Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IPL Machines
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
organiclover
5% products discount

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
so, im going for an acne treatment tonight since my skin has broken out beyond control. i'm going to have an treatment done with an ILP machine.
- does any one have any stories about this machine, i should know about first?
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Many of us here have had IPL's. I have personally had over 5 and a couple partials. My hubby has had 2. I love them but I have swelling and severe bruising that takes a week or so to fade. Make sure they use a topical numbing cream and ice down for the rest of today and tommorrow. I now take arnica which helps in the recovery period. If you swell too much they can prescribe a cortisone to help and/or pain medication. My doc prescribes 1 vicodin and 1 xanax to take an hour before treatment. Good luck and let us know what you think.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
well i have only ever had one spot treated at a time, but tonight i am going to have my whole face done. im a little scared, cause it kinda hurt the last time i had it done, but the results were worth it.
MCTT

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I've had 8 done on my face and now we're doing chest and arms still spot treating areas on face, start numbing 1.5 hrs before if you have skin redness be prepared for bruising, if someone can drive you have a couple of cocktails I do it all the time and it helps because even w/ numbing cream applied & as it absorbs reapplied it still hurts, but its well worth it the results from what my skin use to look like to now it's unbelievable. Like AnnieR said swelling is normal I stay swollen for about 7 days mainly under eye area and I was told to use cold compresses not ice,I do that in AM and warm @ night. Make sure no matter what you wear sunscreen even if you're only ducking to & fr car. good luck let us know tomor. how it went

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:27 pm      Reply with quote
I think it hurts but I always get thru it because the results are worth it, so I just tell myself that during my treatment. Some people don't think it hurts at all so maybe I am just a wuss! Laughing

5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:07 pm      Reply with quote
well I did it, i had my treatment last night and i gotta say it did hurt but only while it was being preformed.
it wasn't unbarable, and I didn't use any numbing creams; but i did take some tylnol before we started.
i would do it again, but maybe not wait and let it get so bad this time. Sad
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad it went well for you. It only hurts at the time, for me as well. Icing down really helps. My hubby usually drives me so I can hold the ice pack, plus I squeeze his poor hand the whole time the procedure is being performed! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
Aren't there different kinds of light used for different kinds of treatments?

I wonder if the light wavelength/color affects the experience of the IPLee, as in the side effects being discussed here.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:58 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |