Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Can someone recommend a good cleanser...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
nubajelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend a good facial cleanser that also removes makeup thoroughly, but isn't too stripping. I'm using a cream/lotion type cleaner (Marjorie Bretagne) which I think doesn't really remove the makeup very well.

I'm also not looking for an oil cleanser. I know they remove makeup quite well, but i've tried the Shu Uemura oil cleanser in the past, and I don't like the thought of putting oil on my face.

What are good suggestions for drug store brands? Or higher price brands?

Thanks for your help.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:59 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on how much makeup you wear. If it's only minimal makeup, I find Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk (dry/sensitive skin) and Yon-Ka Cleansing Gel (combo/oily skin) does the job very well. They are both retailed at decent prices and EDS offer them. Personally, I prefer Eve Lom Cleanser. It's rather expensive, but does the job very well and leaves my skin feeling soft and really smooth. I've also heard good things about Thalgo Pure Delicacy Milk. For a splurge, Cellcosmet Gentle Cream Cleanser gets lots of rave reviews on this forum.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using MD Skincare All-In-One Facial Cleanser with Toner and I just love the stuff. My face looks like I've used a gentle scrub after I've used this cleanser, but without any redness or irritation. It leaves your skin absolutely clean but never tight.

I've always been kind of footloose and fancy-free about cleansers. I'd either use Neutrogena or whatever samples I had on hand. EDS send me a sample of this stuff and I've been thoroughly hooked on it ever since.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I've been using MD Skincare All-In-One Facial Cleanser with Toner and I just love the stuff. My face looks like I've used a gentle scrub after I've used this cleanser, but without any redness or irritation. It leaves your skin absolutely clean but never tight.

I've always been kind of footloose and fancy-free about cleansers. I'd either use Neutrogena or whatever samples I had on hand. EDS send me a sample of this stuff and I've been thoroughly hooked on it ever since.

Does it remove makeup well? Is it good for oily skin?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:24 pm      Reply with quote
I don't really wear make-up, so I don't know about that. I do, however, have oily skin and this does a wonderful job!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've just used the Cellcosmet Purifying Gel after leaving it in my cupboard for months and I was pleasently surprised at how effective it seemed to be at removing my makeup, even my mascara, although it wasn't waterproof.
I've used the Yonka Cleansing Gel and although it is a lovely, gentle cleanser it didn't remove my makeup as well as others I've tried.
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
I agree with Sel, although I don't have SUPER dehydrated skin my skin is pretty dry and I didn't like any of the Yonka Cleansers - the gel just didn't feel clean and well it really wasn't from proof after I saw some makeup residue when I used toner. The milk left me residue no matter how I used it - wish washcloth, without, etc etc.

How about trying some of the raved about cleansers currently on the board - like Osea's Cleansing Milk? According to Avalange it removes ALL makeup and is perfect for sensitive/dry skin types. Or perhaps you could try Cleansing Oils, I personally use Precleanse but there are many good brands out there like Decleor that are also worth trying.
nubajelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:09 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the advice. I don't really wear a lot of make up. I use BE mineral makeup, but don't cake it on or anything. I went to ULTA and picked up some cetaphil. It says it takes off makeup, so I will try that for now. (Gotta watch out for the price tag as I'm a poor college student who recently splurged on ordering Revitalash!!)
LeeBee
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried Philosophy Purity? I use it at night, removes make-up, requires no toner, and does not strip.
Blacklace
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Decleor cleansing wash is perfect for combo skin and washes off makeup without stripping your skin. Personally, I prefer to take eyemakeup off with Loreal Eye makeup remover first but if in a pinch I can use the cleanser for this too. You only need a tiny amount and it smells divine - like the sea on a cool day.

My skin reacts to poor cleansers quite badly but this is excellent and I have no plans to switch to another. I also follow up with Dermalogica microfoliant which tends to control oiliness for me.

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
sormuimui wrote:
I agree with Sel, although I don't have SUPER dehydrated skin my skin is pretty dry and I didn't like any of the Yonka Cleansers - the gel just didn't feel clean and well it really wasn't from proof after I saw some makeup residue when I used toner. The milk left me residue no matter how I used it - wish washcloth, without, etc etc.

How about trying some of the raved about cleansers currently on the board - like Osea's Cleansing Milk? According to Avalange it removes ALL makeup and is perfect for sensitive/dry skin types. Or perhaps you could try Cleansing Oils, I personally use Precleanse but there are many good brands out there like Decleor that are also worth trying.

I wear very minimal makeup (i.e. just a very light swipe of MMU foundation on my face, or just a wash of blush) and I've never had any problems with removing it with Yon-Ka Cleansing Milk, BUT it doesn't remove mascara from my experience. From experience, I find Yon-Ka Cleansing Gel removes makeup better, but it doesn't suit my super dry flaky skin. With cleansing milk, I've never had any problems with residue and I just use warm wash cloth to remove it. Hmmm...products sure work different for each person.

Anyhow, I'm not using Eve Lom Cleanser at night as I work in a very polluted environment as I wanna make sure I get every trace of impurities off my face. It's amazing and I'd highly recommend it to anyone. Smile

I was gonna recommend Osea Cleansing Milk, but since I'm still waiting for my bottle to arrive and I haven't tried it personally, I didn't wanna recommend it (yet).

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:00 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:
I don't really wear make-up, so I don't know about that. I do, however, have oily skin and this does a wonderful job!

Thanks. I was asking the makeup question for myself and the oily skin question for my boyfriend. I'm looking for a good cleanser for him. I think I'll get this for him once his PSF cleanser runs out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
katee wrote:

Thanks. I was asking the makeup question for myself and the oily skin question for my boyfriend. I'm looking for a good cleanser for him. I think I'll get this for him once his PSF cleanser runs out.

How about Osea Cleansing Mud? I haven't tried it, but it's on my next to buy list! Avalange posted a great review on it..

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21249&highlight=osea+cleansing+mudd
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:
katee wrote:

How about Osea Cleansing Mud? I haven't tried it, but it's on my next to buy list! Avalange posted a great review on it..

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21249&highlight=osea+cleansing+mudd

I've thought about that, but think it might be too active to use everyday.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:31 am      Reply with quote
I wear MMU and started using the Geografx Azulene Gel Wash at the start of the year. It is all natural, smells great, takes off all my make-up and doesn't strip the moisture from my face. The best part is that it is reasonably priced ($12.50 for 4 oz).

Geografx also has a cleansing lotion that I have not used.

http://www.geografx-cosmetics.com/products-FacialCare-1.html
~*Beru*~
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:52 am      Reply with quote
Alpha Hydrox Foaming Face Wash is great for make up removal and you can use it on your eyes. It's non stripping and it's only about $9.00. They also have a cream cleanser version. You can find it on drugstore.com
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:58 am      Reply with quote
mario badescu's enzyme cleansing gel.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
I love the M.D Forte brand, and will probably never use anything else again, but this.
It's all I use. They are medicated, and very strong however.
The cleanser comes in 3 strength levels, I dont know you skin, but I would start with the weaker level.

http://www.mdforte.com/
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
I like Liz Earle cleanse and polish a lot.
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:21 am      Reply with quote
MFD facial cleanser with glycolic..

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:26 am      Reply with quote
Yonka Cleansing Gel and IS Clinical Cleansing Gel.
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 12:42 am      Reply with quote
I highly recommend Cellcosmet Purifying Gel as it melts all make-up (though I've tried using it to remove make-up only a few times) and sunscreen thoroughly without stripping. Though the Cream Cleanser also gets many rave reviews here, I personally like the Gel one much better as my skin doesn't feel as clean using the Cream Cleanser. Wink
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:55 am      Reply with quote
I love A'kin Rose & Geranium Cleanser and Toner in One. It's not at all stripping, but is effective, yet gentle at removing make-up. I find it works best massaged into the skin like a balm, then removed with a warm, damp muslin cloth.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:03 am      Reply with quote
I think you should try BIODERMA's cleansing water. It works well and could remove make-ups easily. Also it is good for very sensitive skin.
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:27 am      Reply with quote
I will only use liz earle cleanse and polish to remove make up. It removes every last scrap of make up but is moisturising and non stripping at the same time. It is a thick cream and has a lovely soft scent. You use a muslin cloth to remove it like the eve lom one but it is a fraction of the price.
System
Automatic Message
Sat May 04, 2024 2:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) DeVita Solar Protect SPF 30 with Aloe-Hyplex (50 ml / 1.7 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |