Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

MAC eyeshadows
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I love MAC eyeshadows and i use the color Shroom everyday. I'm getting low on it now, and i want to repurchase however i remember when MAC used to have this thing where you can buy 4 eyeshadows and you can pick your colors and put them in a plastic case. Do you know if they still do this?
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Yes they do but only at the MAC Pro stores.
You can purchase the eye shadows in pan form and the empty palette (they have 2 choices ones holds 4 eye shadows and one holds 15).
Here's the MAC Pro site link:

http://www.macpro.com/

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:36 am      Reply with quote
Does that mean only makeup artists can get the palettes?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:44 am      Reply with quote
ParisTroika wrote:
Does that mean only makeup artists can get the palettes?

No, don't worry. The Pro Stores just have a better range of MAC stuff. Anyone can buy there.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:46 am      Reply with quote
I did a search for a Mac Pro store...I don't think there is one even remotely near me.

Ah well...credit card is safe for now!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:41 am      Reply with quote
You can buy it on ebay too. I have one and love it. My 4 fav MAC shadows (including Shrroom) in one slim case.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I use shroom everyday as well. I love the color.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:49 am      Reply with quote
I don't so crazy about MAC for I think the e/s are not so fine enough. But I really really glad that I had got the Barbie collection. So cute Laughing Laughing
And now I'm thinking to buy a 15 e/s pan, too. It's $12 here.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:53 am      Reply with quote
I'm not so crazy about MAC eyeshadows myself although they have great color selections. I do like the idea of being able to buy refills and pans. It makes it a lot easier to organize and it's cheaper as well. I don't think refills are available in Thailand though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:09 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
I'm not so crazy about MAC eyeshadows myself although they have great color selections. I do like the idea of being able to buy refills and pans. It makes it a lot easier to organize and it's cheaper as well. I don't think refills are available in Thailand though.

In fact I like to see e/s in their own boxes much more. I always hated the idea of purchasing the refills and pan before. But now when I was told that the pan is also right size for many other brands eg. UD, TF, Smashbox and much cheaper ones like Milani and Jordana,I couldn't wait to get it.... Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:14 am      Reply with quote
Original packaging may be nice, but I have so many eyeshadows from different brands and their packagings are of the same sizes so I can never organize them properly. That's why the idea of having them in big eyeshadow pans is a lot more appealing to me. So my dresser won't look all cluttered Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:15 am      Reply with quote
Oops...I meant they are not of the same sizes. I need a cup of coffee to wake me up Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:19 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Original packaging may be nice, but I have so many eyeshadows from different brands and their packagings are of the same sizes so I can never organize them properly. That's why the idea of having them in big eyeshadow pans is a lot more appealing to me. So my dresser won't look all cluttered Smile

I am going to find several pretty pencil boxes for mine.... Laughing Laughing
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
I got mine on ebay too.
I have Naked Lunch, patina, Contrast (a gorgeous deep navy) and a lovely dark green - the name escapes me.
Ke Jiang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:20 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:
Oops...I meant they are not of the same sizes. I need a cup of coffee to wake me up Rolling Eyes

Laughing Laughing Laughing I think we both need to go to bed.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:40 am      Reply with quote
I was telling my HD about the MAC shadows I lve and he was going into ecstasies about Naked Lunch.
It's so good having a gay HD as he knows exactly what I mean when I talk about makeup.
Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:46 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I was telling my HD about the MAC shadows I lve and he was going into ecstasies about Naked Lunch.
It's so good having a gay HD as he knows exactly what I mean when I talk about makeup.
Very Happy

What's HD?

I know what you mean about talking to gay friends about makeup. I work in a gay club with cabaret shows and I just love going into work, watching them transforming themselves from big buff guys into beautiful girls. They've given me so much makeup tips. It's unbelievable! And yes, they always know what brands or colors I'm talking about Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:50 am      Reply with quote
hairdresser.
Very Happy
snow_balls
5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:56 am      Reply with quote
I love MAC eyeshadows and also prefer putting them in the 15 pan palettes.

Got addicted to depotting them as well.

Anyone using their paints?
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anymore eyeshadows- I have over over 50 of them (80% MAC) and then I also have palettes as well. (so i probably have over 200 shades at my finger tips).
But I was in MAC yesterday, going to buy the angled blush brush that Liz recommended (to get that chiseled look) and I saw this gorgeous color. Its called "club" and its a darky greeny, browny, black frost and it looks amazing on (if you want a smokey look with out looking like you got beat up).
I loooove MAC eyeshadows!
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Emma2006 wrote:
I got mine on ebay too.
I have Naked Lunch, patina, Contrast (a gorgeous deep navy) and a lovely dark green - the name escapes me.

Let me guess, might the dark green be Humid? It is a very popular shade for MAC.

I have Contrast too! It is so wonderful as a liner and as a crease colour. Try it over Moth Brown. Works beautifully.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
cuppre
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
snow_balls wrote:
I love MAC eyeshadows and also prefer putting them in the 15 pan palettes.

Got addicted to depotting them as well.

Anyone using their paints?

I hate depotting, always burn my fingers when I bend the plastic. Neutral Nearly destroyed my Moth Brown because of it.

But I love MAC paints. Such a nice based and you use the tiniest amount. I wish they hadn't discontinued some of the more interesting colours though, like the Mauvism one.

Mid-20s Asian female (since I am not mature enough to be called a woman Very Happy). Skin is combination with tendency to dryness around the cheeks and prone to blemishes. Naturally coarse black hair Sad. Lastly but most importantly, you need something purchased in Australia I will be happy to CP :.
Heléne
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Canadian Girl wrote:
I told myself that I wasn't going to buy anymore eyeshadows- I have over over 50 of them (80% MAC) and then I also have palettes as well. (so i probably have over 200 shades at my finger tips).
But I was in MAC yesterday, going to buy the angled blush brush that Liz recommended (to get that chiseled look) and I saw this gorgeous color. Its called "club" and its a darky greeny, browny, black frost and it looks amazing on (if you want a smokey look with out looking like you got beat up).
I loooove MAC eyeshadows!

Ooohhh NOOO; I knew I should have seen this coming! I've been eyeing this color for a looong time, wanting to buy it but telling myself I have enough as it is (that is; enough to last for the next 10 years, or so.. Rolling Eyes )
Now I WILL definately have to buy it; you guys are all a wonderful bunch of enablers! Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:06 am      Reply with quote
my first set of eyeshadow is from MAC! i simply adore MAC eyeshadow! love how pigment the colors are and the wide range of colors to choose from.

but sadly, there isnt any MAC Pro store in where i am from. and maybe due to the market size, some great colors and products are just not available too. eg. Lip Lacquer, it wasnt available either and i had to get a cp if i want any of the colors.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 8:29 am      Reply with quote
Quick tip for you all who don't live near a Pro store and want to try DIY palettes: ELF sells nearly identical palettes for $1. They will definitely fit MAC eyeshadow pans (as well as most other standard sized pans, e.g. Milani, Urban Decay, Jane)

http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elfshop/products.asp?dept_id=1133&bag_id=&kit_rec_id=

Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:38 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |