Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Job Hurts Skin
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
beautygirl

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:11 am      Reply with quote
I recently started a new job in Center City Philadelphia, and have noticed that since then my skin has appeared less than perfect. Not to brag, but my skin never gave me any problems until recently. I want to look good and presentable at work, but my pores are clogged and I feel like my skin is always greasy. I end up concentrating more on my appearance than my work. My mother mentioned to me that since this is my first time spending so much time the city, and since I’ve lived in the suburbs my whole life, that maybe my skin was not used to all of the pollution. Could that be true, does anyone know?
I do not typically wear a lot of makeup, but since my skin has started acting this way, I have been wearing more makeup more frequently.
When I go to bed at night I wash my face with soap and water, but I notice that I still have makeup on my face. Makeup staying on my face all night long is probably not helping my bad skin situation. A friend told me to use cleansing milks or lotions to get the makeup off my face. Does anyone else use cleansers or toners for that purpose?
I am currently using a cleansing milk to remove my makeup daily and a light skin peel, by Reviva, as suggested by my friend. I began using the cleansing milk to get my makeup off and it has been working. I can now tell that soap was not properly cleaning my face. I also used the skin peel and it made my skin feel a lot better right away.
Does anyone else have any other suggestions as to how to improve my skin?
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:21 am      Reply with quote
try using a barrier, either a protective lotion or toner, to protect yourself from pollution -- YES, pollution makes a difference (having moved back and forth between San Francisco and small towns over the years)
I like Dermalogica Soothing Protection Spray, but I just bought Osea atmosphere protection cream, I will let you know how that works out (I need a barrier from the cold climate)

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
I also have been having problems with my skin since I started working in a club. Long hours in an airconditioned heavily polluted work environment, lack of sleep and too much alcohol Sad

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, beautygirl. Guess what?! - I live in Center City.

I suggest you do a search on this forum for info regarding the oil cleansing method (OCM for short), the Clarisonic cleansing brush, and the Jane Iredale Magic Mitt. Any of them would be probably be good options for cleaning your face.

I also recommend you start using vit c serum as an antioxidant for your skin - http://www.candessence.com/SkinCare.html Triple C serum is good and you can buy a sample to try first.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
You should use a makeup remover(or cleansing oil) before your cleansing milk. It sounds like your cleansing milk is not powerful enough. I think make your skin clean at night is the important thing to do so that it can get good rest at night. Some stronger cleanser can remove makeup too. If you are worried that you skin may get too dry, cleansing oils like DHC, Shu are pretty good too.

Good luck Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that you really should use a good cleansing milk or cleansing oil to remove makeup. I think DHC Deep Cleansing Oil is a good choice as it's olive oil based and won't clog your pores. Also, it's gotten good reviews on both EDS and MUA. It's very important to get rid of all makeup traces before you go to bed. Moisturize your face well and look for a barrier cream. Osea Advanced Protection Cream gets really amazing reviews on EDS here and avalange is a big fan of the product. I'd also recommend checking out Remergen Barrier Formula as it also gets very good reviews and many EDS members are big fans of the product. However, the 2 products are quite pricey, so I'd say do a research on them before purchasing. I myself have been eyeing the Osea one. Maybe when I get paid I'll purchase it Smile

Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:34 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |