Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Serendipity 3 Serendipitous Chocolate Perfume
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it's OK to write perfume reviews here since I so rarely see them, but I'm SO impressed with this perfume I thought I would give it a shot.

Some background on me: I'm one of those poor souls who flat-out can't wear perfume. I can't wear most lotions. Everything gives me terrible migraines. Even many candles will make me feel instantly sick. I pretty much have to take my life in my hands to go into a joint like Victoria's Secret or Bath and Body Works, and running by the perfume counters at department stores is the equivalent for me of running the gauntlet. Believe you me, I WOULD that this were not the case. I'm sooooo envious of the women who can wear Chanel no 5 to bed and nothing else. Luckily I have discovered a few scents I can wear, and I'm incredibly thankful for them. Burt's Bees Baby Bee scent is one of the few, and that's why I'm STILL pestering Burt's to bring the solid perfume back! However, hope does spring eternal, and so when I swapped for a decant of Serendipity 3 in a roller bottle on MUA I thought to myself "I'll just apply the tiniest drop to my wrist, and maybe I'll be ok." I was expecting the worst--- I've done the same experiment many a time, only to end up in bed with a headache for 3 days straight--- not cool! However, this time I got pleasantly surprised: from the very minute it hit my skin it smelled sexy and delicious, and there was not a hint of that twinge of pain that signals a migraine. An hour passed. 2 hours. 12 hours. 24 hours! At the 24 hour mark I knew I had a winner. I could still smell it (and it only smelled better by the hour!), and I had experienced no headache whatsoever.

In the official description for Serendipitous it says its notes are: cocoa, vanilla, and blood orange. Judging by the reviews on MUA it will smell different on everyone based on their chemistry, but on me it smells like milk chocolate, vanilla ice cream, and caramelized sugar. Very warm and inviting--- DH loves it on me. However, I'd like to point out that that I absolutely can't abide overly sweet, syrupy fragrances like most drugstore vanilla perfumes, pink sugar, BBW Warm Vanilla Sugar, etc. They are all way too sweet and make me feel ill. Serendipitous is just right. If anyone else is sensitive to scents like me, or if anyone has been looking for that perfect warm, chocolate fragrance, this one is a winner.

You can buy Serendipitous at various perfume sites such as luckyscent.com for around $38 a bottle. You can also buy samples on ebay or swap for them on MUA if you're interested in trying before you buy. Love the bottle too--- very classy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, this sounds great! I LOVE gourmand scents and this sooo seems like the scent for me. Off to see if I can grab a sample from MUA now.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:07 am      Reply with quote
This sounds absolutely delicious - I love vanilla and chocolatey scents. Yum!!
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:41 am      Reply with quote
I have this!! I got a sample in an Ebay purchase and then had to go get the full size. Totally agree with the review that it's not at all sickly - you need to wear it as it smells totally different on, than in the bottle.

I like this one in winter - a nice soft, warm cuddly kind of scent. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Oh, I forgot to add, you can also order a sample from luckyscent.com for $3. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
This one's going on my wishlist, oh yes. Drool
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, I wanted to ask--- has anyone tried any other products from this line besides the perfume itself? I tried the footcream, but I didn't care for it. It had a similar chocolate base note, but then it also had peppermint oil in it which ended up being just too strong for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:04 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz - have you ordered from luckyscent site before? Just wondering how long they take to deliver.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
manslayerliz - have you ordered from luckyscent site before? Just wondering how long they take to deliver.

rileygirl, I ordered some samples from them a while back--- it didn't take long at all to get my order. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, manslayer!
saladgirl
5% products discount

Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, manslayerliz for the info on luckyscents. I have a hard time finding scents that work for me, so I'm delighted to find a place to buy samples. I just placed a "samples" order and can't wait to try them!
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:48 am      Reply with quote
You sold me on this one Liz! I don't get migraines from perfumes but terrible dizzy spells that make me nauseous. If it works for you, it'll work for me, and even if it doesn't I'll still go through a dizzy spell or two because it just sounds too delish! Thanks for your review!!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the review, Liz. I usually get heavy migraines when smelling perfumes and colognes! Mad Maybe I should give this one a go! Smile
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:17 am      Reply with quote
majorb wrote:

Hmmmm, wonder why? Could it be the chocolate note? Laughing
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:03 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
majorb wrote:

Hmmmm, wonder why? Could it be the chocolate note? Laughing

You know me too well. Embarassed
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Sorry - had to post because of my username. Will have to hunt this one out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Serendipity, I love your user name! I disagree with your signature line - I think that the more you believe you can make yourself look younger, the younger you will look! Very Happy
Serendipity
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Oh MermaidGirl - I so hope you're right. I live in hope. Desperate hope.

xx

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Serendipity, I love your user name! I disagree with your signature line - I think that the more you believe you can make yourself look younger, the younger you will look! Very Happy

I have changed my sig for you - I think this one is probably far more accurate!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:

I have changed my sig for you - I think this one is probably far more accurate!!

You crack me up! Laughing I needed the giggle!

If you stick around EDS long enough, you will find out about some really neat gadgets and potions that will definitely give you hope!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:45 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |