Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Vitamin C Serum -- best brand/type for sensitive skin?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:57 am      Reply with quote
I've never used C serum before. I think my skin is sensitive, based on how it reacts with low level OTC retinol cream. Please let me know a good brand (and name of product if there's more than one in the product line) of Vitamin C Serum for sensitive skin. Thanks for helping.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
My skin isn't sensitive and I've never used it myself, but I know the TNS C serum is based on tetra C, which is potent, but billed as totally non-irritating. There are other serums out there that are C ester serums, but I don't think they're particularly effective.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:48 am      Reply with quote
katee--what does TNS stand for?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I think Vivier is the most gentle ones and it is pretty effective. You just always need to start with a lower percentage.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:11 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and I use Emergin C and its great skin is very smooth. I like you thought that some of the serums are harsh but not this one.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
katee--what does TNS stand for?

Laughing.... No idea! I actually meant to direct her to the Skin Medica C Serum - they also make TNS Recovery Complex.

thank you for pointing that out to me
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
So far I like Vivier over Cellex-C and Emergen-C.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have really sensitive skin and most active serums leave my face red and irritated. However, I'm loving my Vivier C 20%. It really stings my face for about 20 mins after application, but it doesn't leave my face irritated or anything. Prior to Vivier 20%, I was using PSF 10% on and off for about 5 weeks. Although it didn't irritate my skin, it left my skin rather dry. I would suggest Vivier over PSF and to start at a low %. Vivier has a C eye serum in 5%, so if your skin is very sensitive and you've never used vit c before, you can use the eye serum as your face serum instead.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:45 pm      Reply with quote
For me so far the best is IS Clinical Super Serum.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:35 am      Reply with quote
Great thread!
I also have this problem.
Thanks to everyone. I'm gonna try the Vivier.
Mabsy

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
My top pick would be Vivier but I have to say that the CSRx also seemed very gentle and it had a 12% concentration instead of the usual 10% starting point. JB C&C serum would also be good for those with really sensitive skin because it's composed of 5% each of two types of different vit Cs, the l-ascorbic of which tends to be the one that potentially irritates more (and this is what Vivier etc are based on).

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:31 am      Reply with quote
La Roche Posay Active C is a wonderful product -- great for sensitive skin!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much for starting this thread! I need exactly this kind of product--still not 100% sure if it's vit c or just mere aging that's causing the broken caps to proliferate on my face, but after laying off everyday application of c, I'm about 80% convinced it's the acid. Same thing happened when I realized that SkinCeuticals' cleanser with AHA was also causing them--I stopped it and they receded, somewhat. Evidently my skin does not enjoy daily acid trips.

Katee, on your rec, I'm going to find a tetra c, thanks! It's the 'stinging' that perhaps is the best indication of the acidity's action on the skin, no? So we should avoid those products?

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
carolb69
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:44 am      Reply with quote
C E Ferulic is working well for me. I have Katee's Triple C serum sample coming to me Smile

IS Clinicals really irritated mine. Same with SC AOX one.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:16 pm      Reply with quote
What is the precentage of Vitamin C in IS Clinical Super Serum? I am considering purchasing from EDS (I need to anyway) and while they have the free PSF 12% Vitamin C solution and I am wondering how my skin would react to it. I was fine with the IS Clinical super serum but as always, am still looking before I commit to something so expensive when I am about to take on more student loans. Thanks and sorry for the mini-novel.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Up just found it, its 15% in case any one is interested.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
Vivier lovers, could you please tell me if Vivier C serum easy to store?
twinkle-bright
5% products discount

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried cellex-c and it was very gentle on my sensitive skin.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I have pretty sensitive skin and have never used any peels or acids on my face because of that, but being 35 I decided it was time to start some preventative measures. Last week I started using Cellex-C and so far no redness, dryness or breakouts. I'm very happy.
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Evidently my skin does not enjoy daily acid trips.

--avalange

Laughing Laughing Laughing I like that!!! Funnily enough, my skin LOVES them!!!

Oh, and BTW, I've tried PSF and IS Clinical, and both were good (although skin not really sensitive..). The IS Cilinical range is fabulous on my skin - and wins hands down.
havana8

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:36 pm      Reply with quote
I have trouble with Vitamin C's too but surprisingly found Candy's Triple C to be non-irritating to my skin.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:43 pm      Reply with quote
cellex-c is good!
Dora
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:03 am      Reply with quote
I also recommend you SkinMedica Vitamin C Complex.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 14, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I just got back from my facial -- first time I've seen my esthetician since adding Vivier 5% vitamin C serum (the one for eyes). She commented that my skin was very very dry and that the vitamin C could be causing my dryness and peeling. I had only used it for 3 mornings in a row about a week and a half ago and my skin has been acting odd ever since. So maybe even that little bit was too much for me. I may only use the vitamin c serum once per week, if even that often. After all, will I get any benefit at all out of using that low concentration so infrequently?
vanejane
5% products discount

Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I use to use c-effectives and really liked it, it had a more slick and oily like texture than ISC super which feels more water, maybe a serum that feels more oily is better for dry skin. I think obagi makes a very similar product to c-effectives and is quite reasonable in price. I have aslo read that if you acne prone skin you should use a 10% or 15% as a higher dosage of l-absorbic may aggrevate the skin.

Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:25 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |