Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What is your original home state?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
I was born in Kentucky, but I grew up in Indiana. Grew up in the sticks, just like Harmonster! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR, sorry darlin mafia's mafia - I don't care where you live. Cattle theives, etc. are just plain old theives.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
I was born in Boston, MA. Smile
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
<pssst - if ya head in a southwesterly direction from Chicago toward Dekalb they have tons of cows you can go tip! LOL>

Harmonster wrote:
Originally from Southeast Ohio.
Raised in the sticks! Chased chickens, that sort of thing.

Living in Illinois!
It's not bad.
No cows to tip, though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Born and raised in Orange County, California. Lived there all my life except for the past several years, when I moved from Newport Beach north to Los Angeles to attend UCLA. Currently living in West LA.

This all means that I have never permanently lived more than 50 miles from where I was born and raised, so if that makes me dull and boring, so be it! I cannot imagine living anywhere else but southern California (except maybe Italy or some tropical resort area). I know a number of people that have traveled and/or lived all over the world, and every single one of them says that southern California is the best place they've ever lived, specifically Orange County. That said, I have a whole long list of places I'd like to visit!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:17 am      Reply with quote
Tosca wrote:
I'm originally from Pensacola, Florida, and then I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for about four years. Right now, I live in Birmingham, AL. It's definitely not where I want to be. If it were just up to me, I'd still be in Atlanta, or I'd move to Dallas. We actually plan to move to Arizona someday.

I love New York too, but I wouldn't survive the winter.

ARIZONA??? But WHY? It's too bloody hot here in the summer!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
Salli-Alright then, I'll just have to be me. Laughing
(My hubby says he isn't going to let me watch that show anymore while drinking margaritas, gives me ideas and makes me bossy!) Laughing The cattle thief thing is where we would sometimes move my dads penned livestock before market to another pen at another pasture late at night and pretend he did it and didn't remember. We did finally get caught and he didn't think it was as funny as we did.
Although the cow tipping brings back many memories of a Saturday night drinking Boone's Farm Wine. Growing up in the country in a small town, entertainment was what you made of it. Glad to hear that is a global thing. Could it also be international?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:18 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR, I'll bet "you" is great. The small town Saturday night entertainment I can definitely relate to. Never did the cow "theiving" thing - does kinda sound like fun though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
We called it Redneck Saturday night. I'm a LOT more civilized now! Laughing
Suprised how many Texans are on the board (and honorary ones too!) There are quite a few of you who would make great ones. Smile
I was suprised to learn we weren't our own country, guess we have to keep working at it. Crying or Very sad

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:38 am      Reply with quote
I've become much more civilized myself. Like you, I was quite surprised and disappointed when I learned we were not our own country.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Fifth generation Iowan here!

Have lived in Chicago and New York. I've also traveled the world...it's all beautiful.

We stopped cow tipping some time ago and now go snipe hunting.
LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Paris Troika---I'm a Michigander through and through as well! Went to Uof M myself, but that was long ago...I also miss the winters! Here in San Francisco we only get a bit of rain Sad Still spend a month every summer on Glen Lake, we hope to retire there someday.
Tosca
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:08 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Tosca wrote:
I'm originally from Pensacola, Florida, and then I lived in Atlanta, Georgia for about four years. Right now, I live in Birmingham, AL. It's definitely not where I want to be. If it were just up to me, I'd still be in Atlanta, or I'd move to Dallas. We actually plan to move to Arizona someday.

I love New York too, but I wouldn't survive the winter.

ARIZONA??? But WHY? It's too bloody hot here in the summer!

I don't mind the heat at all. Honestly, its no more intolerable than it is here because of the humidity difference.

Also, I think it's beautiful there. I love the wildlife in the desert too. Everytime we visit, I see the coolest animals.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
LeeBee wrote:
Paris Troika---I'm a Michigander through and through as well! Went to Uof M myself, but that was long ago...I also miss the winters! Here in San Francisco we only get a bit of rain Sad Still spend a month every summer on Glen Lake, we hope to retire there someday.

Glen Lake? I grew up near Cedar and went to school in Leland until I was 12...then I moved to Traverse City.

Yay for northern Michigan Smile

Tosca...I do love the desert...it fun for hiking, and the mountains make great escapes from the heat. I guess I'm just bitter because I have to work outside in the severe heat in the summer...no shade. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
OK, WHAT is cow-tipping?Image
Harmonster
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Lol.
We ain't 'lowed ta talk 'bout that in fronta' comp'ny.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
ImageImageImageImageImage
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:40 pm      Reply with quote
Born in Germany, raised in Virginia, and currently I am being held captive by the military in Texas Rolling Eyes
Candy8865
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_tipping

katee wrote:

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:00 am      Reply with quote
Born in Brooklyn, NY (Yo!)

Lived in:
Vermont
San Francisco
Michigan
Indiana
North Carolina
Ohio
and now Florida.

Gosh, I'm tired just listing all of those places! Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Candy8865 wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_tipping

katee wrote:

Thank you, Candy darlin'.

AND, to the rest of you - that is so MEAN !!! Poor cow. What if it can't get up? Are you gonna help? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Cause you're laying on your back somewhere nursing a hangover. Image
Mary H.
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:05 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Born and raised in Orange County, California. Lived there all my life except for the past several years, when I moved from Newport Beach north to Los Angeles to attend UCLA. Currently living in West LA.

This all means that I have never permanently lived more than 50 miles from where I was born and raised, so if that makes me dull and boring, so be it! I cannot imagine living anywhere else but southern California (except maybe Italy or some tropical resort area). I know a number of people that have traveled and/or lived all over the world, and every single one of them says that southern California is the best place they've ever lived, specifically Orange County. That said, I have a whole long list of places I'd like to visit!

Mermaid, your life sounds a lot like mine! I was born in San Francisco, but moved to Orange County when I was very small and basically grew up there (lived in Newport Beach, Irvine, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa...all over the place!). I finally left in 1998 when my then-boyfriend (now hubby) got a job opportunity in Phoenix...and we've been living in Scottsdale ever since! Well, except for a brief jaunt to Austin, TX from 2002 - 2003 (again, work related).

Anyway, I do love Arizona, and it's become my permanent home. But...you are not "dull and boring" at all for wanting to stay in So Cal! It had never occurred to me to even THINK about moving elsewhere until hubby's job thing happened. I still have family and friends in the area, and I love going back to Orange County whenever I can to see all my old haunts and get a glimpse of the ocean...

Mary Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:45 am      Reply with quote
Just to get us Canadians in on this...we're always left out!!!!

I was born in Greece & promptly (at the tender age of one) wisked off to Glace Bay N.S. ( don't ask), then Halifax, Moncton then finally to balmy Montreal.I love Montreal..you walk down the street & hear 3-4 languages going at the same time-usually in the same sentence.I start off a sentence in French, switch to English then finish off in Greek. This is normal in here. Sometime I wonder how we understand each other.If it weren't for the wacky weather...

Never been to New York, although I was forced to go to New Jersey once Embarassed Love Florida, mainly for the great deals on clothes...boy, you guys can get great stuff for practically nothing! I would love to visit Texas..my favorite food is steak (& ribs) & I heard they serve'em up big in Texas. Wink If I could choose any place to live in the states though, it would be San Francisco..my kinda place.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Ack Marina, do NOT utter the name of New Jersey in the same sentence as New York ! (no offense to my Jersey cousins Wink )!

But, if you think the shopping in Florida is good - shaking my head. I went shopping in NYC a few weeks ago to hit the Presidents Day sales. American Express actually asked to talk to me Laughing . They probably thought I was having some kind of psychotic breakdown!

I admit that I may be biased, but I've travelled all over the world, and there are many cities and places that I love, in fact, right now we're thinking of spending a year in Italy in we can swing it, but I still maintain that NYC is the best place in the world. It doesn't matter what your preference is. Shopping, museums, music, food, every ethnic group and combination imaginable, great sports teams - NYC has it all. It really was a wonderful place to grow up.

I've often thought about going back there to live, but the cost of real estate in the city itself is sky high. The only way we could maintain the lifestyle that we've grown accustomed to would be to commute for 90 minutes twice a day, and I'm just not up for that. For now, I'm happy to be able to go up for a couple of days every few weeks. BUT, you've got to get yourself there for a visit, girl!
marina
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
I'll get there...I think hubby is keeping me away from NY city on purpose..he already frets about me being on a friendly basis with SA's at Saks & such...they sent me birthday cards!

We went to New Jersey for his cousin's wedding..he drove stright from NJ to Long Island for the reception..I got to see some bridge or something..that was it. He thinks I do way too much damage as it is without stepping foot in NY. He's right but I'll never admit it Wink
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |