Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Do you still love your MMU?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
It has been about two months since I started using MMU. I still love Lumiere V V! I just ordered the Jurlique lavender silk powder to help with the oilies. How about you????
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
In my case, it's been about a month (I think). I still LOVE my Lily Lolo foundation and blushes and I still really like my Alima blushes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
I still love my Lumiere VV too! It had been about a month. I also use Jurlique Silk dust underneath it for the oily. Its perfect!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
i've had bare minerals for almost a year now but have not use it much at all because it irritates my skin.

if i wear it everyday i'll get flaky skin and my face will itch.

once i stopped, that went away. i've just ordered samples from lumiere, everyday minerals, signature minerals, and alima. i'm hoping one of these brands will be good for my skin.
Metaphora
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Aromaleigh for almost 2 years now. I absolutely love it. Foundation (Glissade), eyeshadow, liner, blush, etc. I've been a makeup junkie for over 20 years and have used many different high-end and drugstore brands and so far this mineral makeup beats everything else hands down.

I've only just started branching out to other MMU brands though ... just out of sheer curiosity and makeup-junkieness! Now I'm trying out my Alima samples and really liking them too! I'll be trying Everyday Minerals and Lumiere soon.

5% products discount

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:21 am      Reply with quote
Fours years along in MMU and I still LOVE IT! Brand preference changes but I would NEVER go back to non mineral makeup. I have tried a few traditional products over the four years and within minutes was applying minerals back over them to get that healthy look back! LOL
Sidda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:27 am      Reply with quote
I've worn mmu for 20 years -- and I (obviously) love it. But I stray back to liquid often enough, because I just get so sick and tired of the mess. The powder goes everywhere. My vanity is always a mess of powders and jars. My bathroom sink is a... chore (I use OCM). I'm about to jump ship. Again. But I'll be back.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
shelliegal wrote:
i've had bare minerals for almost a year now but have not use it much at all because it irritates my skin.

if i wear it everyday i'll get flaky skin and my face will itch.

It makes me itch too, esp. the side of my nose. I know I should try another brand, but lately I have just gone with spot concealing and no foundation. I still use the mineral veil, for some reason it doesn't make me itch like the foundation does.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:26 am      Reply with quote
"Do I still love my MMU?" My relationship with my Alima MMU is like my relationship with my husband: every day I think I love it as much as I could possibly love it, and then with each day I find I love it more than the day before. (Hahaha, I know, I know, you guys are reaching for your air sickness bags! Laughing ) But seriously, I really do love it more than ever. On a recent weekend trip I actually forgot my MMU at home, so I had to use the emergency compact of pressed powder foundation in my purse, the one I used to use before I discovered MMU. I always thought that it was such a good match for my skin color, but when I put it on after such a long break, I realized it's not the right color for me at all!!!! It was like waking up from a long sleep--- like opening your eyes one day and realizing that your boyfriend is a loser and all this time you were just settling because you didn't realize it could get any better. Well, I'm here to tell you: before I discovered Alima and the wonder of getting a custom-blended shade just for my skin, I was settling in a big way! I mean, there was a line at my neck where the makeup stopped, so it was really obvious that I was wearing makeup. With Alima, people actually think I'm not wearing any foundation, and I like it like that! Bad Grin Also now that I've gotten better at applying my MMU (use even a lighter layer then I thought I needed and set it with a generous spritz of grape water), it lasts even longer than it did before. So yes, I'm DEFINITELY still loving my MMU!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:15 am      Reply with quote
Janie, I still love my MMU, using it for 6 months now and I'll never never go back to conventional makeup! I still actually enjoy the process, old liquid foundation was just a chore! Laughing

I use Everyday Minerals intensive formula, mixing about 3 different shades to match my warm/cool/slight olive combination and silk dust primer. I have oily skin and can only wish I had known about this years ago!

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:25 am      Reply with quote
I am still fairly new to the MMU routine (about 6-8 mths) and I find that I still occasionally elect to use liquid foundation, especially when my skin is really dry and flakey. If I have breakouts, the MMU's give great coverage. I also haven't decided which brand I like best, but I think I am leaning toward Alima, then PurMinerals. I find Bare Minerals waaaaaay too powdery.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:50 pm      Reply with quote
I love my Luminare'! I know you guys are talking about POWDER MMU, but for me (50's) that just didn't work out - it made me look like I was embalmed, not a good look.
Luminare' is hard to describe, sort of a paste at first that you warm between your fingers til it liquidizes.It looks just natural beyond belief for anyone with dry/dehydrated skin. I use Fantastic Finish formula, but it comes in 2 other formulations also. fawniewww.luminarecosmetics.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Most definitely. I've tried Alima and EDM only so far but am very happy with the latter. It does not clog my pores or break me out, keeps me matte when I'm oily but doesn't dry up my finicky skin too. I also love how light and breathable it is (I have slept in it with no problem) and how natural it looks, even up close.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I still love MMU...used EDM but I've moved to using Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturizer under it.

I love LM but with a light dusting of EDM over it...the results are fantastic. Plus the added sun protection doesn't hurt!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just started Alima's MMU and so far am loving every bit of it. Smile
autumn95
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
I started with MMU in 2005. I have tried various brands (I love sampling!).

Currently using Lumiere for foundation and finishing powder; but still looking for the ultimate HG.

I also love MMU blushes (much more real looking than commercial ones) and have various favorites.
Eye shadows are also a lot of fun.
smqueen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
ive been using mmu for over a year now and i love it.. i dont think i can swich back. i tried using a tinted moisturizer a for a few days and i just dont like the feeling of liquid on my face anymore and it always excentuates fine lines or open pores whereas my mmu does not.. it just melts in in a good way through out the day
Janie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
You know the best thing for me has been no breakouts! This stuff (Lumiere) really makes my skin look and feel healthy. I can't believe that I didn't know about it sooner! I just wish that I could get carekate to respond to get some of her silk powder. Surprised
roadtonowhere
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
i am still new to MMU. i use it on and off. my skin tone is kinda weird hence i have to mix 2 different shades and sometimes it gets annoying....
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
I've worn mmu for 20 years -- and I (obviously) love it. But I stray back to liquid often enough, because I just get so sick and tired of the mess. The powder goes everywhere. My vanity is always a mess of powders and jars. My bathroom sink is a... chore (I use OCM). I'm about to jump ship. Again. But I'll be back.

I do the same thing. I have used mineral makeup almost exclusively for three years now, but occasionally I find myself trying alternatives because I sometimes want something different/more simple. Right now, I have been going through a liquid-seeking phase because my skin has been dry and I hate all of my moisturizers right now.

Tina
shelliegal
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:09 am      Reply with quote
mountaingirl wrote:
I am still fairly new to the MMU routine (about 6-8 mths) and I find that I still occasionally elect to use liquid foundation, especially when my skin is really dry and flakey. If I have breakouts, the MMU's give great coverage. I also haven't decided which brand I like best, but I think I am leaning toward Alima, then PurMinerals. I find Bare Minerals waaaaaay too powdery.

i was using BE on and off but even if I don't put any make up on, I would never look at regular liquid foundation the same again.

minerals are so light that i can hardly feel it, whereas before when i was using liquid, i would feel like everyone's looking at me because they can see i have this layer on my face. Sad

i haven't use BE on my face for months now so i'm looking forward to trying other mineral brands. Very Happy
nubajelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I've been using BE and will be looking for another MMU after that's finished. i've liked the ease of application and that I can make the coverage very sheer, so I look like I'm wearing barely wearing makeup.

When i want a little more coverage, I use my Laura Mercier tinted mosturizer. I love that stuff. It's sheer, but has enough coverage to make me look flawless, and not at all heavy.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:29 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |