Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's your fav skincare line or product for mid to late 20s
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I have read tons of threads on this forum to try to find something that everyone swears by and hope it will work on me too.
I did not think of age until recently while reading threads, some members say different products target different age group, which sounds logical.

I just turned 27, and from reading EDS forum, i have tried Decleor Night balm which has been working well on me.
Recently bought a Dr. H travel kit and Rejuvenating Mask, and JB apple peel.

JB apple peel burns on me, my face turned really red, should i try it again? the odd thing is that the first time i tried it didn't burn, but it did on the 2nd time (which is one week after)
Dr. H Rejuvenating Mask, it's small tube, not cheap, and i guess it does some good to my skin, no wow factor, i don't think.
Dr. H cleansing cream, however, i do think it really cleans out my clogged pores, and i really like this.
Dr. H rose cream, heavy to go on, after it's fully absorbed, it gives a really soft touch on the skin. However, my T-zone gets oily after lunch. and i have to blot my Tzone.

I'm reading some rave reviews on PSF and IS Clinical. PSF is very reasonably price, and IS Clinical is very high priced. Should i try these? Are these targeting my age group>
What's your favorite skincare line and Why?

Thanks much

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 25 and I'm very fond of both PSF and DHC skincare lines. They seem to have items for both younger gals and those who are concerned with aging. SOme of my picks:

PSF: Papaya Cleansing gel, R&R Toning mist, Organic Moisture Mask, and Perfecting Day lotion (the latter two are best for drier skin, or combo skin).

DHC: I use a lot of DHC! My favorites are the Deep Cleansing Oil, Eye Bright, Eyelash Tonic, and recently I started using Face Wash, which I like. It's for drier skin types. I've used the Concentrated Eye Cream, but now I'm on the Q10 eye cream. The later is a bit lighter and has more lightening properties. I like DHC eye products because they are much more affordable than other skincare brand's eye products, and they're targeted more at prevention rather that 'fixing' something.

HTH!
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
I second violetanne's recommendation for DHC. I used their q10 eye cream for a long while, it's a great deal, you get tons in the tube. Their cleansing oil is also great. I have tried almost their whole product line really, and have no complaints. their makeup line is also great.

http://www.dhccare.com/DHC/Default.aspx

I would also check out Ice Elements. Their products are great too, though i wouldn't recommend the moisturizer, it is filled with cones. I think I read something about them possibly reformulating it due to this.

http://iceelements.com/ though you can get great deals at HSN.

I am currently using DIY creams and Garden of Wisdom ready made products, which are awesome. I haven't been that impressed with PSF products and honestly think some of their products cost too much. But PSF seems pure and does receive great reviews. Juice Beauty doesn't appeal to me overall, i am not sure if i like the idea of apple juice being the base for their products. Their acne serum seemed to ok for my sister and their tinted moisturizer with spf does look tempting though.

Let us know what you decide,

Cheers,
Kristen Smile

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
I don't really believe in "best skincare line" of products, I tend to go along the "star product" line of thought. I think many lines have very good products but this is not to say that all products in a line are good for your skin in particular.

Some of the best products I have tried that would be suitable for your age (but depending on your skin type) are:

Dr Hauschka Cleansing Cream
Dr Hauschka Rejuvenating Mask
Dermalogica Microfoliant
Jan Marini Bioglycolic Bioclear Lotion
Cellcosmet Eye Cream
Babor Sensational Eyes Cream
PSF Vit C Serum
Vivier Vit C Serum
Arbonne Thermal Enzyme Mask (will also make your skin turn red, like the JB peel)

In terms of the Dr Hauschka Rose Cream - I would love to be able to use this because it's such a beautiful cream but it is too heavy for my skin and it sounds like it might be too heavy for yours as well. The next Dr Hauschka alternative would be the Quince cream, which is also very nice but lighter.

I think, in summary, you should aim to have these basic components in your routine:

cleanser
exfoliator
vitamin C serum
moisturiser (& eye cream)
sun block.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I suggest "Sofina" from Japan. Easy, light yet adquate to skin needs.
yuki
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:22 am      Reply with quote
forgot to mention this:
I've never used any Vit C serum, and probably should starting sampling one, Vivier Vit C has rave review, it's now on my to-buy list.

I have just ordered sofina nunance up from a HK website, hope to get it soon.

I do have a sample of Dr.H quince cream that i haven't tried yet. I'll try that in the next week or so.

i don't have an eye cream yet, i have tried Demalogica Microfoliant,just finished the bottle actually. I don't know if that did anything to my skin, didn't have a wow factor after using it. Maybe it was too fine? hmm hmm but i don't want the exfoliator to be too rough either, which i have found on DHC facial scrub, i thought that was too rough and may tear up my skin.

Any suggestions on eye cream and exfoliator?
i heard Cellcosmet eye cream is pretty good.

also have used some oils as moisturizer, such as jojoba oil at night, and result was pretty good, keep my skin soft and all.
I have ordered rose hip oil from garden of wisdom, and it'll come soon, but i was wondering if it's ok to use the mix of rosehip and jojoba as a moisturizer for both day and evening.

Thank you all for your comments.
Wink Wink

Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |