Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The contraception mini pill
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Hi I have had loads of troubles on the combined contraception pill and wondered if anyone is on the mini pill and what one they take and how they find it?Ive got to try a mini pill soon but am really worried as i have heard loads of side effects from them. Even if you have tried a mini pill and are not on it anymore i would like to hear how you got on with it?

Thanks Sarah
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:39 am      Reply with quote
I take a progesterone-only pill, which I think is the same thing - the one I use is called Cerazette here in the UK. I've been taking it for about 3 years now and have no problems with it at all.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I was thinking about going on a progesterone only pill because estrogen does weird things to me body. My doc told me there's a lot more side effects, and it usually given to women who are nursing, etc. SHe told me you have to take it at the same every day. Like, the same exact time everyday. If it's off by even 15 minutes she said you can have bleeding. So I opted out.

The side effects I remember her mentioning are the urge to eat, and weight gain. I guess those two go hand in hand, though.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
I took a progesterone only pill when I was nursing my daughter and I had a lot of spotting etc....I was literally bleeding almost all the time...My body never adjusted though I didnt have any other side effects...But I really didnt know that you have to be so particular about the timing...maybe that was the reason....And when I finally stopped the pill I didnt have any periods for 6 months and also had the biggest and ugliest acne breakout of my life...I didnt want to go out of the house and it was so obviously hormonal that I knew topicals can only treat....It was horrible, to say the least. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS, may be that was also a reason that I never adjusted to the mini-pill...My hormones are already sooo whacky Rolling Eyes

I am pregnant again...and am already thinking what I will do for contraception when I am nursing which I plan to do for quite some time Question

sorry for rambling but this topic is very close to heart and normally functioning people dont understand the frustration that easily....
Caspers Mum

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:03 pm      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
I took a progesterone only pill when I was nursing my daughter and I had a lot of spotting etc....I was literally bleeding almost all the time...My body never adjusted though I didnt have any other side effects...But I really didnt know that you have to be so particular about the timing...maybe that was the reason....And when I finally stopped the pill I didnt have any periods for 6 months and also had the biggest and ugliest acne breakout of my life...I didnt want to go out of the house and it was so obviously hormonal that I knew topicals can only treat....It was horrible, to say the least. Then I was diagnosed with PCOS, may be that was also a reason that I never adjusted to the mini-pill...My hormones are already sooo whacky Rolling Eyes

I am pregnant again...and am already thinking what I will do for contraception when I am nursing which I plan to do for quite some time Question

sorry for rambling but this topic is very close to heart and normally functioning people dont understand the frustration that easily....

Talk to your doctor about having an IUD inserted after the birth. You may either have a standard one, or the (expensive) Mirena version.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:53 pm      Reply with quote
I took the mini pill and I wouldn't stop bleeding. It was constant! Confused Horrible, Horrible experience. Maybe you will have a better experience.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:18 am      Reply with quote
How awful. The one I take works really well for me, I feel very lucky now!
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
Hi Thanks for all your replys,
World~of~mirth- What was the mini pill called that you tried when you got constant bleeding?Are you now taking a different one?

fifi- You are lucky i have so many problems with that partuicular mini pill.Had you tried any others before that one or did it suit you straight away?

mithai- What was the name of the mini pill you tried?

Also has anyone tried the Depro the injection form of contraception that is given every 3 months?

Thanks Sarah
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Sarah
I had been taking the combined pill for years with no real problems there either, however a few years ago my blood pressure started to go up a bit so the nurse at my gp's practice suggested I try the Cerazette. It's the only progesterone-only pill I've ever tried so I guess I really have been lucky with it.
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the suggeston Caspers Mom Smile I will certainly look into it...

Sarah, I really dont remember the name as I stopped the pills one and a half years back...but it was a difficult name...If you are very interested I can call my doc's office and find out. Let me know if you need to know the name...it wont be a hassle at all.
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I really do not remember what the name of the pill I was on. It was over a year ago. I switched the nuva ring.
sarah19
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
hi mithai yes that would be great if you could find out if you dont mind.
Thank you

Sarah
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I just called, the pill was 'Microlut'.......

Oh yes, I must mention that I started spotting all the time once I stopped nursing but continued to take the pill for contraception. HTHS
luckylouie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I had monstrously heavy periods on the progesterone only pill (can't remember the brand name), however I used iud's for over 12 years with no problems. I should point out I only went on the mini pill because I had a minor glitch in my period cycle and the doctor thought this would sort it out. My periods went back to normal after a curette and two years later remain normal. I am lucky, this is the only problem I have ever had with my periods.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:10 pm      Reply with quote
I take Wild Yam pills during my period. It helps my cramps a lot. It's also more natural and healthy. Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |