Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Glominerals Contour Kit - Medium to Dark (13.2 g / 0.46 oz) StriVectin TL Advanced Light Tightening Neck Cream (50 ml)
dr hauschka bronzing concentrate
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Does this work for very pale neutral/cool skin? I am looking for something to even out my skin tone, but I don't know if this is suitable for my very pale skin. Does it turn orange after a while?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:47 am      Reply with quote
This does apear very dark in the bottle but as the title claims it is translucent and does apply very sheer.
I am quite pale (NC25 in MAC for ref) and I manage to carry this off, the beauty of it is you can dilute it down as much as you want with your favourite moisturiser.
Has no orange tinge at all, the only thing I have noticed are on some days I have used a little too much of this and my face can look dirty.
I would really recomend trying this when at a shop that stocks Dr Hauschka.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:13 am      Reply with quote
rosebud wrote:
This does apear very dark in the bottle but as the title claims it is translucent and does apply very sheer.
I am quite pale (NC25 in MAC for ref) and I manage to carry this off, the beauty of it is you can dilute it down as much as you want with your favourite moisturiser.
Has no orange tinge at all, the only thing I have noticed are on some days I have used a little too much of this and my face can look dirty.
I would really recomend trying this when at a shop that stocks Dr Hauschka.

Do you put foundation on top of the bronzer?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Whenever I use a fake tan product on my face I ALWAYS break out.

I'd love to find one that doesnt have that effect.. Sad
Marleen

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Schnee,

I'm pale natural/cool toned too, and the Dr. H. bronzing concentrate works for me. It's not orange-tinted at all. I mix it with my facial cream or oil. As rosebud said, it's very sheer and it does'nt give you any coverage. It just makes your skintone appear more even.

It never made me break-out, on the contrary, it seems to benefit my skin. But since it's the first time i use a bronzer/fake tan, i can't compare this one with other simmilar products. Hope this helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your replies. I guess I will buy it and try, they didn't have any samples. If it doesn't work I can always give it to my sister. Laughing

Catski, it's not really a fake tan product, but more in the tinted moisturiser category. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
I won't say the translucent bronze concentrate looks orange at all. I tried mixing this with the rose day cream & it just adds a nice sheer touch of bronze to your skin...but I guess it all depends on how much you use. I also recommend you go test this product in store before buying it.
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:
Does this work for very pale neutral/cool skin? I am looking for something to even out my skin tone, but I don't know if this is suitable for my very pale skin. Does it turn orange after a while?

I'm quite pale and I can use the Bronzine concentrate in the spring and summer. My friend commented on how good my skin looked and didn't even know that it was a bronzer. Very subtle effect that evens out skin tone...great for someone with rosacea.
catski
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:51 am      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:

Catski, it's not really a fake tan product, but more in the tinted moisturiser category. Smile

thankyou my dear, for clarifying.

maybe I will try it and hopefully will not rapidly become Spot Woman.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
lynn2525 I tend to wear just powder over the top but if you wanted you could wear foundation over the top, I just always feel that less is more.
The Translucent Bronze Concentrate is very versatile.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:23 am      Reply with quote
Schnee wrote:
Thank you for your replies. I guess I will buy it and try, they didn't have any samples. If it doesn't work I can always give it to my sister. Laughing

if you buy it from sephora and don't like it, you can always return it for 100% refund, even if it's used!
Mabsy

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:36 am      Reply with quote
I'm an NW20 (probably a bit lighter right now) and I have used the bronzing concentrate on and off. I like it but I only really tend to use it when I'm going through my "natural phase" and only using tinted moisturiser. I tend to mix this in with moisturiser to create my own TM. Shade wise, it suits my skin quite well. HTH

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
I got a sample of the tinted moisturiser, and it go on very sheer when used sparingly and blended well. I was really surprised becuse it's very dark out of the tube! Only problem now is that I'm not sure to get the bronzing concentrate or the TM.... I think I'll go with the bronzer since it is more versatile... Oh, it's only 20 usd anyway...

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
I always get compliments when I've worn this that I look great. No one can tell, only problem is I tend to break out from it, even though I use very sparingly. I'm trying out the bronzing powder this winter and hope to get no break outs.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
I bought this a few years ago and whilst it was ok, it wasnt repurchase worthy for me. I do however really like the Clinique bronzing gel that I add to my spf.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:13 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

pH Advantage High Potency Effective Vitamin C Serum (51 ml / 1.75 floz) Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glotion for Body (150 ml / 5 floz)