Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Alima Finishing Powder: disappointed
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:04 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, you guys know I'm a huge Alima fan and all, but I was way disappointed with this stuff. I ordered two sample jars recently in the two lightest colors: light yellow and cool beige. My first impression of it was ok--- it has that same light silky texture that the Alima foundation has. However, that's where the good impression ended. First of all, both colors are too dark for me. Even worse, in certain lights the finish is slightly shimmery--- not cool! I'm an oily girl so I like an EXTREMELY matte finish. Needless to say I'll be sticking with my pearl silk dust for a finishing powder, and my Alima samples are up for swap at MUA!

Alima Finishing Powder can be purchased atwww.alimacosmetics.com. It costs $14 for a full size jar, and $1 for a sample jar.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
I ordered this with my last order in Light Yellow. I think it works ok for me and it does seem to help cut some of the shine that would appear on my nose mid-day (I only use it in my tzone). I do like the slight shimmer in it, but I prefer a slight shimmer over a truly matte look (I would say I have more combo skin). I had tried the Cool Beige as well, but had the same problem ... it seemed a bit too dark for me (I'm a N1 Chiffon). I would probably consider repurchasing it, unless I find something better along the way. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I jumped the gun and ordered a full size of it in Light Yellow without even trying the sample. The color turned out alright on my yellow-toned Asian skin. It turned out to be too drying and mattifying for my dry skin and really irritated my face just like Alima foundation did. I think Alima foundation and finishing powder aren't for me. It might suit someone with combo/oily skin better.

Lynn

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:13 am      Reply with quote
The finishing powder does seem a bit drying. I too ordered the full size in Light Yellow. I find it works better if I am using it over my Everyday MMU Intensive Cover, as that still has way too much sheen and is on the pinkish side. Over the Alima, the two together dries too much.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I really wanted to love Alima but the foundation wasn't for me. I have dry skin and it seemed to accxentuate dry patches I hadn't seen before. Lumiere was better (I think it's the squalane). I'm waiting to receive my samples from UGLOGIRL.

I have to say that the foundation samples came beautifully packaged from Alima and I love the brush I got.
Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I really wanted to love Alima but the foundation wasn't for me. I have dry skin and it seemed to accxentuate dry patches I hadn't seen before. Lumiere was better (I think it's the squalane). I'm waiting to receive my samples from UGLOGIRL.

I have to say that the foundation samples came beautifully packaged from Alima and I love the brush I got.
Very Happy

I'd highly recommend Lily Lolo MMU. It's a UK based company. I too have very dry parched flaky skin, but this foundation works beautifully on my skin. To be honest, I can still see the flakies, but nothing nearly as bad as with Alima or Lumiere. Their Flawless Silk finishing powder is very nice as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you - I will look into your recommendation.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Im telling you Liz you MUST try the UGG Soft glo finisher, its the best ever!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
Thank you - I will look into your recommendation.

You can get samples for 99p each and shipping is so cheap within the UK. If I remember correctly, that's where you're from.

Here's the link if you're interested:
www.lilylolo.co.uk

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:10 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

I'm looking forward to my samples arriving.
Melissa is very nice.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
vonstella wrote:

I'm looking forward to my samples arriving.
Melissa is very nice.

I know isnt she!?! Let me know how you like them!

P.S. have you gotten your package yet?

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

I hear and obey, mistress! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:15 pm      Reply with quote
vonstella wrote:

P.S. have you gotten your package yet?

Not yet - sometimes postage to Australia is within a week and other times it takes longer.

My skin is excited.
Razz
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
vonstella wrote:

I hear and obey, mistress! Wink

Laughing
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm different. I don't like Alima's foundation, but I find Alima's finishing powder makes my skin look flawless! I love sandstone finishing powder.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |