Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
DARN CRIMINALS...I HAVE ANOTHER WORD FOR THEM, BUT...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I can't use that language on here...

Just thought I'd share my disasterous overnighter to the city with you all. DH and I don't get out to do much anymore, so we thought we'd take a trip to the city about 2 hours away. We took our 10 month old son and were happy to just get out and do something, I was so excited to get some much needed shopping done, and browse the big city malls.

Everything was going great, my son slept the whole 2 hour trip there, we checked into our hotel room and it was a great room, we then went out to the mall and did a little bit of shopping, but not too much because we were planning to spend the next day just wandering around the mall etc.

Well things came to a screaming halt when my hubby went to start the truck up the next morning to grab us a coffee and a bite to eat. He arrived back shortly and stormed into the room and said, "It's GONE!!" And I said, "What's gone?" (Still have that damn "mommy brain") he said, "The truck, its gone, somebody STOLE it"!!!!! OMG!!! All that morning dh spent dealing with the police, and about 2 hours later the police called to say they found it abandoned, the key hole was punched out, they busted the steering column with a hammer or something to hot wire it, and just went and ditched the vehicle somewhere!! Not only that, they stole or threw out our son's carseat, his blankie, stuffed monkey and the window shade coverings. Crying or Very sad

Now we are talking about a $45,000 Chev Avalanche...you'd think with the price of these vehicles the car manufacturers would make them a bit harder for car thieves to get their slimy paws on nowadays? Geeze, you'd think with all the computer technology they could come up with something Question Dh says they should make the air bag deploy when someone trys to tamper with the steering column, and squish the b@st@rds. Even the guy at the tow yard said that most of these car thieves can get through pretty much any anti-theft device on most vehicles, he also said you're best bet on keeping your car safe is the "club", that thing you attach to your steering wheel. But call us small town nieve, I just couldn't believe this happened to us!!

Needless to say, the rest of our trip was ruined. Carter and I spent the whole day in the hotel room (if anyone has ever spent a day in a small room with an active 10 month old, you'll know what I'm talking about), while dh ran around to rent a car, buy a new baby seat, etc. etc. Not only that, the truck's lease was due to expire 2 DAYS after it was stolen!! What a major PITA!!!

Damn criminals. Mad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
Man that is horrible!! At least all of y'all are safe. It still is a PITA. Nothing but sympathy for you.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am so sorry that it happened to you. However, the most important thing is that nothing happened to you and all of you are fine. Sad
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sooo sorry ... that's IS horrible. Sad Like doba said, atleast you and your family are ok. That totally sucks though. What a way to ruin your weekend away. I hope you get through all the insurance stuff as easy as possible.
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:16 pm      Reply with quote
moosette, I am so sorry to hear that. I agree with doba and moonstarr, at least your family is safe and that is the most important thing. I hope the criminals will be caught soon and get the punishments they deserve.

Take care.

Jasmine
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:31 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear this.. I hate criminals too. Mad But I'm glad you and your family are safe.. that's all it matters. Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:32 am      Reply with quote
Moosette

That is a horrible thing. It's awful that these crooks find it easier to take what someone else has worked hard for rather than bothering to work for a living and buy their own stuff.

So glad that you & family are safe.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:12 am      Reply with quote
That's horrible, the b*stards!

Where was it parked, in the hotel car park? Did the area have CCTV cameras?

I hope you can sort out everything as easily and quickly as possible.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
That's terrible! I'm sorry to hear. Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:11 am      Reply with quote
{{moosette}} I am so sorry to hear that! I know it's a huge hassle and a lot of additional stress.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:32 am      Reply with quote
That is so awful, what a pain for you all! Glad you are all safe though, this kind of thing really makes you think the worst about what could happen.
moosette
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:

Where was it parked, in the hotel car park? Did the area have CCTV cameras?

We thought we parked it in a safe place, actually dh even said, "Lets park in front of the lobby, under this street light, It will be safer here." I don't think it matters where you park, even if they do have surveillance cameras, the crooks will still take your vehicle.

We actually had an episode at another hotel in the same city one time. It wasn't a theft, but someone took a key and scratched the entire passenger side of that same vehicle! When we approached the hotel about it, they said their cameras weren't working at the time! We never stayed at that hotel again, they never even did anything, they only asked if we wanted the cops phone #. At least the hotel where the truck was stolen were nice enough to get ahold of the police for us, pay for our room and buy us breakfast!

I'm kinda glad the lease is over with that truck. It has been a target since we've had it! In the past three years it has had 4 insurance claims that were no fault of our own. One was mother nature, hail damage...another was vandalism in our back yard at home, someone kicked the drivers side door in...the vandalism at the hotel, and now the theft...hopefully we can get a break soon!

As I watched my son sleeping in his new carseat in the back of the rental car on the way home, I thought about how lucky we were to all be safe and sound, thats truley what matters most! Thankyou for your kind replies everyone!Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I don't usually believe in car karma, but that truck sounds like it was made from steel that was in Hitler's car or something. That thing definately had bad mojo. It's a good thing you're getting rid of it, you and you family will be much safer. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Aw that really sucks Sad

At least it was just property and a ruined weekend. It could have been so much worse.

Glad all of you are safe and sound.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:39 pm      Reply with quote
mper1327 wrote:
I don't usually believe in car karma, but that truck sounds like it was made from steel that was in Hitler's car or something. That thing definately had bad mojo. It's a good thing you're getting rid of it, you and you family will be much safer. Smile

I was thinking same thing, ouch to that truck, 3 times??? Whatever color it is, don't repeat it or make or model or hell don't even get a truck. And ditto on glad yall are all safe and were not in it at time of theft..
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm so sorry!
Those heartless dogs, how could they do that even when they see a car seat and the baby things in the back? That is disgusting.
CG
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
So sorry to hear about the truck! That sucks, especially with a child involved. I hate these thieves. I'm glad you and your family are ok.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |