Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
SAS Anti-Aging Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has tried this and what they think about it?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:36 am      Reply with quote
Salli, it's packed chock full of all the good stuff for anti-aging for the long-term (not going list all the ingredients here). It's a great preventive measure. But if you're already "showing your age" like me and expecting to see fast results, well not so much. It's no longer in my "arsenal". I find I'm getting much faster results with OCM, Candessence Firming Serum & Triple C Serum and SAS's Marine Nutrient Cream for moisture along with my daily dose of 6 grams of MSM.

JMHO,

Ari

p.s. Now that I'm using those powerhouse products, I'm able to take my "weed 'n' feed" method down to one week a month.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Ari, does the OCM work for dry skin? Do DIY this? Also, how do I get Candy to send me her stuff? Thanks.

Salli

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Salli, I just responded to your pm. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:38 pm      Reply with quote
You can get Candi's stuff at her eversopurdy website!

http://www.candessence.com
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
katee, thanks. I just ordered. I didn't think she was still open for business because of her surgery.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:06 am      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Ari, does the OCM work for dry skin? Do DIY this? Also, how do I get Candy to send me her stuff? Thanks.

Salli

Would love to read the answer to that....
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 11:50 am      Reply with quote
I think the ocm would work for any skin type no? I have dehydrated skin (drier cheeks, oily t-zone) and i find the OCM works great for me and would think someone with drier skin would definitely benefit. I don't use the traditional OCM everyday though, maybe 1-2 times a week (i don't like massaging my facial skin toooo much, i think it can cause slackening). on those other days, i use a rinse off oil cleanser, which is quick and easy.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
Kristen, thanks. I know my question sounded stupid. However, from what I have read here (EDS) the majority of people using OCM have oily or combo skin - hence my question. As far as Candy's products, I read a thread the other day that she wasn't "mixing" for a bit until she recovered from her surgery.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
Salli, it's packed chock full of all the good stuff for anti-aging for the long-term (not going list all the ingredients here). It's a great preventive measure. But if you're already "showing your age" like me and expecting to see fast results, well not so much. It's no longer in my "arsenal". I find I'm getting much faster results with OCM, Candessence Firming Serum & Triple C Serum and SAS's Marine Nutrient Cream for moisture along with my daily dose of 6 grams of MSM.

JMHO,

Ari

p.s. Now that I'm using those powerhouse products, I'm able to take my "weed 'n' feed" method down to one week a month.

*arsenal* LOL! That was superb!

Markey Smile
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
salli wrote:
Kristen, thanks. I know my question sounded stupid. However, from what I have read here (EDS) the majority of people using OCM have oily or combo skin - hence my question. As far as Candy's products, I read a thread the other day that she wasn't "mixing" for a bit until she recovered from her surgery.

hi salli,

Not a stupid question at all. I didn't pay close attention to the what kind of skin everyone had that was using the OCM. but i would think it would be great for drier skin, you should give it a try.

There are so many oils to use besides castor oil though (not my favorite at all since i have read it is known to stimulate hair growth and i don't need extra facial problems!). You should pick an oil that is good for your facial skin type. I was using jojoba, but am switching to sunflower seed oil since it's cheaper and i love trying new things. at the moment, a big passion of mine is trying all the carrier oils GoW carries Laughing.

If you try it i would love to hear an update.

I don't remember reading anything about Candy but I hope she recovers and can return to her mixing Smile.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
MarkeyGoW wrote:
*arsenal* LOL! That was superb!

Markey Smile

Markey, that's sort of what it feels like, ya know? Laughing Laughing

Jakee & Kristen, OCM will work on all skin types. It's a matter of finding the right base oils & essential oils for your own skin type. It takes a lot of research and some trial and error to get it just right. Massaging doesn't cause sagging as long as you do it correctly in circular motions. I've found that it helps tighten up my skin. I believe our skin has a tendency to "pull away" as we age and it begins to sag even more than the muscles do. Massaging helps firm the muscles underneath as well as the skin itself.

Again, I'm not a scientist or anything remotely resembling one. I just know what has helped me. And, for all my wrinkles, I DO look younger than I did 2 years ago.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also took a look at the skin actives ingredient list for the anti aging cream. It does have very nice ingredients, but butylene glycol (petroleum derivative) being very high on the ingredient list worries me. i also noticed it is high on the bright-i cream i recommended to a friend Confused . I am on a more natural skin care route so am ingredient picky now, but i am sure the SAS cream is very nice.

Kristen

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:

Jakee & Kristen, OCM will work on all skin types. It's a matter of finding the right base oils & essential oils for your own skin type. It takes a lot of research and some trial and error to get it just right. Massaging doesn't cause sagging as long as you do it correctly in circular motions. I've found that it helps tighten up my skin. I believe our skin has a tendency to "pull away" as we age and it begins to sag even more than the muscles do. Massaging helps firm the muscles underneath as well as the skin itself.

Again, I'm not a scientist or anything remotely resembling one. I just know what has helped me. And, for all my wrinkles, I DO look younger than I did 2 years ago.

Ari

Hi Arielle,

I totally agree with finding the correct oil(s) for each person's skin.

I am not sure if massaging tightens any facial muscles. I would think only facial exercises would be able to do that. It is just my opinion that over massaging causes slackening, but it makes sense to me that it would, like pulling at your eyelids too much when applying eye makeup.

massaging in the OCM is mainly to loosen the cysts in my skin and is also great for circulation of course.

Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using OCM for two days now. It does seem to be working. My skin does not feel as dehydrated as before. I'm currently using EVOO (75%) rosehip seed oil (25%). I'll most likely do more of a combination of oils. My thought on massaging your skin is that you must be gentle. I feel like the massaging is also stimulating the circulation in my skin - which I would think would be beneficial for cell turnover. All that being said, I'm no scientist nor am I a skincare professional.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi salli,

I feel the same way, i feel like my cheeks are as dehydrated even when i don't use a cream right after. thank you for the update.

Kristen

Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |