Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
oh my god, visible pore reduction in one use!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
hello everyone,

as you may know, i tout the wonders of osea products. one or more of them have ALWAYS been a staple in my routine, and i've strayed a bit out of curiosity. but i always gone back, though, and now i've found another reason why:

ocean cleansing mud!

i have recently developed larger pores because i am beginning to age--most blatantly on my nose and on my cheeks. i've become somewhat concerned about them, out of normal female vanity, and have recently tried out several products that are reputed to work--bha toners, c sera, liquid oat beta glucans, aspirin masks, lactic acid, juice beauty, etc.

imagine how amazed i was when i used, for the first time in several years, a cleanser that i used to use weekly when i was 22 but never learned to worship! it is a cleanser rich in essential oils, developed for oily skins, but also as a treatment cleanser for combo-dry skins. i could not believe how clean and refreshed my skin looked after just using it. i massaged it into my skin for a good two minutes, and it stings and tingles because of all of the active ingredients, but my skin was left glowing, without a hint of red (I won't lie, this cleanser does sting--but i believe it is b/c of the essential oils).
i realize now that all along, this cleanser is based on the ocm principles of cleansing, but also has other beneficial ingredients as well. i'd highly recommend it for oily skins and those wanting to reduce pores! i recently bought the tiny travel size, so i can use it once or twice per week--i love their cleansing milk for my primary cleanser, which i use 2x daily, very nourishing.
perhaps as soon as my pores open up again i will take pics for comparison.

here is the info:

http://www.purezing.com/body/body_face_cleansers_OS_mudd.htm

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
how long have you been using this cleanser? I want to get one to try now!! I ordered so much stuff within the pass couple of months already, haha Laughing
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
hi poohlisey,

i have used it on and off for the last 10 years. i always used it when my skin needed exfoliation, but stopped ordering it when i found out about ahas, since i figured they worked better. i used skinceuticals aha cleanser for a while and SO regret it, since it made tons of broken caps come out in my skin. since then i've tried to avoid daily aha use, but still used fruit enzyme peels on a weekly basis as well as c serum, so i never really thought i needed this product. as well, it never really occurred to me that it could actually reduce pores. but i purchased the tiny size on a whim because i remembered how refreshing it was, and i'm so glad i did!!!! get the small size to try first, and you will NOT regret it, i promise! especially if you want to reduce pores.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I can'r order the travel size since the only place I know to order from will charge me $24 shipping Crying or Very sad please continue twisting my arm-how does it stack up EPII for instance? Dang, how I want to get rid of those pores!!
Feliz
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

That is great that you are having such great results.

I actually used Osea over five years ago. I tired all of their products. I never continued using the products as I found they did not help my then acne prone skin.

Good to see that Osea is still out there.
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
Does pores still tight for a while? Or it's tight so many days?
j0g6345
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:00 pm      Reply with quote
Wow. Thanks for the information. I just read this other thread about osea product. I am going to give it a try too. Too many good things to try these days Exclamation
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:14 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Hi,

That is great that you are having such great results.

I actually used Osea over five years ago. I tired all of their products. I never continued using the products as I found they did not help my then acne prone skin.

Good to see that Osea is still out there.

Hi Feliz,

So sorry it did not work to help you with your acne. I also bought the products for my best friend, and they did not successfully clear up her skin, either--but accutane did!
I think the line is better geared toward anti-aging, since it has none of the acids and other ingredients known to help acne. But it will clean out and reduce your pores!

I have a sample of epidermxII that I have yet to use, so I will be paying close attention to my pores and will compare results for all of you, promise!

--avalange

amnis
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Here are the ingredients in case any of you were wondering what they are like I was:

99% Natural Derived Ingredients. Red Algae Gel Extract (Chondrus Crispus), Decyl Glucoside (Vegetal Foaming Agent), Sodium Lauroyl Oat Amino Acid, Fucus Extract, Laminaria Algae Extract, Sorbitan Olivate, Jojoba Oil, Safflower Oil, Essential Oils of Tea Tree, Rosemary, Sage, Lavender, Peppermint and Cypress, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Multifruit Extract, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate (Natural Smectite Clay), Xanthan Gum, Glycine, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol.
(from http://www.spafeatures.com/os-ocm-t.html)

avalange, I bet the peppermint had a lot to do with the tingling/stinging you feel when you use it.

Not to be pessimistic but doesn't algae tend to aggravate acne? (I believe I've heard this but I'm not sure).

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
amnis wrote:
Not to be pessimistic but doesn't algae tend to aggravate acne? (I believe I've heard this but I'm not sure).

i am very acne prone, and algae does not aggravate me at all. in fact, it seems to help. but everybody is different. and i do agree with avalange on this product. it's really gorgeous!

my review is at the bottom of the page 4 on this thread: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20331&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=75
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Even though I have dry skin, I'm still very tempted to order this. I used to have very greasy skin, but it gradually became drier and drier over the years - probably thanks, at least in part, to getting older, but also because I have to take non-steroidal anti-inflammatories daily. So my pores are actually relatively large.

Might ask for a sample of it to try when I make my first order.
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to ask for a sample..do they sell or give samples sizes with purchase ?..I didn't see it.
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
i believe they do, but i ordered some travel kits so i could test other products out so i didn't ask for any. my skin is fickle, especially when i'm travelling a lot. but they do have a travel size available of just this too. avalange has dry skin. i am, ahem, older and thus getting dry (though still acne prone). the bottle says for dry skin to use it one or twice a week, i believe. i felt no dryness or tightness after using this (and many cleansers leave me feeling that way). i do get oilier in the heat and humidity, though and the feel alone will be heaven come the dog days of summer!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
la vie en rose wrote:
i believe they do, but i ordered some travel kits so i could test other products out so i didn't ask for any. my skin is fickle, especially when i'm travelling a lot. but they do have a travel size available of just this too. avalange has dry skin. i am, ahem, older and thus getting dry (though still acne prone). the bottle says for dry skin to use it one or twice a week, i believe. i felt no dryness or tightness after using this (and many cleansers leave me feeling that way). i do get oilier in the heat and humidity, though and the feel alone will be heaven come the dog days of summer!

I may have missed it (if so sorry) which of their regular cleansers are u using-ocean cleanser or milk?I'm a used-to-be-an-oil-well now who knows skin-type. I guess combo would do it & definitely oily in summer.I think I need both Embarassed
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Need help ordering. Need a web site where you can order a sample of the mud.

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I may have missed it (if so sorry) which of their regular cleansers are u using-ocean cleanser or milk?I'm a used-to-be-an-oil-well now who knows skin-type. I guess combo would do it & definitely oily in summer.I think I need both Embarassed

i am a dedicated Eve Lom girl (yes, all those petrochemicals, i know!) at night. i've been searching for a morning cleanser and haven't found one that i like -- before this. i'm not insane, however, and really don't think my skin would be thrilled with daily use in the winter. i ordered travel sets (yes, i went mad, one of each) so i could check out the milk (which everyone seems to adore, but i've never been real keen on these) and the regular ocean cleanser. i *did* get the big momma of the cleansing mud, however. that was how bowled over by it i was. (my skin was still calm and pale when i went to bed!) i can already imagine how it's going to feel all over my face and chest after a sweaty afternoon of cycling! sigh. i'm so easy to please once i find a great product Laughing

ETA: Frodo -- www.oseaskin.com (but if you order anything, PM me first).
Mabsy

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:47 am      Reply with quote
Thank you avalange and la vie en rose for your reviews. I am totally intrigued and will definitely buy a bottle of this as soon as I get to the US in a few weeks. I like OCM and like products with a minty/tingly feel to them (hopefully this will be the case rather than stingy) so this sounds great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:40 am      Reply with quote
la vie- that's good that it doesn't aggravate your acne prone skin! Maybe I am just confusing algae with something else...

OT: Mabsy, what part of the US are you going to be in? (Or can you not answer?- if so, that's ok.)

early-mid 30s || oily-combination, sensitive & acne-prone skin || mild breakouts (Aczone helps a lot) || occasional eczema rashes || fine lines around eyes || very dark under eye cirlces- concealer a must || very fair neutral-warm complexion, blue eyes, blonde hair
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Thank you avalange and la vie en rose for your reviews. I am totally intrigued and will definitely buy a bottle of this as soon as I get to the US in a few weeks. I like OCM and like products with a minty/tingly feel to them (hopefully this will be the case rather than stingy) so this sounds great!

You should have a look at Origins cleansing oil. It has a minty fresh/gentle tingly feel to it. I've only tried a tiny sample myself, but I didn't like the mint.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I tried my oily/normal kit from Osea, today. It's very nice. Nicely packaged. The mud was kind of weird, since I have never really cleansed with mud before, I didn't know how much to use. I started off with two pumps, but quickly added two more. For those of us who are used to the tingly feeling of medicated cleansers, this was mild at best. The package insert says "For oily skin, use cleanser every day. For normal/dry skin to be used once a week."
I've been adding SeaKelpBio to various sample cleansers or old bottles of cleansers I was never really satisfied with for the past 2 weeks. This alone, I have noticed, has cleaned up my face considerably. But, I plan to stop all that today, to truly test out Osea cleansing mud. I also got a bunch of oils ready for OCM, but I think I'll wait a few days to see the results of this cleanser first.
I don't really have any acne to aggravate, so I can't help you there. I do have a couple of scabs, that were not irritated. The sea mineral toner kinda stung a little bit, because I expected a mist to come out, and for some strange reason I had it aimed at a scratch I gave myself last night on accident. It burned for about 5 seconds. The atmosphere protection lotion is very light, which I like, but I wonder if it has the same protection as the advanced. (I have a sample of that, too, but I see it is more for dry/sensitive skins.)

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for the suggestion Schnee, I didn't even realise they had a cleansing oil Rolling Eyes I've gotta come out from under my little rock soon I think....

Amnis - I'm heading off to LA & New York Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
O.. I thought you just go to LA. Anyway, it's beauty week in Saks Fifth avenue and Neiman Marcus, so check them out when you are shopping! I think Bloomingdale will have one as well during last week of Apr.
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:12 am      Reply with quote
well, it's been a coupla days... I think I will keep this as a morning cleanser, because it really does close your pores. And, along with the advanced protection cream (which seems heavy, but no breakouts. Maybe my skin needed this, idk) makes my MMU look fab. Unfortunately, I had to ditch the toner. It stings to me, maybe the salt.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
avalange - around how long does the travel size cleansing mudd last you? I plan to get one for use 1-2 a week (or whenever my skin feels like it) and not sure if I should get the full size or the travel. If the travel isn't going to last that long I might go with the full to save on shipping, what do you think?
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
avalange - around how long does the travel size cleansing mudd last you? I plan to get one for use 1-2 a week (or whenever my skin feels like it) and not sure if I should get the full size or the travel. If the travel isn't going to last that long I might go with the full to save on shipping, what do you think?

i'm not avalange -- just her evil and older twin.... the travel size will last you for that long and then some.

zumlya -- thank you for keeping us updated. APC is pretty amazing, isn't it. you'd think it would break you out, but nooooo. and i'm glad you're getting the poreless effect with the mud. i never would have believed it if i hadn't seen it myself....
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |