Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
::Review:: Eminence Stone Crop Body Lotion
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:24 am      Reply with quote
Despite using sunscreen daily through the summers, I have a tan on my arms that won't fade. I usually wear short sleeve t-shirts when outdoors so I have tan lines 3 inches from my shoulders. I hate that the skin on my arms is darker than than my chest and shoulders and for that reason, I won't wear anything sleeveless or a tank top.

The Eminence Stone Crop Body Lotion is supposed to lighten skin with freckles, sun and age spots, without any harsh chemicals, so I decided to try it.

It has an herbal scent that isn't too strong; I personally don't care for it, but it fades quickly, so it's fine. It doesn't absorb as quickly as I would like, but because I am using it as a treatment, I'll put up with it. Wink

I've been using it everyday for the last 3 weeks and I am happy to report that my perpetual tan is starting to fade. It is still a work in progress, but I am pretty sure that by the time I finish the large 8 oz. bottle, my arms should match my shoulders again. I am thrilled with my results so far. Very Happy

Ingredients: Stonecrop, Stonecrop Extract, Carrot Extract, Bioflavonoids, Natural Moisturizing Factor, Corn Germ (Zea Mays) Oil, Natural Cream Base, Biocomplex (Vitamin A, Ester C, Vitamin E, Coenzyme Q10, Alpha Lipoic Acid), Lemon Oil, Lavender Oil, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Derivative, Glycerine.
System
Automatic Message
The above post is a review of the following product available at EDS:
Eminence Organics Stone Crop Body Lotion (250 ml / 8 oz)
Eminence Organics Stone Crop Body Lotion (250 ml / 8 oz)

Multi-active Hydrating, Lightening & Tightening
• Helps to prevent pigmentation due to sun exposure
• Helps to reduce the visibility of existing pigments
• Revitalizes and firms stressed skin
• Moisturizes, rejuvenates and protects epidermis
• Increase skin resistance to environmental stress
• Soothes and calms sensitive skin especially after sun exposure

havana8

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:23 pm      Reply with quote
Another great review, Tam! It was a toss-up between this and the Naseberry Body Lotion (which I quite like)... This is now on my next-to-purchase list. Very Happy
CK
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:28 am      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in it! I have quite a number of sunspots on my arms that I want to fade. But EDS does not seem to carry it? Rolling Eyes
lovelyjane
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
Wondering if it smells the same as the masque?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've got a similar problem of slightly darker skin on my arms & shoulders, thanks to growing up in sunny australia and wearing sleeveless tops as a child.

If this stuff works, I'll be beyond happy. Although it does sound too good to be true, I ordered a bottle of this last night. Here's hoping....
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
That's great Tam! How long have you had this tan on your arms for?
vikki_cooler
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:47 am      Reply with quote
I've seen so many rave reviews about this brand lately.
I can't stop thinking of buying Eminence in my next order.
skinlover
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
There's seem to be an endless lemming here for me in EDS Laughing
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:38 am      Reply with quote
I just received this today and have applied it twice already. Agree with tam, it's got some strange kind of fragrance that I don't really like, but it does dissipate fairly quickly.

Will keep using twice a day and post back in a month or so how it's going. Hopefully I can get good results like tam. I want snow white porcelain arms! And shoulders!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 13, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Any updates on this?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 14, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
Have been using this for about six weeks now on my arms and back of the shoulders, twice a day (ok, I confess to missing a couple of applications when travelling)

Unfortunately, I haven't been as lucky as tam, and can't really see any lightening effect, nothing noticeable to me anyway. Then again, the sun damage I'm trying to get rid of has been there for decades so I knew it wouldn't be easy.

What I have noticed is that it does have a nice softening effect though and I would recommend it for this. I've been using scrub gloves daily for as long as I can remember so it's not like my skin was rough to begin with, but I found the softening noticeable more or less from the start.

I don't have a problem with bumps/acne, except occasionally on my shoulders at the base of my neck and this seems to have made this worse. It could just be coincidental, but I'm thinking of stopping using it in this area for this reason. Today I had to wear a high collar to cover up an ugly red bump that had appeared in that area!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I just came across this old thread, and thought I should mention that it wasn’t the stone crop that was causing the breakouts on the back of my neck/shoulders. I’ve since found the culprit, I think, and am quite sure it’s not this body lotion.
luyan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I just buy the same range of facial, body lotion on the also very interested in, thank you Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 01, 2010 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
This smells fantastic and glides on beautifully. It's apparently the most hydrating out of all the lotions, according to the BA.
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use stone crop cleansing gel, serum and gel.
All are good and they can lighten my skin colour.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
OP, thanks so much for this review.

I've been thinking of trying this product.

I notice that the product has lavender and lemon. According to Paula Begoun, those are skin irritants? Hence, did you experience any irritation from this product?
beauty mask
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:26 am      Reply with quote
I have sensitive skin and use it for long time, it is not make me allergy.

VeronicaM wrote:
OP, thanks so much for this review.

I've been thinking of trying this product.

I notice that the product has lavender and lemon. According to Paula Begoun, those are skin irritants? Hence, did you experience any irritation from this product?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2012 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Is it really an effective skin lightener?

Does it truly deliver on its promises?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
It's in my shopping list. I just tried a sample and like the texture and smell so much.
Adriadne

Sun Aug 23, 2015 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I love this lotion. I first bought it after adopting a somewhat feral adolescent cat. Her bites and scratches left wounds that scarred up my hands and arms. I didn't notice a dramatic lightening of the scars, but I did notice that the new wounds healed much quicker and left fainter scars. (She has since become a very sweet cat. It just took a couple of years and thousands of dollars in damage. I'm a cat lady, so I'm okay with that.)

Anyway, back to the lotion... I happen to love the smell and the way it absorbs into my skin. It definitely leaves my skin feeling softer than most other lotions. I bought the whole Stone Crop set, but this is my favorite. I even use it on my face sometimes.
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Eminence stone crop body lotion smells divine and so moisturizing. I would recommend it to anyone. Maybebe it's not as cheap as the regular drugstore brands, but it does a little bit go a long way.
supermacyb
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:31 pm      Reply with quote
Judy Chen wrote:
Eminence stone crop body lotion smells divine and so moisturizing. I would recommend it to anyone. Maybebe it's not as cheap as the regular drugstore brands, but it does a little bit go a long way.

is it enough in winter? i hv super dry skin. haha
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
It depends on how dry your skin is and where you live. To me, I am in a country that is not rigid cold in the winter. And this Eminence body lotion is moisturizing enough to me.
arielstar08
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2019 5:59 am      Reply with quote
No, I didn't notice any skin lightening.
VeronicaM wrote:
Is it really an effective skin lightener?

Does it truly deliver on its promises?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:24 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |