Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Dr. Hauschka facial
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 12:22 am      Reply with quote
Well, here it is, my post about the facial I had this morning with Dr. H. products, will be quite long but I'll try and make it entertaining and interesting.

Okay, so, I turn up at the aestheticians *love the way they are called that* and she starts me off with a sage foot bath just to relax, calm down while we chatted about Dr. H products, my skin etc. etc.

Next, (after I've stripped off and she's got rid of the foot soak) I lie down and get treated to a leg massage *oops, hadn't shaved legs this morning!* with the rosemary body oil, then an arm, neck and head massage all with the lavender body oil. At this stage I'm thinking,this is great but get on with the face stuff!

So, first I get my face cleansed with the cleansing cream *okay, a total convert to this now Mabsy*, then after that was wiped off, I got a lavender scented warm compress on my face - very pleasant and left my skin feeling very nice. Then she got the horrible lit magnifying mirror from hell and commented on all the bad things about my skin *always traumatic*.

From here we moved onto a herbal steam bath (more like the warm compress, I didn't actually have to get up and steam my face) then the clay mask. Now, this was great, she brushed it on and left it to dry and put a wheat bag over my eyes which was just a nice level of pressure.

After this mask had dried, and was wiped off with tepid water, I was treated to lymphatic stimulation. Now this kind of scared me a bit, not sure what was going to happen here but she lightly rolled her hands over my face towards my hair line then used two brushes to do sort of the same thing. This was really nice actually, and I thought I could almost feel the lymph moving through my skin better *maybe this was just wishful thinking*.

Then an ampoule of the rhythmic night conditioner was put on, followed by a fine layer of the rejuvenating mask. While this was absorbed I was treated to a fantastic neck and shoulder massage *so, totally having the best day EVER at this stage*. When it had been absorbed, she wiped off what was left then applied a tepid compress of lemon bath then another layer of the rejuvenating mask (will tell you about this below), then some of the Dr. H. Translucent makeup, with a bit of extra quince day cream on my cheeks (a bit dry).

So, now to the products.
The cleansing cream - love it, bought some.
Clay mask - love it, bought some.
Rhythmic night conditioner - would like to get this actually, but am not using all of the Dr. H stuff so will probably use up my Dermalogica before totally moving on.
Rejuvenating mask - now this you can apparently also use as a day moisturiser, but only in a thin layer. This is probably because it soaks in to the skin and is fantastic *how many times have I said that so far?*

Overall, my skin looked fantastic, glowing, smaller pores etc. etc. and I'm still loving it nearly 8 hours later, no extra oil or breakouts - fantastic. I will definitely be trying the other products once I have got abit further through my Derm stuff and will DEFINITELY be going to see the aesthetician again!

WARNING: one thing the aesthetician did say was that she wasn't sure how the Dr. H products would fit in with my other products, especially those that stay on the skin (toner, moisturiser especially), so I chose products that could fit in with my current regime but wouldn't sta on the skin. I thought this was interesting, and is probably related to the philosophy of Dr. H.

Okay, the end of my massive novel of a post, feel free to ask questions, I've probably forgotten some stuff!
Mabsy

Tue Jun 15, 2004 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Oh you lucky girl you! That sounds like bliss! I've got to find out where I can get one of these in Brisbane (if anywhere Rolling Eyes ). Thanks so much for posting the review of it, I'm really glad you liked the cleansing cream too!

And of course, I do have questions Embarassed Could you describe how the cleansing cream was applied? I use a combo of kneading/pressing and massage movements with my fingers. It seems to work well for me but I'm just wondering how the Dr H aestheticians do it.

Also, thanks for the feedback on the mask. I actually have read that quite a few people use the rhythmic night conditioner and a thin layer of the mask as an overnight treatment (so they actually use the conditioner once a week instead of a course of 28 days). Thanks for clearing up the mask vs cream situation, I heard that too and was getting a tad confuzzled Laughing

Now I really want to try the clay mask too though Rolling Eyes Is it hard to do? From what I remember it's actually powder that you have to mix in with water to make into a paste? Is this easy? I remember my "just a bit more water... damn.... just a bit more powder.....crap!.... a tad more water then....etc" experiments with the Burt's Bees Green Goddess mask which came in powder version Embarassed I sucked at getting it to the right consistency....

Can't wait to get my hands on the steam concentrate and mask, I'm gonna have myself a DIY facial Very Happy Very Happy

Mabsy
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
And of course, I do have questions Embarassed Could you describe how the cleansing cream was applied? I use a combo of kneading/pressing and massage movements with my fingers. It seems to work well for me but I'm just wondering how the Dr H aestheticians do it.

Okay, I'll try and describe it. First she mixed the cream with a bit of water (actually she suggests only using just bigger than a pea size of the cream) so it was quite smushy, then she put it on her hands then put them vertical on my face *so I would do it by covering my eyes with the heel of my hands on my chin* then kind of presses down then lifts her hands off in a rolling motion towards the edge of my face *does that make sense?* So it's kind of a pressing and roll/lifting your hands off...?

Mabsy wrote:
Also, thanks for the feedback on the mask. I actually have read that quite a few people use the rhythmic night conditioner and a thin layer of the mask as an overnight treatment (so they actually use the conditioner once a week instead of a course of 28 days). Thanks for clearing up the mask vs cream situation, I heard that too and was getting a tad confuzzled Laughing

Yes, although Dr H doesn't believe in night treatments, she suggested that I could benefit from using the rejuv mask everyday as my day moisturiser as it is good for clearing blemishes *damn those teenage years* and giving a healthy glow.

Mabsy wrote:
Now I really want to try the clay mask too though Rolling Eyes Is it hard to do? From what I remember it's actually powder that you have to mix in with water to make into a paste? Is this easy? I remember my "just a bit more water... damn.... just a bit more powder.....crap!.... a tad more water then....etc" experiments with the Burt's Bees Green Goddess mask which came in powder version Embarassed I sucked at getting it to the right consistency....

Yeah, not looking forward to this, I can see making loads of it too, more water, more mask, more water... She suggested to start with less than you think you'll need in case of accidents! Also that if you DO make too much, cover it with gladwrap *not sure what you Australians call that, clingfilm?*, keep it away from the light and it'll be fine to reuse. Did I also say that you can mix the steam bath with the clay powder to make the mask? She also suggested re-wetting it, as it was more active when it was wet *isn't it weird that I am remembering all this stuff the day after, must have been swept away by the moment!* So you steam first with the bath, then make the clay mask with a bit of the bath and also a bit of water, then put it on, lay back and think of England!

Mabsy wrote:
Can't wait to get my hands on the steam concentrate and mask, I'm gonna have myself a DIY facial Very Happy Very Happy

Oh yes, guess what I'm doing this Saturday when Kiwiboy is out of town!!!

So last night I used my usual routine of Dermlogica essential cleansing cream, Derm. toner then Decleor essential balm, but this morning used the Dr H cleansing cream and today my skin feels great, really hydrated and rosy and just nice! Am very impressed with the whole experience actually, and it fits well with my sort of personal ideals too about not putting too much nasty stuff into/onto your body if you can help it!
Mabsy

Wed Jun 16, 2004 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kiwigirl!

I'll be trying out my "amended" technique tomorrow and see if it's harder/easier/better/etc.

I'm really tempted by the clay mask but I think I might just wait and see how you go with it before I commit myself to it Laughing

Thanks again for all the Dr H feedback! Oh yeah, I checked and could not find a place in Brisbane that does a Dr H facial. Plenty do a Jurlique one though so perhaps I might try that....

Mabsy
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:29 am      Reply with quote
sounds like it was nice and relaxing with the foot soak and massaging.

I want one Sad Very Happy
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
Check out the webpages of Dr H, the NZ one had a list of aestheticians in each area, so I assume the English site will probably be the same?
Mabsy, bummer that there isn't such a wide range of places offering Dr H or aestheticians *I just love writing that* in Qld that use these products, maybe you should start making some enquiries with your local salons/health-food shops? Watch this space for info re clay mask, very excited about it though...
maddy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:54 pm      Reply with quote
i know this is probably really old post, and people may have finished with it but Mabsy have just found website that lists places where estheticians who use dr.hauschka in australia are listed- was actually at the top of eds website. anyway, is http://www.drhauschka.com.au/availability_estheticians.html. there is one in st.lucia- in brisbane i think?
anyway, sorry if you already know this (is entirely possible) but got to this posting as a link from another one, and noticed that you couldn't find one in australia. Laughing
Mabsy

Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:53 am      Reply with quote
Shock Thanks Maddy! Didn't even think to check on the website Brick wall Funny thing is that I'm at St Lucia at least once a week these days so the location is quite handy. I've never heard of the place though. I'll have to look into it. Thanks again!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:29 am      Reply with quote
This may have already been covered in another thread somewhere, but the queries on the Dr H clay mask caught my eye....

I had purchased it a long time ago and then never used it because the mixing didn't excite me...laughing. I recently bought it again (forgetting that I had one at the back of the cupboard).

When I used it, I found that the consistency wasn't as thick as I thought it would be - in fact, I thought seriously about putting more of the powder in, but called a friend who had urged me to use it in the first place... She assured me it was just fine as it was. I just followed the one-to-one directive on the instruction sheet, mixed it, and brushed it on and went to lay down.

This stuff is just FANTASTIC. I have pretty oily skin and it seems that there is always a trade-off between really feeling like my skin is clean and fresh but NOT dried or overly taut. No worries with this stuff. It does everything it promises to do and is, at least by my standard, pretty reasonably priced. I only use it once a week or so - maximum every 5 days - and the jar lasts quite a while.

Back in the day that I experimented with the whole nine yards and tried the soup to nuts Dr H regimen (which didn't quite work for me...), I hated those damn ampules!!! But, I'm fascinated by the idea of using them with the masks.... I'm definitely going to experiment !
rzecka
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 12:10 pm      Reply with quote
Oooh I think there must be something in the water! I'm currently riding high on the Dr H bandwagon too! Very Happy Very Happy
MaryR
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
OMG!!!! this makes me what to rush out and get a dr H facial right now!! (wouldn't be very prudent as I am currently in my pj's)
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 21, 2008 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm reviving this post - I've been thinking about getting a Dr. H facial, but I'd have to travel a bit to get it, so I want to make sure it's worth all the effort. Has anyone had one recently and can recommend it? I'd be particularly interested in anyone who has had one in the northeast US. (I know there are places in Northampton & Kripalu in MA has them). Anyone?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the same thing recently so I went to their site, the US one. I clicked on Spa/Store Locator. And I found I could enter my zip code and radius miles I would travel. It helps to unclick the 'stores' so you just see the places offering spa services.

I was so excited to find one here in Seattle and one on the other side of the lake. I had emailed them a few years ago and they said there was no one. So these must be relatively new.

So I'm going to call tomorrow to ask about how much it costs and how long it is. I'm a little afraid. The website says it's about 2 hours so that sounds expensive (but heavenly).

Anyway, I tried to post the link for the locator but I couldn't get it to work.

Michele

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I used the link too - and checked out a couple of places. I think the two hour one costs about $125 around here, and there are several shorter ones that cost about $95.

I assume that some spas are better than others, so would love recommendations.

But if you go, let me know how it was! I'm probably going to make an appointment for towards the end of May.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks! I used the link too - and checked out a couple of places. I think the two hour one costs about $125 around here, and there are several shorter ones that cost about $95. But the closest one to me is about an hour and a half away.

I assume that some spas are better than others, so would love recommendations.

But if you go, let me know how it was! I'm probably going to make an appointment for towards the end of May.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:49 pm      Reply with quote
I wonder if we can get a Dr. H facial in Toronto...
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I live in Toronto too. I would try Pure and Simple, they have 3 locations (and a website), and use organic products only. I have had several wonderful facials there and they sell Dr. H., Jurelique and other products.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |