Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)
Advice needed about gym attire and how to hide..(ahem)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Okay it seems as thought I'm the only one that experiences this from what I can see. I'll just come right out and say it..nipple hard-ons. When I'm at the gym, it tends to be a little cool and while working out and definitely after they love to salut! Confused . It's quite embarrassing and try to cover it by putting the towel over my shoulders to at least hide one of them or cross my arms across my chest.

I wear a decent sportsbra and it goes right through that and then the shirts too! I do tend to wear more fitted attire when working out because I can't bare to wear baggy clothing when I run as it feels weird to me. Anyhow does anyone else experience this??? Because I look around the gym at other women to see if this happens to them, but with no luck..it's ONLY me!

I've tried wearing two sportsbras but that's just too darn uncofortable, I've even put bandages/bandaids over them and that still doesn't work!
Any solutions or advice about this?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi ariesxtreme:

....remind me again why you consider this a "problem"?

Surprised

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
Such a typical male response Laughing . Exactly why I think it's a problem, I don't need men gawking at me when I'm working out, makes me feel uncomfortable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:44 pm      Reply with quote
How about folding a kleenex into four and putting that inside your bra? Failing that, you could always give up the gym! Wink
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
You know I'm just joking with you right?! But, yes it is a typical male response. I will admit, I go to the gym to:

1) Get bigger and maintain my muscle size
2) Help Sandy get a good workout
3) Watch Sandy get a good workout
4) Watch the other fine looking ladies get a good workout!

...this might be a bit of a painful solution, but have you tried some "tape" underneath your tops?

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried kleenex and tried scotch tape, doesn't work. It unbuckles as soon as I get the chills.

Just that after a good run I'm all sweaty, so once I get off the treadmill any air that hits me makes me get goosebumps and so forth. So lifting afterwards is quite unpleasant and I hate to skip the workout because of this since it happens all the time.

Seriously, I'm the only one this happens to?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
Julie,

Target carries the Champion Jogbra with great support and also a "band" so the girls don't "nip-out" during your workout. They're less than $20.00 (or used to be).

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ari,

Thanks for the heads up, will check them out since I have to go tonight anyhow.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
Aries, you can also try pasties--- they sell them on the VS website. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
I used to wear cutton nursins pads when I was nursing. The pads are thick, so I think you can try these under your sportsbra. It seems nothing could get through these nursting pads. LOL

I have a similar problem, and I think other girls may, too, but either they don't care or they cover it up well. I actually don't look at who's looking at me, so I don't know if anyone is looking, and I work out in oblivion. My boyfriend often told me all these guys were checking me out, and I had no idea. Ignorance can be bliss! Laughing
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:27 am      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:

Pasties!? Maybe only the other Brits will get this one, but do you have visions of Cornish pasties?! Now that's gotta smart!

(A pastie in the UK, is a meat and potato pie that the miners use to take to work)!
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:36 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

Pasties!? Maybe only the other Brits will get this one, but do you have visions of Cornish pasties?! Now that's gotta smart!

(A pastie in the UK, is a meat and potato pie that the miners use to take to work)!

Well, as long as they're not fresh out of the oven, it should be okay. Laughing

You can actually buy little nipple "flowers" - which are probably something like your American pasties. (Don't they have twirly tassles, though? Not that I'd know about that kind of thing, of course. Angel )
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:58 am      Reply with quote
sarahb wrote:
manslayerliz wrote:

That was exactly what I thought!! They would certainly hide the problem though Laughing .

Seriously, there are some good suggestions here but honestly I think you'd be surprised how little attention people pay to those around them in the gym, you may be the only one who ever notices this.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 7:16 am      Reply with quote
What I do when I hit the gym is to wear a swimsuit over tights :P Since after my workout I'll either go into the sauna & steamroom or go for a swim I find it works out just fine for me and the pads in the swimsuit avoids any ahem... Very Happy And I think even if you do not wish to hit the pool/sauna/steamroom after gym you can still wear a swimsuit over tights - I think most times others will just think you're wearing an exercise leotard Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
What I do when I hit the gym is to wear a swimsuit over tights :P Since after my workout I'll either go into the sauna & steamroom or go for a swim I find it works out just fine for me and the pads in the swimsuit avoids any ahem... Very Happy And I think even if you do not wish to hit the pool/sauna/steamroom after gym you can still wear a swimsuit over tights - I think most times others will just think you're wearing an exercise leotard Bad Grin

You wear tights in the sauna and swimming pool?!
Agent OO-CAT
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi aries,

Here are my solutions, in chronological order:

I have tried the little stick-ons that Victoria Secret sells and they work ok. Though you could also put a band-aid on and remove later with oil.

Get some cups from a clothing store/alterations shop and put them in. Can look lumpy though.

I used to wear a loose t-shirt on top of my sports-bra.

Finally, I found the perfect sports bra for me that doesn't show anything I don't want. It's a from moving comfort, it's a simple one that you just put on over your head like a t-shirt without zips or tie-backs. I buy it from a shop called "Marathon sports" but I believe that a number of places sell it.

HTH

Cat
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
Julie, I just wear a really loose T-shirt over my workout clothes. It's comfortable and very non-revealing.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:37 am      Reply with quote
Pffft. Just enjoy your workout and don't worry about it. If guys wanna look, let them look.

My nipples are perpetually erect. The only time I pay any attention to it is in court. On days that I'm in court, I wear a suit (usually with no blouse cause I hate alot of layers) and that's about as much thinking as I do about it.
John C. Hill
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:23 am      Reply with quote
You go katee! Now you're talkin'....I agree with you completely. Let the guys look. To be honest, it's something of a "compliment" to the lady, I think, if you catch our eye like that.

Just my opinion...

John

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
Aries, I vote with the suggestion of getting a lightweight, loose t-shirt and just throwing that on after your done with your run. It will be loose and not stick to your body, so NHO should not show. Also, t-shirts in dark colors or wild or snazzy prints work well for this - NHO will no longer be obvious.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Pffft. Just enjoy your workout and don't worry about it. If guys wanna look, let them look.

My nipples are perpetually erect. The only time I pay any attention to it is in court. On days that I'm in court, I wear a suit (usually with no blouse cause I hate alot of layers) and that's about as much thinking as I do about it.

That's what I said, too. If you don't pay attention to them, then you don't really know they're looking or not. That's me. haha
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Ariesextreme! I think the problem with the pasty things is sweat would mix with it & that just can't be comfortable.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
c4ward wrote:
Hi Ariesextreme! I think the problem with the pasty things is sweat would mix with it & that just can't be comfortable.

That's my thinking too. I sweat like a freakin pig when I do cardio..hell even when just lifting and I'm sure the sweat with start making those pasties shift.

Well on katee's and others advice, I will try not to care, it's just that I'm so damn self-concious about it. I guess if I act like I don't care, others will view it the same.

Thanks everyone.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:15 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
c4ward wrote:

That's my thinking too. I sweat like a freakin pig when I do cardio..hell even when just lifting and I'm sure the sweat with start making those pasties shift.

Well on katee's and others advice, I will try not to care, it's just that I'm so damn self-concious about it. I guess if I act like I don't care, others will view it the same.

Thanks everyone.

Yup, you got it, girl. Just ignore them. Remember that ignorance is bliss. Plus they can look but they can't touch or take it away from you. If they try to touch, then you can post and we'll let you know how to deal with them. LOL
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |