Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Has anyone ever been able minimize deepish nose-mouth lines?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
FizzyBubbles
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Short of Restylane or another injectable, has any thing helped diminish the depth of your nose to mouth line? Temporary or even over time of a year or so. I'm patient. And I'm talking kind of deepish lines but not actually folds. I have been on Retin A for 8 years, I have no wrinkles, am in my late 40's but these nose to mouth lines are my downfall - do have chubby cheeks and that is part of the problem. Has anyone tried the various freeze products?
Bosoxy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hi!

I have heard of some having luck with the Edelweiss serum by Ice Elements at http://iceelements.com

If you wander over to the message board to the Ask Brenda or Ask Shelly section they will let you know if it is what you are looking for.

You can also ask the members in the General section, although a few members will also jump in on the Ask forums and talk about their experience.

I will tell you that the Edelweiss serum took a lot longer to work for me than it does for most... but I am happy with the results that I have seen, although they are different than what you are looking for.

What ever you decide, I wish you luck.
Bosoxy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:36 pm      Reply with quote
Someone started a thread very similar to this one just last week I think. I couldn't remember some of the keywords though, or I would help search it for you.

I used to have pretty deep nasolabial lines. I just called them my laugh lines. I have been able to soften them with a combination of things like taking MSM, sleeping enough (haven't done that lately but the lines aren't as affected), using this night treatment from Orjene Organics, using Argan or Squalane oil, and DMAE. I am just starting to try Super Viper Serum I bought from skincarecentral.biz. It's supposed to help relax the muscles on your face that cause you to make facial expressions. I don't know if it works or not as I just used it for one day. It's a sample size that came in only 5 ml. The bottle is too cute. Smile Anyway, I can report back if I see any difference here. I am using it more for my forehead as I seem to like to frown for no reasons, especially in daylight. Maybe squinting is the more correct choice of words.
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:15 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl? make sure you let us know how the super venom works for you, please.. I've got the nasolabial SLIGHT folds myself and they're my downfall. Well I have one forehead line and the 11 between my eyebrows. No matter how hard I try NOT to, it seems my eyebrows are always going UP non stop! So I'm looking for a good product to purchase myself. I just rec'd a sample of super venom from gardenofwisdom.com so I don't know if this will work or not. I'll let you all know!
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I have these stinkin lines too. I have Restylane injected in them once and I have some Restylane coming this week that I may inject in them.
I'm also trying the TCA Cross method to see if this skin remodeling technique will work on lines in addition to scars. I've done it once and really didn't see a difference. I'll hit it again in a couple of weeks.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
I am too chicken to consider any injections to help with naso-labial folds. I got great results with retinol creams -- non-prescriptions ones even. I have used Green Cream Level 3 and Retrinal 0.025% (I have sensitive skin and stick to the lower strength options).
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:05 am      Reply with quote
For me, constant sunscreen use, daily C + firming serum and every other night 0.05% Retin-A cream has helped alot. Not smoking, staying up late and drinking lots of water has helped, too. Sounds standard issue, I know but after a late night those lines in particular can seem to look really awful.

As far as the wrinkle-relaxers go, my first choice is Relax Plus with Vialox. But I don't use on NL lines - just forehead, lip lines, and crow's fee. Works great! But nothing is as good as botox if you can handle the injections.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
If they are just surface lines, I would do Retin A, just like on ANY lines on the face.

Big difference between a fine line and a huge deep falabial fold.
The surface line should diminish with Retin A, it takes a couple of weeks to start diminishing the fine line.

A huge fold, well, filler, but I hate fillers because they dont last. In which case only a fat transfer will fill permanently, but it depends on how bad/deep the fold is.
c4ward
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi Fizzy Bubbles. I've tried a ton of things but starting to lean towards Radiesse (similar to Restalyn, but supposedly lasts longer.)I'm hoping I can save enough to have it done this summer. Keep us posted if you find anything that works topically.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Well I called my dermo's office today, and her partner does the resty, and collagen, and Lord knows what else. I was mainly calling for pricing, which by the way seemed reasonable--$13/unit, which I believe someone in this thread mentioned the same amount, and the nurse said most people need 20 to 30 units, so that wasn't bad. When she asked if I wanted to make an appt. though, I quickly chickened out. She said you have the option of just the numbing cream, a local anesthetic, or both--if I ever do get it done, it'll be both and a couple of long island ice teas before I walk out the door! That should do it!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Chrissie? What's the TCA cross method? I know TCA is an acid, but that's about it. Please let those of us who don't have a clue, what this method is...TIA.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
bkkgirl? make sure you let us know how the super venom works for you, please.. I've got the nasolabial SLIGHT folds myself and they're my downfall. Well I have one forehead line and the 11 between my eyebrows. No matter how hard I try NOT to, it seems my eyebrows are always going UP non stop! So I'm looking for a good product to purchase myself. I just rec'd a sample of super venom from gardenofwisdom.com so I don't know if this will work or not. I'll let you all know!

Lefemme, I don't think the Super Viper serum (Not Viper Venom which is sold by GOW) is working yet, or I don't feel any difference, but I like the gentle cleanser, which doesn't dry out my skin. I also think the DMAE Anime seems pretty good. The jury is still out for the Wild berry serum w/ Kojic Acid. I'm also not sure about the Bioderma Sunscreen. It balls up on my left side of the face. Weird that it only does that on the left. Maybe I put too much of it on. Will report back on the Super Viper serum though when I finish the bottle.
heathercolorado
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:22 am      Reply with quote
When you say chubby cheeks are part of the problem, do you mean that (like me) the 'hill' of the chubby makes the 'valley' between the nose and mouth look deeper?

Not like a 'wrinkle' where the skin is damaged, not an overhanging saggy 'fold,' but more like a 'trench?'

Do you ever (like me!) pinch the chubby part and wish it was gone so it would all be smooth with no hills and valleys?

Or do you mean just a line in the skin like everyone gets eventually?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:09 am      Reply with quote
hasn't sharkey or molly got rid of them with acid peels and CPS? Maybe PM them and ask if they don't turn up?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 9:58 pm      Reply with quote
Heather? you're just too cute--I'm laughing my head off here--I too have chubby cheeks which do kind of cause the "trench" I suppose! I don't like those soon-to-be folds though, they REALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLY bug me. Which is why I called my dermo's office yesterday to see if she does Resty injections. Unfortunately, she does! LOLOL If a product really works for someone here to rid one's face of the "folds" I'd be willing to give it a try for sure. I'm going to start facial exercises too, hopefully they'll help too because I sure hate needles!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:55 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |