Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enchancer
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Kinky_babe
5% products discount

Wed Feb 28, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have just tried the Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin Enchancer in SX 07 and I have never got so many compliments in one day!!!!!!
This foundation/concealer just gave me airbrushed model-like complexion as it covers my acne scars and dark circles COMPLETELY.

It is made in japan and it's supposely adapted from Geisha's makeup. Well, in colours of course! I think the reason for this could be the fact the Japanese want to keep the secret for themselves! Now back to the product itself,
the colour I've got it's about 1/2 shade lighter than my skin at the moment but I can get away with this using a bronzer. That's why I want to buy another pot in SX 04! Ladies, you HAVE to check this out, just look over to MakeupAlley for ridiculously good reviews!!!!!!!!!!

For reference, I have light-med skin with slight yellow undertone.
sparkle
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:32 am      Reply with quote
hi there!

I got SX 05.. i got the feeling SX 07 would be a better shade though.

Can I ask how you are applying it? no matter how I apply it, it ends up sort of sitting on top of the face and I cant get the airbrushed effect people talk about.

I followed various MUA instructions (whether it be using primer/ mix with a tad of moisturiser/ use non-oil based moisturiser/ use damp sponge/ warm up on the skin)

SX05 looks like a natural shade but it's actually somehow a highlighter shade. It's luminous and brightening but not natural as an all over face foundation.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Ugh! I've been wanting to try this product...I have a million foundations and talked myself out of it a couple weeks ago.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
how much coverage is there? I was hoping it wasn't a full-on foundation since it says "enhancer."

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
It is a great product.
It is thick coverage - however, you only apply it where you need it.
You have to have good skin to start off with really to use this effectively.
Kinky_babe
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Well Ladies, as mention before you have to have smooth skin to begin with this! But of course no one has perfect skin except models, so I use Neostrata AHA Lotion and JM Papaya Enzyme mask to do the job. I suppose it is ok for skin with occasional spots but definitely NOT on acne skin!

Next Step is to prime your skin with a good make up base to ensure your skin is well hydrated. The one I am currently using now is Philosophy Supernatural Poreless Flawless SPF 15 and it is good enough for the time being! This is the most essential steps to prevent cakey and flakes from appearing!

For application, I currently use NARS Concealer brush and start eith a tiny amount on cheeks in ONE direction only !!!!!

This is all it takes to have model-looking skin!
Kinky_babe
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:58 am      Reply with quote
I forget to add that it is medium to full coverage concealer/foundation! I know this will sound contradictory but it still looks like real skin! Even my sister swears she can't tell I have any of this on! Laughing

The matte with slightly glowing properties makes it look like it is your own skin! I seriously cannot rave enough of this product abnd would be grateful if any sister could get me the in SX06 shade and the CreamyMoist Glow for me from the drugstore.com as they don't ship over here to the UK!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Kinky? are you saying drugstore.com carries the Aucoin products? I've been DYING to try the sensual skin enhance and I think you ladies have just convinced me! I'm one of those crazy people who really loves full coverage!
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:06 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried his new Liquid Airbrush Foundation? It is supposed to be better for oilier skin.

I've wanted to try the Sensual Skin Enhancer, but I'm afraid of being a klutz trying to blend it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
joani.sp wrote:
Has anyone tried his new Liquid Airbrush Foundation? It is supposed to be better for oilier skin.

Sadly, the man himself passed away a few years ago so it is his company who have brought out new products. I'd love to try them but they are not in the UK (or does someone know if they are..?!) - apparently it used to be in Harvey Nichols but it did not sell as not many people knew who he was here.
joani.sp
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I had heard that he passed away (at such a young age...)
I absolutely love his company's lipsticks, especially the sheer tints and I have his eye lash curler which is fantastic. I've wanted to try the foundation but was a bit hesitant because it seemed so heavy which was why I was curious about this new airbrush one.
I may just take the plunge!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
What stores does this line sell in the US?
Lolalondon
5% products discount

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:

Hey daisylondon

I remember when this line used to be in Harvey Nichols and one day I did my research and went back into the store to buy some products and it was gone..... Sad

The US bliss online store stocks some products...and they ship internationally although the duty may be hard to take!
stellamaris
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:41 pm      Reply with quote
daisylondon wrote:

Neiman's carries Kevyn Aucoin both online and in their stores.

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/template/catB18.jhtml?itemId=cat3170733&parentId=cat000294&masterId=cat4830738
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:23 am      Reply with quote
I'm dying to try this product, does anyone know where it is available in Canada? Actually in the Vancouver area?
Thanks
CG
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
I recently got this in 06 (the general shade recommended for NC30 skin) but as I have more dominant yellow tones, this shade is more like a very neutral beige for me - it does not match the skin perfectly in tone but shade (light) is correct. I use the Mac foundation brush to apply, and one dab of product will probably cover half the face. The trick is not not spread from one point but rather several small points. I am only using as a spot/undereye concealer, and for night time might go for full face use.
Olivia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 13, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
I broke down and bought a bunch of KA product a few months ago. The SSE is one that takes practice but its worth it....kinda pricey though so if you are just after full coverage I would recommend cinema secrets.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
I had to resurrect this thread! If I could only bring one tiny bag of makeup, this would be in it! I think it was intended as a concealer/highlighter??? but I use it all over as a fdn, varying the thickness: heavier under eyes, sides of nose, chin, and lighter on cheeks. It works nicely as an e/s primer on the lids and seems to grab the e/s well. BTW, KA makes a great primer, which I apply right before SSE. As miranets stated, this has to be applied in a stippling technique then pressed and patted in well.

The shade I have, #05, is pasty-looking in the tiny pot, but once blended makes a good base for the rest of my color makeup: a very light bronzer powder, Chanel Sable d'Or, and blush, Chanel Rose Bronze. Without contouring and highlighting with bronzer/blush this would look terribly flat and geisha-pasty on me.

The more I work with this, the more I come to love it! The warmth of my fingers seems to make it more pliable and easy to work into the skin. I press it and pat it rather than blend. (Adding some emu oil where needed helps to spread it too.) I really do feel Geisha-like when applying it: it's paste-like and quite sensual-feeling! The trick is to work it in well so that it becomes "yourskinbutbetter" - it can cancel out whatever you've got to give it - redness, shadows, veins, etc. But your skin texture absolutely must be flawless or flakes and bumps will be magnified! Any dryness has to be addressed before application too, or it will look too "dry". Not an easy fdn to apply, but once you get the hang of how it works for you, it's easily adjustable.

Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:27 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Stem Youth Serum (50 ml) Revitalash Double-ended Volume Set - Raven Amazing Cosmetics Line Smoother + Primer (15 ml / 0.5 floz)