Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The Skinny On Alcohol (article)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.lifescript.com/channels/healthy_living/Holiday/alcoholic_beverages_uncorking_the_facts.asp
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like I'll reach for champagne from now on.

I'd drink it all the time (in lieu of other drinks WHEN I drink I mean...haha) if I could afford it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, that was a happy hour bummer. I WAS going to have a glass of wine tonight, but now I am feeling guilty so I guess I'll skip it.
Okay bkkgirl, got any bad articles for chocolate? Sad

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
Indulging once in awhile with naughty foods is the ultimate guilty pleasure in life. Bad Grin

With that being said, I'm glad I just enjoy the monthly glass of wine Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
So thats where the beer belly comes from? Shock
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
I am so not clicking that link! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

Same here guapagirl, I don't think anything can make me give up wine and the others...
Cheers, wave
Wild Cat

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

Same here guapagirl, I don't think anything can make me give up wine and the others...
Cheers, wave
Wild Cat

Cheers! :slurp:

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

Ditto!
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Well I drink almost every night and I'm still at 120 pounds at 5'10".
I must not be drinking enough Laughing Laughing
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
If forced to give up my beloved glass of wine in the evenings, I will have no choice but to replace it with cookies. Very Happy
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
Although I know even if I do read that article I probably won't ditch drinking, I still decided not to read it. I suscribe fully to the ignorance is bliss ideology Bad Grin

5% products discount

Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:59 am      Reply with quote
Man...this is my one true vice that I didn't want to scale back on...I love a good glass of red wine...maybe one every night is not good? great article!
Wild Cat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
Well I drink almost every night and I'm still at 120 pounds at 5'10".
I must not be drinking enough Laughing Laughing

I drink wine every night too and I am only 100lbs at 5'3".

5% products discount

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm, not so concerned with weight...I do endurance sports and have stayed the same size for years...but I AM however wondering if it is bad for the skin...
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
Heck light drinkers live longer and have more fun. I think some MDs are just pissed at this and have to manufacture something bad.

I drink a glass of wine nearly every night and occassionally Scotch. I am 51 and thin (4 years ago I had gained a bit of weight but was drinking a lot less then). In fact there are also studies showing that a drink instead of dessert helps people lose weight. Go to it. Bad Grin
TRIHARDLISA
5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Sharky...is 2 glasses bad? I hear that one glass is good for your health..2 can have an adverse affect...
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
I have readed a article said that it is healthy for women drink a little red wine before sleeping!
TRIHARDLISA
5% products discount

Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
hmmm, see, I just luv how it tastes and how it goes with food and relaxing..I just hate that 5oz is considered a glass Laughing

I don't really have any other bad vices...but I would hate to know that the one vice I do enjoy is bad for me in the long run.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
How much is "good" for you depends on the person. The several real studies I've looked at say 2 glasses for women and 3 for men BUT if you are a small female and/or have particular problems that might be triggered by alcohol it will be less (e.g. liver problems, history with alcolism in the family). The studies are an average over many people and the effects are good for many diseases (diabetes, stroke, heart disease) but bad for some others (liver disease, drug interactions if you are taking pain killers or blood thinners). For cancer there are some positives at low doses and negatives at high doses (really high like 4-5 glasses per day).

I think one glass per day and sometimes 2 is good for nearly everybody but only you know your own medical history.
TRIHARDLISA
5% products discount

Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
You are right Sharky...I am small framed and so I wonder if it can affect me more than others....but I guess I shouldn't over think it right?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:49 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |