Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Review: Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Exfoliating Discs
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have used six samples of these discs over the past few weeks, I definitely need to use them more than the once a week recommendation on the packaging and given by the sales assistant.

These are individually packed 'discs' which are similar to makeup remover pads, but are slightly firmer and have a double sided textured surface. One side is a raised-weave surface for exfoliation and buffing, the other side is a finer weave side for refining the skin and removing final traces of residue.

The entire pad is covered in a lightly scented white powder and you wet the pad until the powder turns into a 'slimy' consistency. Then basically you buff your entire face in circular motions, though the instructions say to avoid eye and mouth area (which made me slightly wary and afraid of intense tingling sensations) I did not experience any irritation or redness at all. My face is not red or flushed even when using during a shower, unlike with those enzyme scrubs and microdermabrasion crystals my skin actually does not seem to be irritated in any way. The powder substance on the disc foams only slightly.

I think from a fellow MUA reviewer, she said the full size discs are actually much bigger in size (3 inches?) and can be used all over the body afterwards as well.

Overall effects of the discs, from looking at the ingredients there is nothing spectacular and I would have put the exfoliation effect down to the cotton disc catching dead skin cells. But my skin is somehow incredibly refined and clear after each use, likened to using a round of rough microderm crystals!

Despite its effects and how it does not interfere with my Zenbiotic routine, I don't think I would be hurrying to repurchase because of the horrendous price tag, and the lack of availability. Even on Ebay, individual sample discs sell for around $8, and full packs of 8 are about $40-60. If you want to conserve your $$, you can cut the discs into many smaller pieces so to get more use out of each packet.

And on a side note, I also got samples of the partner product Super Refining Essence, which I didn't bother to touch because it is a silicone-rich serum which was bound to wreck havoc on my skin.

And to the best part - ingredients
Exfoliating Discs - talc, sodium magnesium silicate, xylitol, betaine, algin, defatted rice bran, oryza sativa (rice) germ oil, sapindus mukurossi peel extract, alpha-isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate, water, yeast extract, tocopherol, phenoxethanol, fragrance

Super refining essence - water, glycerin, butylene glycol, dipropylene glycol, betaine, dimethicone, xylitol, clyclomethicone, dimethylacrylamide/sodium acryloydimethylaurate crosspolymer, peg-60 hydrogenated castor oil, aminopropyl dimethicone, tocopheryl acetate, serine, xanthan gum, prunus armeniaca (apricot) juice, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sodium acetylated hyaluronate, plankton extract, artemisia prnceps leaf extract, equisetum arvense extract, alanine, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, potassium hydroxide, trisodium edta, alpha isomethyl ionone, benzyl benzoate, alcohol, hydroxyisohexyl 3-cyclohexene carboxylaldehyde, hexyl vinnamal, limonene, linalool, citronellol, geraniol, butylphenyl, methylpropional, syzgium jambos leaf extract, phenoxethanol, parfum
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |