Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Increasing your Energy levels???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I'm currently in the middle of allergy season in humid melbourne right now, and I am literally dragging myself around during the day. I've never felt so tired and lethargic, nor taken a sick day before because I just can't move off the couch Sad !

I have stopped the anti-histamines as I was on a roller coaster of felling awake and then crashing down, besides they were so expensive in the end taking them every day. I also have a nasal and inhaled steroid that I have to take to avoid the allergy symptoms including the runny eyes, sneezing and wheezing Crying or Very sad .

I am looking at seeing an allergist, but I'm afraid they will tell me to get rid of my persian (he does seem to inflame the symptoms sometimes - probably because of the pollen he brings in on his fur.), and there is no way I would do this. Mad

Any other suggestions about boosting energy levels - tried iron tonics, basic supermarket multi-vitamins, and drinking extra water during the day. Also stopped the wine for a couple of weeks, but didnt help (since I was only having two glasses every couple of nights anyway....)

Any help appreciated!!! Very Happy
Chocolat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
Melissa, you might try supplements of quercitin and olive leaf extract which help with allergies by enhancing the immune system, as does beta-glucans and medicinal mushrooms. It might sound weird, but a sinus wash will help wash allergens out rather than just suppress your histamine reaction (which is what the sprays & steroids are doing). Get a neti pot and make a solution of 1 C warm water, 1/4 tsp salt, pinch of baking soda, and wash out your sinuses. If you google 'neti pot' you should find lots of info. My husband really suffers from allergies, and just starting rinsing his sinuses and has had an incredible amount of relief, quickly. When your allergies are under control your energy will probably return.

You could also google 'oil pulling' which sounds really weird but is supposed to pull toxins out. I haven't done it yet but I keep telling myself I'll try it. I know it's frustrating to find something that helps. HTH
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:23 pm      Reply with quote
Melissa, how about some exercises? Going to the gym always boosts my energy level. Yoga before sleep and/or after wake-up may help too.

Good luck Smile
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:23 am      Reply with quote
Ditto what Chocolat had to say. If you use as directed, you get used to it & it's very effective.
I'd go ahead & go to the allergist. It might be something in addition to the baby. Something could be triggering it in your household. Carpets hold tons of junk that effects us. No matter how much you vaccumn. Good luck!
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
Have you had your iron checked? You may have low iron. Alpha lipoic acid helps with energy as well.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
You guys are brilliant!

Chocloat - loving all your suggestions - am going to try this week! Havent googled the "oil-pulling" yet, but sounds intriguing!

I've also purchased some natural teas to try - love my tea, so cant hurt. Also looked into natural therapies last night - apparently my health insurance will cover ayurvedic treatment, and maybe this might help? Being a scientist, its taken me a while to come around to the idea of natural therapies - but it does have a long history of 5000 years, and if I dont have to fork out for it, why not??? Shock

Will let you know how I go!!

Thanks again for all your replies, was getting at my wits end. Crying or Very sad
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Melissa, ditto all the above sugs, plus what works best for me is a homeopathic remedy made by Heel called "Sinus and Allergy". It just works on the symptoms and doesn't make me drowsy or too dry. It's the allergies themselves making you so tired. I have hay fever here in the US so bad all summer/fall and this works the best! Plus it's so cheap and no prescription needed. Good luck! fawnie

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi Melissa, i am feeling just like yourself at the moment - I am about 200km from Melbourne, i think alot is to do with the ridiculous weather we have been having. Having a massage to release all the toxins and lactic acid in your body may help - so my massage person told me today apparently this helps your energy levels. Also exercise is a must Smile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |