Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Wanna know what the doc pays for the wrinkle filler?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
Go here: http://www.axonmedicalsupplies.com/ You'll recognize the product names.

Restylane, for example, is $135/syringe. A normal retail markup is 400% of cost, so the $500/syringe price to us makes sense; but their is wiggle room if you want to negotiate.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well, now I feel pretty good about paying 350.00 for the syringe of Juvederm I just had injected from my doc's office, considering the site sells the syringe for 329.00. (That would be if I had the nerve to inject it myself. Crying or Very sad )

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Do you like it? Where did you get it injected? And is that all you'll ever pay or was it an introductory price?

I'm thinking about it since reading that fillers from hyaluronic acid actually reverse sun damage.
Patty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds like he's making a fortune. But you also have to take into account the money he paid for training and the liability insurance he pays. It all adds up.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:29 am      Reply with quote
I did like Juvederm way better than restyline as far as smoothness and no bumps or clumps. Leaves a cleaner look and fills almost flawlessly, which you don't always get with resty. It did bruise more though on me and the pain level was about the same, maybe a LITTLE bit less. It normally is about 450.00 a syringe, comparable to the resty. My doc/med spa runs specials about every 3 months on that or botox.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
What about the bumps? Are they noticeable and do they have to be touched up? That's something I wondered about - if there would be bumps - and how long it would take for them to be absorbed.

Pain doesn't worry me at all.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have had a couple of bumps with the resty. Nothing major, just at the injection site. They are gone now but it took a couple of months. I have had no bumps or that "lumpy" feeling where the HA is with the Juvederm at all. The pain to me is not relevant, as I would do it anyway to achieve the results that I get from it. That to me makes it well worth it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
As a nurse, I wonder if I could inject myself??
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
Annie, thank you. If and when I do it, I'll use Juvederm or maybe Radiesse if anyone has good experience with it. It's helpful to know what to expect.
chinachatters
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Chrissie, of course you can inject yourself if you know where to put it! You can inject other people, too, if you're a nurse.

I have a feeling about the site I posted. It seems that physicians would get their fillers and botox straight from the drug companies and not need some middle man. My experience is that there are always drug co. reps wandering in and out, leaving samples, bringing lunch, etc., when I go to doctors on Fridays.

So that got me thinking that the online source might not be firm about selling to medical professionals only.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
I need another Botox injection in my forehead. The next time I go, I'm going to pay very close attention and ask a ton of questions about the injections. I may try this next time. I guess the first issue is getting these folks to send me some Botox....
kyplantjunkie
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:44 am      Reply with quote
I haven't tried it myself yet, but the acne.org forums have a lot of info on injecting fillers yourself. Go to their main page, scroll down to scar treatment. Go to the 2nd page of that section and there is a lengthy thread about injecting yourself. Smile
Robin
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
One thing in favor of Restylane: I read recently in Feb'07 Archives of Dermatology that the hyaluronic acid in it and similar injectables has been proven to trigger the growth of collagen by the fibroblasts in the skin. I would think someone exper in inject technique would have more luck in a good result. The drug rep can do it even - sometimes you can get injections @wholesale cost from the rep if she/he is training a doctor in the technique. It doesn't hurt to ask!/Might help! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
kyplantjunkie wrote:
I haven't tried it myself yet, but the acne.org forums have a lot of info on injecting fillers yourself. Go to their main page, scroll down to scar treatment. Go to the 2nd page of that section and there is a lengthy thread about injecting yourself. Smile
Robin

and I'm off to the acne.org sites............
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |