Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Vitamin C and Apple experiment w/pictures
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting the pics, great experiment. Smile
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
I'll have to try my skinceuticals C E Ferulic on one. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:39 am      Reply with quote
wow, thanks for letting us know!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
Ok, So I had read here on the forum about someone putting vit. C serum on an apple and that it slows down the "aging" of the apple, the browning of it. I decided to do alittle experiment. You will see numbers next to the apple pieces, these refer to:
1 - Candessence C, E Ferulic
2 - Candessence Triple C
3 - PSF Vitamin C serum 12%
4 - Nothing

Amy, what % of C,E,Ferulic did you use in your experiment? I noticed that Candy sells 10% and 20%. I wonder if the better result has anything to do with the Ferulic acid since the Triple C and PSF Vit C don't have it.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
Thanks for sharing amylola. Interesting about CEF versus Triple C - it just confirms what a few knowledgeable people have been saying; that ferulic acid stabilizes L-Ascorbic Acid and thus extends its free radical scavenging functions for a relatively longer period of time.

The Triple C serum would contain a lot more Vitamin C than the CEF serum, but its free radical scavenging fades more quickly when exposed to air.

Yeah, my thoughts previously.
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl - it was 10%
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
amylola wrote:
bkkgirl - it was 10%

That's great. Would you have any idea why one may need the 20% version?
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl - I think you work up to it, after using the 10% for a while.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Fantastic experiment Amylola! Ok...I'm sold. Where do you buy Candessence C or the Triple C? I am very new to using C Serums. I am on my first tube of Skin Medica's Vit C Complex. I checked under EDS's product lines but didn't see Candessence and when I googled it, the only hits were discussions on this forum. Can anyone help?
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.candessence.com/SkinCare.html
amylola
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
Yes that is where I get it!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:19 pm      Reply with quote
Great experiment amylola! I had similar results with Candy's Triple C on a piece of apple. I thought it was pretty good though I was puzzled that the Triple C didn't result in more anti-ox. Perhaps the C + Ferulic have more anti-ox. Thank you for taking the time to do this and post.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the link! Ok..now, when do you apply the Vit C products? AM? PM? Right now I am using the Skin Medica C in the AM and my Tazorac in the PM.
katya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
Cool ! Realy nice lab experiment. Im totaly suprise ! I got a sample of PSF in my bathroom , I dont use it..I think I will now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I use the Vit. C in the a.m. cause I use super CP serum in the p.m. and you need to use them 12 hours apart.
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:05 am      Reply with quote
i've done this experiment too... as i recall from my experiment, is clinical and philosophy hope and prayer are the best. they made the apple slices stayed fresh looking for a couple of days....
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:55 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the great post and pics. I have been using Candessence's DMAE 6% Serum and Candessence's Firming Serum (Matrixyl 3000) and really loving them.

Although I am not ready to give up my SkinCeuticals C E + Ferulic, after reading this post, I may reconsider. Laughing

Thanks again Amylola!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Candy is a forum member here, yes? Sorry for being out of the "loop".
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:47 am      Reply with quote
SourApple wrote:
Candy is a forum member here, yes? Sorry for being out of the "loop".

yes, she is.
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
I put some Skinceuticals C E Ferulic and some homemade serum ( that was going a bit yellow) on an apple. Neither apple has turned brown yet 12 hrs later.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:36 pm      Reply with quote
Very cool experiment!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
The results look good. Thanks amylola.

Do you know whether the first one will work for sensitive skin? After a few bad reactions to things I tried on my face, I am more cautious now.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
Thanks for the link! Ok..now, when do you apply the Vit C products? AM? PM? Right now I am using the Skin Medica C in the AM and my Tazorac in the PM.

Both Candy and Kathleen (skincarecentral.biz) told me to use Vit C serum only in the morning.
Carzie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Cool experiment! Thanks for showing us your findings!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Fantastic experiment!

Thank you.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |