Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Decleor balm seems to have crystallized?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
My Angelique night balm is gritty, somehow, but it doesn't smell odd, or anything. How could such a thing happen? Is there anything I could do, and is it OK to use it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 4:50 pm      Reply with quote
Never had that happen to me before Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
The balms are usually very smooth, that does sound odd. I haven't seen that happen before either.
Nemi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:12 am      Reply with quote
Maybe I have exposed it to temperature differences, somehow? It gets smooth again when I warm it between my fingers, and as I already mentioned, it doesn't smell odd, or anything.

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:38 am      Reply with quote
That's odd. I had my Decleor balms for ages and they are still smooth. Mind you, not much temperature variation here. I do recall someone saying that their Decleor lip balm went funny after it had melted once in hot weather, so perhaps this is temp related as you say.

How long have you had it for? I wouldn't be too worried about using it if it still feels and smells the same as before...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:07 am      Reply with quote
I've had it for some time (stored in the back of my bathroom cabinet), I made the mistake of buying the 30-ml-size, which I will not be able to empty in a lifetime. Sad And with my tendency to hopping between lines and discovering new miracle products....Embarassed

Maybe I should get a new one? The nearest salon has a "buy the aromessence, get a night balm for free" offer at the moment. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
I've had it for some time (stored in the back of my bathroom cabinet),maybe close to two years? I made the mistake of buying the 30-ml-size, which I will not be able to empty in a lifetime. Sad And with my tendency to hopping between lines and discovering new miracle products....Embarassed

Maybe I should get a new one? The nearest salon has a "buy the aromessence, get a night balm for free" offer at the moment. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
I do not think the graininess is a problem or indication that it has gone bad. I have a balm (not decleor, but similar) that tend to get a bit grainy in cool tempratures and smoother when I turn the heat on in my bathroom. Laughing If it does not contain beeswax etc I think it is more sensitive to temprature changes. And you could always ask in your salon.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:49 am      Reply with quote
Thank you! I think I'll try and use it up. At the moment, I'd rather buy some new spring clothes. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
I had that happen with a sample tube that I forgot about so I breathed on it with some hot air and and rubbed the graininess out a bit, which seemed to work for me.

Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |