Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Wellbox anti-cellulite device - REVIEW
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:59 am      Reply with quote
Some people may remember that I mentioned that my sister had snagged a few of these and gave me one as a Christmas gift. Several people asked me to review it, and I thought this was as good a time to do that as any.

Although this is advertised as something that can be used in several ways, including to firm one's face, it is principally an at home endermologie machine. It certainly operates on the same principle. Massaging rollers and suction. It retails for a whopping $1595!

The accompanying instructional videotape, as well as their website, demonstrates this being used on the neck and face. I have NOT used it this way and frankly would not. Even at a low setting, it's a powerful unit and I'm just not anxious to pull and stretch my face that way.

The other thing I have to mention is that I really don't have much in the way of cellulite. I'm also slender and pretty much always have been. I've never had children and my body skin is pretty firm. Nevertheless, I've used the machine as instructed on my thighs, butt, tummy, my bust, and my upper arms. I've been using it 4 times per week since Christmas.

It does provide an absolutely lovely massage and a deep tissue one at that. No question about it, it feels REALLY good.

But, does it do what it says it does?

It's difficult for me to assess for the reasons I mentioned. I did have what I considered some cellulite at the top of my thighs just under my butt cheeks. That IS gone, and the skin is now very smooth and firm. And, overall, in all the areas that I've used it, my skin tone overall has definitely improved. Maybe it's due to an improvement in circulation? I'm really not sure. But, my skin is smoother and and alot more even in tone and color.

The only way I can think of to describe it is to compare it to the way your skin looks after you've used a really nice scrub in the shower and then followed it with lotion or body oil. Since I've been using the Wellbox, my skin has that quality - kind of soft and glowy - whether I've done the whole scrub followed by lotion thing or not.

I think that for someone with more of a cellulite problem, the effects might be more pronounced.

With all of that said, though, is it worth $1600?? I don't know what a series of endermologie treatments cost. I do know that in addition to the first series of treatments, in order to maintain the results, it is necessary to go in for occasional maintenance treatments.

Endermologie itself gets mixed reviews. From what I've heard about it, it seems to be most effective for women who have cellulite problems but who are NOT overweight.

My guess is that purchasing and using the Wellbox at home probably costs signficantly less than endermologie at a medispa.

It's a very nice device. Would I purchase one? Not a chance...
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Katee,

How much time each treatment takes? Is it difficult to do?

Thank you very much for the review. Smile
lillilulu
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
Katee, This is too much. You have a beautiful face, a good figure, intelligence, even your pets are drop dead gorgeous. As if that's not enough for one person, you also have a sister who gives you fantastic presents! Now we hear you have almost NO CELLULITE. AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.(That's me screaming)
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
lillilulu wrote:
Katee, This is too much. You have a beautiful face, a good figure, intelligence, even your pets are drop dead gorgeous. As if that's not enough for one person, you also have a sister who gives you fantastic presents! Now we hear you have almost NO CELLULITE. AAAAGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.(That's me screaming)

Laughing....

Nut!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Doba,

It's very easy to do AND it feels really good, especially after a workout and shower. There's a manual that gives different times and settings for each area of your body, and varies between a full, intense treatment and a milder one.

When I do my thighs and butt, I spend 15-20 minutes on each side. But, if you do your tummy, for instance, it's only 7 minutes total.

As I said in the review, I've never used it on my face. My sister HAS and she said that the treatment settings for the face are way gentler and she said that it took about 5 weeks, but that it does have a nice firming and toning effect. I haven't seen her since she's been using it, but I asked her to take a photo for me.

If the unit wasn't so damn expensive, I'd be giving it a great review. I do see them sold on eBay from time to time for $2-300 less, but that's still very expensive!
Oakview
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
From what I can tell (and I'm the first to admit I'm no expert in fine print), you have to buy from an "authorized dealer" for the warranty to be effective. Be careful if you buy on ebay!
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I got mine as a gift and I did send in the warranty card. They DO ask who you purchased it from, but they accepted my response that it was a gift and sent me back the warranty book, etc.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
Doba,

It's very easy to do AND it feels really good, especially after a workout and shower. There's a manual that gives different times and settings for each area of your body, and varies between a full, intense treatment and a milder one.

When I do my thighs and butt, I spend 15-20 minutes on each side. But, if you do your tummy, for instance, it's only 7 minutes total.

As I said in the review, I've never used it on my face. My sister HAS and she said that the treatment settings for the face are way gentler and she said that it took about 5 weeks, but that it does have a nice firming and toning effect. I haven't seen her since she's been using it, but I asked her to take a photo for me.

If the unit wasn't so damn expensive, I'd be giving it a great review. I do see them sold on eBay from time to time for $2-300 less, but that's still very expensive!

Thank you very much. I agree, it is expensive!
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
it is too expensive for me!
lin23
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:02 am      Reply with quote
Katee,
still using your wellbox ? What are your sister's experiences, using it on her face ?
thanks,
lin23
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
If you read the review, lin23, you can see that while I found the massage action relaxing, I'm not that big on gadgets and when I want a massage, I like the feel of human hands.

The action of the wellbox is modelled on that of endermologie - rolling and suction. The face settings aren't as powerful as the ones used on the body, but, to be honest, I don't think it's good to treat the skin on your face and neck to that kind of trauma. I urged my sister to stop using it on her face. She usually ignores my advice ( Laughing we ARE sisters, after all), but since she wasn't seeing any positive results, this time it wasn't such a hard sell.

Again, I don't really have much in the way of cellulite. I DO think that, if used diligently, the wellbox WILL help reduce cellulite. But for my purposes, it represented an extravagance I just didn't enjoy sufficiently to warrant keeping it. Both my sister and I sold our wellboxes on ebay.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |