Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
long overdue review for sage skin care - www.zerozits.com
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sark
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
i'm actually pretty surprised that there's no real mention of sage skin care on the eds forums because it has such a following on mua (which is where i initially heard about it). i probably used these products for about 3-4 years, so right off the bat it's pretty obvious that i think it does have some good qualities. that said though, this is a mixed review, or at least, a realistic one Smile

first off, for anyone who cares about their skincare being organic, silicone-free, paraben-free, glycol-free, etc., this is not the line for you.

sage's spiel is basically that it uses gentle forms of benzoyl peroxide and salicylic acid buffered in aloe to combat acne.
over the years, i religiously used the corrective grains (gentle daily exfoliation), facial shampoo, zit zapper (bha serum/gel), and fix zit (5%, 10%, and extra strength versions of b.p. gel/cream, to be used only at night). i was sporadic about "icing" (they believe in using ice and cold water on the skin rather than steam and warm water). i also used some of their moisturizers and spf as needed.

i do think that their products work in the fight against blemishes. my skin was pretty good the whole time i used the line. i did feel after a while though that i would occasionally get some flakies, and that it might have been a bit too drying, but this wasn't a big problem. i did however feel that i just wasn't getting the "glow" that i really wanted. i also became a bit concerned about long term use of b.p., even in a mild form, and in the short term, i was getting really annoyed about the b.p. bleaching whatever it came into contact with (i would get bleach spots on my pillowcases). plus, you're supposed to put on a fairly thick layer of the fix zit at night, with extra dabs on blemishes, and i just felt incredibly unsexy getting into bed like that with my husband next to me Smile

since quitting sage, i've decided to switch over to the organic skincare side, and have tried out juice beauty (not so good for me), zenbiotic (ok, not totally wowed), and now naturderm, dr. hauschka and primavera. i've also got some osea samples on the way and just picked up the ren skincare jojoba facial scrub. but, for anyone who is fed up with acne, wants an alternative to proactiv, and doesn't care about organic skincare, i would say give sage skin care a shot. plus, the customer service is really great, and it's a women owned/operated company, which is always nice to support . . .
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:03 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting review Smile
Josefa

Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Actually, I'm very interested in knowing what organic lines have worked for you. Sage's customer service is appalling. I have been a customer of theirs for over 8 years, and for the past 2 years, have had nothing but problems with them. Right now, I am waiting for an order that I placed over 2 weeks ago. I've sent out 3 emails to them, posted on their website, and left them a voice mail message...all to no avail. Their shipping times are long, shipping containers cheap, and their shipping prices are the highest anywhere. This, combined with their lousy treatment of customers is inexcusable. Sage has great products, but I am more than ready for a change.
mishie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I found that their shipping rates to Canada were ridiculous.
Even the postage on the parcel was less than half of what was charged and when I questioned what the other half of the amount was for I was told it was to fill out customs forms.
That was the very last time I bought anything from them!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |