Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

How often do you trim your hair?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
I have been trying to grow my hair for a while now but it seems to be taking forever. I have it passed my shoulders right now but want to get it passed the bust line and down my back but it seems to be stuck at this length. I try to trim it slightly every 2 - 3 months but sometimes I go longer. The only downside is the longer I wait to cut it the more damaged it gets so I actually have to cut more off than if I trimmed it more regularly. Rolling Eyes My question is how often do you ladies trim your hair, especially those of you who are trying to grow it? Does it feel like it's taking forever for you too? Will I ever get passed this stage? Please help me see the light at the end of this long tunnel. LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:26 pm      Reply with quote
wildflower wrote:
I have been trying to grow my hair for a while now but it seems to be taking forever. I have it passed my shoulders right now but want to get it passed the bust line and down my back but it seems to be stuck at this length. I try to trim it slightly every 2 - 3 months but sometimes I go longer. The only downside is the longer I wait to cut it the more damaged it gets so I actually have to cut more off than if I trimmed it more regularly. Rolling Eyes My question is how often do you ladies trim your hair, especially those of you who are trying to grow it? Does it feel like it's taking forever for you too? Will I ever get passed this stage? Please help me see the light at the end of this long tunnel. LOL

Every six weeks. I make the next appointment as I'm leaving after the latest cut. I can't really call it a trim as my hair grows so fast.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have bangs so they need to be trimmed regularly or they'll poke my eye - depending on how short each trim is about 6-8 weeks, but by 8 weeks my bangs are probably poking my eyes.

Whenever I go in for a trim my hairstylist always recommends trimming the rest of my hair to keep its shape and layers. I find my hair a lot healthier this way but on the down side I find it harder to keep it long as I prefer long hair. So now my hair is always kept mid-length around my shoulders after the trim.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I get my hair trimmed (plus color and highlights) every 7 weeks.
Are you taking vitamins? If not, I hear vitamins with biotin help.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:06 am      Reply with quote
I don't get it trimmed nearly often enough! I always end up leaving it till my fringe (bangs for the US audience) is hanging in my eyes and annoying me.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:10 am      Reply with quote
I get mine trimmed every 6 weeks to minimize split-ends as I have really long hair. I use to get touch ups for my color and highlights every time I get a trim, but now I'm just too lazy Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:59 am      Reply with quote
When I gave birth to my 1st baby, I was about 26, and I didn't cut my hair at all for 2 years. My hair grow down to my waist. I didn't even remember this until I saw a picture of me with my 3-month-old baby, and my hair was all the way down to my waist with a spiral perm.

Right now I am trying to grow my hair back again after a short pixie cut 3 years ago. (Thanks my older sis for suggesting that i did this. Never short hair again!) Anyway I'm having problems with dry, brittle, split ends, too. I have to trim my hair every 3 months to get rid of the split ends. My hair still grows pretty fast, but not fast enough. The longest length is between my bra strap and waist. (My hair layered.)

I'm taking 4 g of MSM and 3 g of biotin to help speed the growth. You might want to try this, too. Also fish oil. I forgot to mention that my hair got damaged from the Japanese straightening system from March 06. I think once I got rid of the straight perm, my regular hair should not cause so much problem. The new growth looks healthy.
sarahb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:04 am      Reply with quote
My hairdresses calls me a seasonal visitor as I tend to go every 3-4 months or so. I cut my own fringe (bangs), my hair seems to grow quickly and I'd be in there every 5 minutes if I didn't do it myself.
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:16 am      Reply with quote
I go every 6 to 8 weeks. I have short thick hair and i need to go regularly to get my hair thinned out. I am thinking of growing it and getting my hair dyed back to its natural colour.
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:37 am      Reply with quote
I am almost embarrased to say this, but it is at least 18 months since my last trim... Embarassed I have long hair down to my bum, but no breakage or split ends. I might pull myself together and have a haircut anyway since I want to even it out a bit. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:09 am      Reply with quote
Gosh I can't remember when I had my last trim. I generally don't make it a point to trim/cut regularly - it's more of a passing by a hair salon and being seized with the impulse to trim/cut Laughing

But I do feel my hair grows very slowly too - maybe it's because currently my hair is already past my shoulder so it just seems to be the same length or thereabouts after a few months Neutral

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:03 am      Reply with quote
samantha185 wrote:
Gosh I can't remember when I had my last trim. I generally don't make it a point to trim/cut regularly - it's more of a passing by a hair salon and being seized with the impulse to trim/cut Laughing

But I do feel my hair grows very slowly too - maybe it's because currently my hair is already past my shoulder so it just seems to be the same length or thereabouts after a few months Neutral

Hair grows around 1/2" a month, so seems to grow really slowly, especially if you regularly get it trimmed.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Every six weeks for me. Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:27 am      Reply with quote
I only go if I feel like I need a new style or if I decide that I have completely messed up my fringe. As I am now growing my hair it will probably be a couple of years before I go again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I probably go about every 8 weeks, sometimes I push it to 10 weeks. Since my hair's long I can get away with not going too often.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Wildflower. I finally grew my hair out longer by waiting 3 months between haircuts. I'd been going every month & a half and it just wasn't happening. Good luck!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Every 5 weeks plus colour.
lorisu
5% products discount

Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
Wildflower I feel your pain! I am trying to grow my hair out at the moment too and it seems like it is taking forever!

I have started to measure my hair every couple of weeks just to see how fast it's growing. I've figured out it only grows about half an inch per month so it's no wonder I wasn't getting any growth when I keep getting half an inch cut off every 6 weeks Sad

So now I have pushed my appointments to every 8 weeks and getting only the tiniest quarter of an inch trim.

Oh and I have gone back to using my Pantene conditioner as well. I know all the hairdressers despise this stuff but when I use it I never get split or dry ends.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
My hairdresser trims mine about every 7-8 weeks. Sometimes just about 1/4" and sometimes up to 1". Depends on how my ends are acting.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 26, 2007 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
wildflower wrote:

Every six weeks. I make the next appointment as I'm leaving after the latest cut. I can't really call it a trim as my hair grows so fast.

My hair grows out fast as well. I need to trim it every 6 weeks, because it doesn't look good too long.
mper1327
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
To all you gals trying to get your hair to grow quickly, I have just one word......BIOTIN!!! If you take 5000mcg per day, you will see amazing results.

I heard about this somewhere, and my hair was being sluggish in the growht department, so I tried it. I was extremely doubtful that it would work, but after a month of taking it regularly, my hair grew two inches! I had the roots to prove it Laughing About 8 months ago my hair was shoulder length, and now it is past bust length, and only about 4 inches from my waist. It's only about $5 for 100 of them. TRY IT! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
My hair grows relatively fast. For me I think trimming it every two months helps it grow faster than not trimming at all.
polylass
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
Every 8-10 weeks for me Surprised

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 28, 2007 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
I want longer hair, so no trim for at least 6-9 months.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
every two months, i alway put my hair up so I can stand longer than that.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:30 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |