhz is good for facial. I really LOVE this device! I'm really satisfied with the results. Smaller pores, smoother skin, firmer skin, etc!
If you do get it, never use it without a conducting gel. I tried it without a conducting gel and it didn't do anything for my face, until I started using it with a conducting gel. This machine has given me clear skin for 3 months.
Smile

poohlisey wrote:
catski wrote:

Yes, I'm very please with it! To me, it does what it said on my face, because that's the only place I really use ultrasonic on so far. I've tried it on the legs 2x but since I only have 1 oz of conductive gel, I decided to try it on my body later. My face is the one that need serious care too Embarassed .

I love the results! It's the best beauty machine I've invested in Very Happy .
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
sorry for the double post.. my computer is acting up.

ScotsLass,

I got it because it's the safest one to use for the face, hence it's FDA approved. I use it everynight for 10 minutes before I go to bed on the weekdays. On the weekends, I use it for longer than 10 minutes, love the special treatments! It makes my skin really moisturized and soft. You can use it on your eye areas too! It does a great job for depuffing the eyes. The face mate looks good, but I really don't like multipurpose devices, they tend to break easier on me. I've been using this device for 3 months now. Smile
ScotsLass
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey - this is starting to make me pee from laughter Laughing Laughing Laughing !!! Every time I attempt to reply to your post, you are replying to mine - it's like a serious game of keyboard TAG!!!

Thanks for answering my questions and sharing your experience with this very interesting device! I am definitely going to look into it further Exclamation

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
ScotsLass wrote:
poohlisey - this is starting to make me pee with laughter Laughing Laughing Laughing !!! Every time I attempt to reply to your post, you are replying to mine - it's like a serious game of keyboard TAG!!!

Thanks for answering my questions and sharing your experience with this very interesting device! I am definitely going to look into it further Exclamation

LOL! Laughing I've never tried HA with the device. I was going to get cilabo aqua sonic device before, but after looking at the price, it broke my heart. I have to admit, I am happy with my UltraSonic SD-958!! Very Happy I tried CiLabo conducting gel with my Ultrasonic, but it didn't give great results as the one that came with my Ultrasonic.

This is CiLabo Aqua Sonic Device:

http://cilabousa.com/en/product_beauty.asp
Odile
5% products discount

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks poohlisey!

Great site.
Have any of you taken a look at the new models they have? Ultrasound/LED sounds like best of both worlds?
I'm still deciding about adding bells and whistles or not...!!! Very Happy
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Odile wrote:
Thanks poohlisey!

Great site.
Have any of you taken a look at the new models they have? Ultrasound/LED sounds like best of both worlds?

I am having a "senior moment". What model are you looking at that is Ultrasound/Led? Please forgive me for my ignorance.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:40 pm      Reply with quote
I found the Facemate for significantly less on Ebay:
http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=Facemate

I think the 1mhz is made for muscle aches / injuries on body. 3mhz for face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:34 am      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
Odile wrote:
Thanks poohlisey!

Great site.

I am having a "senior moment". What model are you looking at that is Ultrasound/Led? Please forgive me for my ignorance.

You can find quite a few with ultrasound/infrared combined.

http://www.ib3health.com/products/UltrasonicBeauty/Index.shtml
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |