Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)
Decleor
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
tthagen1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone:

I was just wondering everyones thoughts on the Decleor line. I have gotten several samples from EDS and I have loved them (atleast what I've tried). I would love to hear what everyone's favorites are (especially those with dry skin).

thanks
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I really like it and use it in combination with other products. I'm pretty faithful to the Rose D'Orient Oil and also Gentle Harmonie Soothing Cream. I also use Alpha Morning on occasion and one of the balms.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:36 am      Reply with quote
Gentle Harmonie Soothing Cream is the best for my sensitive skin
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
Neroli Aromaessence and essential balm and angelique balm are my favorites.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
The Essential Balm, Ylang Ylang Oil and Harmonie Soothing Cream are my favourites.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
I have tried samples of all the Aromessence oils except for Ylang Ylang (because I have dry skin). I have found Angelique best for my skin. I love the smell of neroli best but the angelique is more moisturizing. I think the Iris (for "mature" skin) is a bit too much for me. I'm 41yo - don't know what "mature" is?!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:37 am      Reply with quote
So far I've had really bad (and I mean REALLY bad!!!) experiences with Decleor products. I've only purchased one full size product, Hydra-Floral Mask, and honestly, I've never put anything worse on my skin. Their other products I've tried were all samples and my skin reacted badly to them as well. I wish I could like them as they're very reasonably priced and smell lovely, but they're so not for me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor Aroma White Brightening Night Cream and IRIS Night Balm are my favorites and these two products are good for dry skin.
Smoothskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor used to be a good brand before Shiseido took over and changed all the formulations in my opinion.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
While I haven't used my balms in awhile...I adore the Ylang Ylang oil...it's a daily staple of mine!

I have the Essential and YY balms as well...I'm thinking of re-introducing them as the summer months are coming and with the heat, my oil production hits an all time high.

Love Decleor!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Well, I have succumbed to my lemming and ordered the Decleor Essential Balm from EDS. I am counting down the days.

I have been using Jurlique and Dr Hauschka (both discovered through EDS while lurking) and although these ranges both did great things for my skin (I had breakouts and flakiness all at the same time) - I really am getting to the point where I have dullness, crepe-skin, lines, general blahness. I need something to give it all a bit of a push. I ventured off and tried some other lines - L'Occitane (too much fragrance), Sisley (broke out) and just recently, ASAP (Australian line - based on glycolic acid - too harsh and got dry itchy skin). So I returned to my Dr H.

I must say though, it was hard work not adding all these extra items to my cart ... I loaded my cart, emptied my cart, loaded my cart ... and in the end, I decided to try one thing first and if it is true love, I will be back for more!!

I must say, the prices here on EDS are fantastic (even though I am in Australia, taking into account the shipping cost) - and their range is excellent. But what I have enjoyed just as much is trawling through the threads and reading other peoples actual experiences. That has been fantastic.

So thanks everyone for sharing their joys and pains - it's been so helpful for me (skin junkie that I am).

(sorry for the long post ... am excited about my order!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:46 am      Reply with quote
Serendipity wrote:
Well, I have succumbed to my lemming and ordered the Decleor Essential Balm from EDS. I am counting down the days.

I have been using Jurlique and Dr Hauschka (both discovered through EDS while lurking) and although these ranges both did great things for my skin (I had breakouts and flakiness all at the same time) - I really am getting to the point where I have dullness, crepe-skin, lines, general blahness. I need something to give it all a bit of a push. I ventured off and tried some other lines - L'Occitane (too much fragrance), Sisley (broke out) and just recently, ASAP (Australian line - based on glycolic acid - too harsh and got dry itchy skin). So I returned to my Dr H.

I must say though, it was hard work not adding all these extra items to my cart ... I loaded my cart, emptied my cart, loaded my cart ... and in the end, I decided to try one thing first and if it is true love, I will be back for more!!

I must say, the prices here on EDS are fantastic (even though I am in Australia, taking into account the shipping cost) - and their range is excellent. But what I have enjoyed just as much is trawling through the threads and reading other peoples actual experiences. That has been fantastic.

So thanks everyone for sharing their joys and pains - it's been so helpful for me (skin junkie that I am).

(sorry for the long post ... am excited about my order!)

LOL you sound just like me. Loading up my cart, emptying it, loading up my cart, taking a few things off, loading up my cart again thinking it can't hurt having extra products, changing my mind and deciding to save $$$, but eventually giving in to temptations and getting them all Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Serendipity,

Let us know how you like Decleor's Essential Balm.

What Decleor samples had you tried before posting this thread and ultimately deciding on the Essential Balm?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Serendipity,

Let us know how you like Decleor's Essential Balm.

What Decleor samples had you tried before posting this thread and ultimately deciding on the Essential Balm?

Hi Lunarmm - well I am trying to be really cautious about a new line and really want to try before I buy. I emailed EDS to see if I could buy samples but they said no, but they can include samples in a purchase. So I decided to jump in and buy one product first - and I asked for some samples when I ordered so I am hoping the lovely people at EDS will pop some in for me!!

I decided on Essential Balm after reading reviews - lots of them - on MUA and EDS. My skin is really hard to categorise - I would call it neither dry nor oily - it is dehydrated and prone to congestion!! After reading all the product descriptions for the Declear range - I wanted everything!! So I decided to try for one item first - the one which consistently got good reviews. Hope this helps.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:33 pm      Reply with quote
I like the toner, good for dry skin
Mammamia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:35 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Decleor used to be a good brand before Shiseido took over and changed all the formulations in my opinion.

Hi Smoothskin,
Do you have any proof that this is true? I was a bit disappointed when Shiseido bought Decleor and was wondering if anything would change. Please post a link if you've read about any ingredients changing. Thanks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:39 am      Reply with quote
My skin is a little OILY.
I have used AROMESSENCE YLANGYLANG and ESSENTIAL BALM. I think they're maybe just ok.
They do work on reducing oil, but there is no help to my large pores.><
And it takes so much time to massage until the products are totally absorbed.
I will not buy them again, but i still wish to try AROMESSENCE NERILE.
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
A little off topic here but, if I'm not wrong, the Ylang balm has shea butter in it - I found that puzzling since it's for oily skin - can anyone explain this?
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Maybe the balm has shea butter in it I don't know.

Here's info I collected for myself on the Decleor Aromessence oils that others might find useful:

Decleor AROMESSENCE ANGÉLIQUE (dry skin)
Essential Oils of Angelica, Camomile, Geranium, Rosemary : 3%
Avocado Oil : 5%
All Ingredients:
corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil, triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, pelargonium graveolens oil, anthemis nobilis flower oil, angelica archangelica root oil

Decleor AROMESSENCE NEROLI (all skin types)
Key Ingredients: Essential Oils of Sandalwood, Neroli, Petit Grain, Sage, Parsley, and Juniper Berries. 2.9 % Hazelnut plant oil
All Ingredients:
CORYLUS AVELLANA (HAZEL) SEED OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) OIL, SANTALUM ALBUM (SANDALWOOD) OIL, JUNIPERUS COMMUNIS FRUIT OIL, CITRUS AURANTIUM AMARA (BITTER ORANGE) NEROLI OIL, SALVIA SCLAREA (CLARY) OIL, CARUM PETROSELINUM (PARSLEY) OIL

Decleor AROMESSENCE ROSE D'ORIENT (sensitive, reactive skin)
Essential Oils of Roman Camomile, Neroli, Damask Rose, Petit Grain : 2.9%
Blackcurrant Seed Oil : 3%
All Ingredients:
Sweet Almond (Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis) Oil, Black Currant (Ribes Nigrum) Oil, Corn (Zea Mays) Oil, Bitter Orange (Citrus Aurantium Amara) Oil, Tocopherol, Sunflower (Helianthus Annuus) Seed Oil, Bitter Orange (Citrus Aurantium Amara) Neroli Oil, Carrot (Daucus Carota) Extract, Rose Oil, Chamomile (Anthemis nobilis). Aromatic essences: Damask Rose, Roman Chamomile, Petit Grain, Neroli (2.9%). Vegetable oils: Blackcurrant Seed, Peroxidise Corn Derivative (97.1%).

Decleor AROMESSENCE IRIS (mature)
Ingredients: Orris concrete, jasmine absolute essential oils, manuka, lemongrass, geranium, camomile, neroli, rose, frankincense, lavender, plant oils: plum kernel, rosa rubiginosa, hazelnut, borage, wheat germ, palm tocopherols.
All Ingredients:
corylus avellana (hazel) seed oil, helianthus, annuus (sunflower) seed oil, rosa moschata seed oil, prunus domestica fruit extract, daucus carota sativa (carrot) root extract, lavandula angustifolia (lavender) oil, pelargonium graveolens oil, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) oil, citrus aurantium amara (bitter orange) neroli oil, rose flower oil, elaeis guineensis (palm) oil, leptospermum scoparium oil, iris florentina root extract, jasminum grandiflorum (jasmine) oil, boswella carterii oi

Decleor AROSSENCE YLANG YLANG (oily and combination)
Essential Oils of Ylang Ylang, Geranium, Rosemary, St. Thomas Bay : 3%
All Ingredients:
Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Pimenta Acris (Bay) Leaf Oil

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
That's not the full ingredient list for the Ylang Ylang.
This is from Dermstore.com:
Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed Oil, Simmondsia (jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax (cera Alba), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Zea Mays (corn) Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (carnauba) Wax, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (basil) Oil, Dipteryx Odorata Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea Tree) Leaf Oil

HTH! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:17 am      Reply with quote
I've tried Decleo samples on numerous occasions in the last few years and there was always some skin problem afterwards. I'm going to stop accepting samples and just admit the line is not for me.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi ParisTroika,

Yes, those are the ingredients for the Ylang Ylang night balm:
Ingredients: Corylus Avellana (hazel) Seed Oil, Simmondsia (jojoba) Seed Oil, Beeswax (cera Alba), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Zea Mays (corn) Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (carnauba) Wax, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (basil) Oil, Dipteryx Odorata Seed Extract, Tocopherol, Melaleuca Alternifolia (tea Tree) Leaf Oil

I was posting the Decleor Aromessence oil combinations ingredients.
So the Ylang Ylang Aromessence oil (Purifying Concentrate) ingredients are as I posted:
Ingredients: Corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil, Cananga Odorata Flower Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Oil, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil, Pimenta Acris (Bay) Leaf Oil

BTW, Carekate makes a Ylang Ylang Sebum Regulating Fluid for much less $ for more product (was $12.50 for 1.5oz - not sure if price has changed since the list I have):
Ingredients: Kukui nut oil, ylang ylang EO, Geranium EO, Lavender EO, Bay Leaf EO, Rosemary EO.

I'm not oily but dry - so I hope when Carekate gets some time / catches up with all her demands, she might make versions similar to Decleor Neroli and Decleor Angelique - hint, hint Idea

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm definitely going with CareKate's version of YY oil once my Decleor runs out (whenever THAT will be...it takes forever!)

I'd also like to try IFP Clarifying Serum.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Wow thanks for the ingredients lists - extremely helpful. BTW, I read on MUA that the Essential Balm is not to be used consistently and only for 2 weeks at a time or something, and then you have to take a break from it - is this true? What happens if you never stop? Skin gets used to it?
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
I use something out of the Decleor line every day. Usually it's the Ylang ylang oil but I also use the Rose d' Orient oil and balm on a regular basis. I've turned a few friends onto the line.
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 14, 2024 1:18 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Hauschka Sensitive Care Conditioner (1 ml x 50 Amps) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |